It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How would you react on the 19th?

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 07:30 AM
link   
As we all know now, this is the date when 6000 goverment officials are conducting emergency drills and will be heading to thier bunkers to practice being safe and sound whilst the rest of the population fry.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Theres so much speculation that there will be a co-incidental large scale attack, as was the case with the 9/11 and 7/7 attacks, but i like to think that the government would'nt be stupid enough to go ahead and do something so obvious when half of the country will be waiting for that exact thing.

However.......IF they were that stupid and launch an attack at the same time as they are carrying out the drills, how do you think the world will react this time around? How will the US react? More importantly, as people here are more aware of the dodgy goings on of our goverments, how will YOU react?

As has been pointed out already, this has allegedly happened twice in the past few years, and you only have to look at the websites showing the odds of the drills and actual attacks happening at the same time, to see that something is amiss here. Please correct me if these are innacurate, but i'm just providing a link to one of hundreds of similar sites on the web showing the figures.

www.global-conspiracies.com...

Yet as i see it, no-one has done much apart from talk about it? Yes they've passed the word and more people are aware now which is good, but what major action would you take if you were watching the news on the 19th June and saw that whilst the officials are having tea and biscuits in thier bunkers, something big happens again?

People only usualy take so much being messed about, but how much more will you take?

CX.

[edit on 6/6/06 by CX]

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I agree, you may be able to fool the people, but you ultimateley NEED at least SOME people to believe you.

but..

now that its conveniently on the news, on the internet mainstream news, it would be a perfect time if a terrorist WAS plotting to hit.. i mean with all those employee's away,
alqaeda always seem to adapt as they say..

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by CX

As has been pointed out already, this has allegedly happened twice in the past few years, and you only have to look at the websites showing the odds of the drills and actual attacks happening at the same time, to see that something is amiss here. Please correct me if these are innacurate, but i'm just providing a link to one of hundreds of similar sites on the web showing the figures.

But there were no drills at the time of the London Underground bombings....

This all seems to have arisen from that fact that one firm (out of thousands) in the the City was planning to hold it's routine emergency planning exercise (which consists of a few selected members of staff sitting around a table - the purpose is to see whether, in the event of communications being lost, data being destroyed or key members of staff being missing the company can still operate) on the same day.

It's an exercise most City firms have carried out at least once a year ever since the bombings of the 1990s.

Edit: I'm not statistician but I'm pretty sure the probability stats on that website are complete rubbish.

[edit on 6-6-2006 by Essan]

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 07:49 AM
link   
What better time for an attack then when you know all first reponders will be busy. Any time these sorts of excersises are conducted in the field they are often enacted without having the actual "ammo" the real mission would require. If all units were essentially pre-deployed without the things they needed to actually do their job, that would really screw up the response badly...

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by CX

[quote/]

Firstly this is an impossible statistic, due to the very nature of terrorism you cannot make a statistic of '3 stations being bombed at the same time in the past 5 years' as it has only happened once. A better fact would be bomb threats in the past 5 years and how they corresponded to the drills that were occuring. You wil find that every day there will be some company connected to the underground, or either a military or civilian authority running some kind of drill in London. Its just the way things work.

Secondly, as the Essan stated, one city firm was running a dry-training drill in response to any terror or extreme civil disturbance attack. dry-training means that all they do, as essan stated is sit around a table and discuss what they have to do if the event occurs. I have attended similar ones with SJA, a volunteer firstaid group on the risk of major incident care, and there is no conspiracy there.

Thirdly, the first poster appears to be claiming that 9/11 and 7/7 were directed by the government, and he fears this would happen 'again'. The chances of these two events, or in fact either one of them being planned and executed by the governments is, using the websites 'statistical genius' around

1,355,653,589,475,739,494,830,300,000,393,828,227,484,895,959 to one
thats a lot more than grains of sand!!

CX

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

But there were no drills at the time of the London Underground bombings....

This all seems to have arisen from that fact that one firm (out of thousands) in the the City was planning to hold it's routine emergency planning exercise (which consists of a few selected members of staff sitting around a table - the purpose is to see whether, in the event of communications being lost, data being destroyed or key members of staff being missing the company can still operate) on the same day.

It's an exercise most City firms have carried out at least once a year ever since the bombings of the 1990s.

Edit: I'm not statistician but I'm pretty sure the probability stats on that website are complete rubbish.

[edit on 6-6-2006 by Essan]

Thanks for the replies,

I'm only going on info that i thought was true, i bet i'm not the only one to have thought it true that they were running drills that day? Anyway, take a look at this site and download the short BBC news interview where the guy running the drills explains it. Are you saying this was false info?

www.whatreallyhappened.com...

I know these drills were discussed here on ATS, heres one of the links,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I did'nt realised that it was accepted as a non event now?

EDIT: Ah i see now
, i thought it was an actual exercise going on in the tubes at the time of the real incident. Thanks for highlighting that.

You have to admmit though, it's still some coincidence, discussing the same events that actualy kicked off.
CX.

[edit on 6/6/06 by CX]

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I reckon Agit8dChop has hit the propaganda line.
Of course it was those smart terrorists who knew that this would cause trouble. Hay if your smarter maybe we can forget about the threat of terrorism altogether? I mean just stay out of the capital when one of these government practice things is in force.

The trouble is I could see the government using any trouble caused by the terrorists "cunning timing" to make secret all future government rehersals (so it doesn't happen again).
To be honest it won't cause much more trouble than they wanted it to because people like Rupert Murdoch (who own most the media) are hardly going to give one of their editors promotion for putting it on top of the news agenda.

As for 7/7 thing there was just a big meeting with the Australian PM in Britain. Well apparently that's all it is (but who are we to know?).

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Liberal1984

The trouble is I could see the government using any trouble caused by the terrorists "cunning timing" to make secret all future government rehersals (so it doesn't happen again).

But the point as we keep trying to explain is that there was no govt rehersal or exercise. It was a routine corporate crisis management exerise - carried out by all City companies at least once a year in just the same way they also carry out fire drills......

Believe it or not there are actually hundreds of firms with offices in London. And if each carries out one such exercise a year then there's probably one being held right this minute. And another planned for tomorrow....

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 06:49 AM
link   
What a wonderful life this has become!!! Will we get bombed? Will we live? Will we get to see tomorrow? Will there be a Christmas? Will i get to go on that trip?

I swear, no wonder i'm depressed.

On the 19th we will go about our business as usual. Those who are employed will have to go to work. I'll be sitting here unemployed (my cross to bear) posting on ATS. I'll be alone
I cant imagine asking my husband to stay home that day.
I cant imagine asking a neighbor to come over to wait for "the end"

They'd all think i had totally flipped now.

So, it will be just another day.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Take each day as it comes,

Senators and Government officials have to do this stuff from time to time. It doesn't necessarily mean the world is doomed

Think of how many times on ATS you've read a thread that says the world will end at a certain day and time. We've lived through all of them so far

If we get nuked - so be it. I'll deal with it when it happens. If not - awesome, I was right

When the 2008 elections are through and Bush is out of office - my post saying "Ha! I told you!" will be so long it won't be funny

top topics

join