It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arkansas's Bigfoot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Arkansas has its own Bigfoot that has included sightings, 2 movies, and a mythical beast that will be passed on from one generation to the next. It is known as the Boggy Creek Monster. located in Fouke, Arkansas, which is at the far southwestern corner of Arkansas. It lives in the swamps of this region and has been decribed to look like a cousin of Bigfoot, but with a mix swamp thing. It howls through the night, walking the swamps. One day maybe this creature will come to light or maybe the Legend of Boggy Creek Monster will continue to live on as a old story passed down for 150 years.Text White

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I remember when the movie came out. I went to the drive in with my friend and his family. It was quite creepy.

It also reminds me of the good stuff too. Like late August in the NE when the temp would drop off at night from the heat of the day. After his dad parked the truck the two of us would grab our sleeping bags and back ourselves up under the front bumper so the heat of the engine would keep us warm while we watched the movies. We backed up a little deeper on that night.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Lots of sites with info on Arkansas B.F.
Search Smokey Crabtree on google sometime for some interesting stories.

Best BF organization in the Tx/La/Ar region is G.C.B.R.O who have been actively researching and compiling stories on BF's in the area for several years now.

www.GCBRO.com

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 10:27 AM
link   
As a child, our family use to go to Fouke Arkansas to eat at the resturaunt on the swamp. I think my grandparents may have seen it; as they were the ones who first told my brother and I about the creature.

My grandmother always watched for something as we were driving along the deserted track to the resturaunt called 'Spruells'. I use to get scared that the creature would jump in front of the car.

When my brother and I saw something in the swamps one evening; we got scared and ran inside.

new topics

top topics

join