It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Name for Road Rage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Road Rage

Chicago - To you, that angry, horn-blasting tailgater has road rage. But doctors have another name for it - intermittent explosive disorder - and a new study suggests it is far more common than they realised, affecting up to 16 million Americans.

An attitude adjustment still wouldn't hurt. The only time i get angry on the road is when people who are going BELOW the speed limit won't let anyone pass.
Other than that most cars get out of my way when they see the BIG hoodscoop

Enjoy

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I've got an idea, let's make up a new name for an old problem and claim it is widespread, implying all the while that it needs to be studied. That way we can get lots of money to keep us going for a few years.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astronomer70
I've got an idea, let's make up a new name for an old problem and claim it is widespread, implying all the while that it needs to be studied. That way we can get lots of money to keep us going for a few years.

Exactly. These "doctors" make it sound like they don't have anything better to do but create a name for such asinine things as road rage. Everyone gets a little tee'd off when some ignorant driver cuts in front of them. It's dangerous driving. Now to classify road rage near spousal abuse [refer to article]

Road rage, temper outbursts that involve throwing or breaking objects and even spousal abuse can sometimes be attributed to the disorder, though not everyone who does those things is afflicted.

Now that's insane. Those drivers that take their road rage and act on it to where they need to step out of their vehicle and confront another driver, physically, should be coined with a term that has already been established in the medical [and Justice] realm: Criminal-Minded. Making "new" terms is the least of "doctors" problems. What doctors need to be doing is breaking apart from the pharmaceuticals and making a strive towards more herbal remedies. It's the natural remedies that work as a preemptive strike against disease that we, as civilians, need. Doctors need to encourge proactive SOLUTIONS to our health problems, not solutions to an "old" term [Road Rage].

Ok, I'm off my soap box now...

[edit on 6-6-2006 by PrimaFaciFacts]

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Anyone ever watch Law and order? remember that one episode where the guy tried to plead innocence due to "Sports Rage" and even had some scheister shrink trying to claim that getting violent at sports matches is a mental illness you have no control over?

Im sure sooner or later they will come up with medication and support groups for Road Rage. After all, its a new unexploited market, full of potential profit.

It also turns adults into dependant people who no longer will have to claim responsibility for their actions. This is what society is moving towards: no one responsible for anything anymore because of various "mental illnesses", and thus, the nanny state can move in.

Its BS like this that makes me lose any respect I had for psychiatry.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Another excuse for another pill. "Got Roadrage? press here 0 and we will show you how to get rid of it...at a new low price"......

How ridiculous!!! Everything is an illness- lets sell more meds, shall we? Then the Homeopaths will jump in the bandwagon: "All Natural way to combat dread decease"

Its laughable. We are all "faulty"

"But your honor, my client suffers from_________" So i beg the court to have mercy"

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Does any one else remember back in the day horse drawn wagon rage, yeah those were the days. Too bad the times don't really change, just different people going through them...

Maybe it can be called F U Disease.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR

Maybe it can be called F U Disease.
That really is a very appropriate name for it. In Arizona they dont just flip the finger, they fire a shot at you. I always thought they were CRIMINALS.
Silly me!

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 06:43 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

funny, IED has been for over 10 years, likely longer, IED, hmmmmmm.......

Dae

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by smokenmirrors
funny, IED has been for over 10 years, likely longer, IED, hmmmmmm.......

Funny you should say that, it is in the DSM-IV but and its a big BUTT

Anger syndrome 'under-diagnosed'
Last Updated: Monday, 5 June 2006, 23:22 GMT 00:22 UK

"If people think these explosive outbursts are just bad behaviour, they are not thinking of this problem as a serious biomedical problem that can be treated" Professor Emil Coccaro, study author

WOW, its a whole new pill money spin! All those people who arnt popping pills, what a waste!

Hmm, interesting thoughts Im having. I wonder how many people who they believe is effected by this 'under-diagnosed' syndrome are actually men. So imagine we have a NWO end-of-the-world scenario, what better way to neuter all those agressive men who could pose a problem when (if) the crunch comes.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Sorry, the eternal skeptic in me cringes when anything sufaces out of the University of Chicago or Stanford. These are no longer places of higher learning, they are Neocon think tanks. They work very hard at these intitutions to further drive this country down.

top topics

join