It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saylor creek range photo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Well since Saylor creek bombing range is about 20 miles from my home here I went out there this morning. Most of the range is off limits because of aerial bombing practice but the area that was posted by Rand a couple of days ago is basically an old bunker. A very good friend that works out there took me right to the spot and took me right into it. The area that is to the west where it looks like a hole (from the air) is actually an old and not used anymore site where there "were" old anti aircraft missles set up. Not much there though. Keep looking okay

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Fantastic, lilwolf! Just walk up to the front door and ask 'em what's going on, that's always the best way to start out.

Any idea how old the bunker is, or what else is going on out there? Not that I think it's anything sinister, but it seems like the populated areas (trailers/buildings, etc.) are a bit close to the bombing/straffing ranges.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Hey Rand,
Most of the saylor creek area is (or was) both an old aerial bombing range and part of the old Artillery range used mostly by the Idaho National Guard. Since the population of this area has grown it's not used much anymore.
As for people there - they are for the most part farmers that have been in the area for decades.
Some of the old site that we see now with airplane bodies on them are just that old rusting up pieces of metal. The Air force still does use it (near the bunker) now and then for practice runs in F-15's and F-16's. There was an old radar site out there but that was taken apart a long time back.
Out there now is the usual MP's that make a once a day drive through. You are right on the odd fencing. Colonel Reynolds (retired) told me that back in the 60's and the 70's there were alot of testing of different ordnance used in the military. Many of the old farmers out there still are having trouble on a smaller scale with old ordnance that did not explode. So, there is always a danger out there. The bunker that we see used to be an actual radar center that was used quite alot aparently. But almost everything has been removed. Fences still keep out sheep
and people on 4 wheelers. With permission you can go out there. They have a big area all blocked off because of ordnance dangers. I have spent alot of time out in these desert areas around here and there is always something wierd going on. Everything from an alledged landing in 78 to seeing triangular craft in the skies. But out there you never know because of the close proximity to Mountain Home AFB. There are alot antelope there as well. That's about it but I do keep a watch on that area also because I also own 200 acres out in that area that I plan on developing into an outdoor shooting range here real soon.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 08:10 PM
link   
lilwolf, that's the bestest report I've seen in a great while. Thanks, it's most appreciated.

Uh, seen any secret Giant Stealth Blimp bases out that way?

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Nice report. I have been so use to seeing wildly exagerated disinfo latley that this is a plesent suprise. Did you take any photos on your trip?

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I took a few and will get them up here as soon as I get a break from work and the usual garbage. I took a few out there but there's not a whole lot there. But I still like it out there on that part of the desert area.

top topics

join