It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How come lucid dreaming is under paranormal?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Lucid dreaming is a scientifically verified phenomenon. I don't think it should be under this forum should it? All future lucid dreaming threads should go under science or something.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I think it's here because once a person is able to Lucd Dream on their own, the next step is to AP (astral project), or have an OBE (out of body experience). Neither of which are regularly talked about in science...which is why it's here in the paranormal. It's not very normal for people to leave their bodies and go on journies using their soul/spirit/whatever.

At least, that's what I thought.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Oh...never thought of it that way. But it would imply lucid dreaming can lead on to oobe. But I don't think it follows logically. Just because lucid dreaming and oobe share similarities, it doesn't necessary follow that lucid dreaming can lead on to oobe. Thanks for clearing it up though.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Craft

I've never atcually OBE'd or AP'd myself, and the last Lucid dream I had was probably 10+ years ago, so I'm not the expert on this.

But yeah, so far, everyone here seems to think that whle you're Lucid Dreaming, your brain is in a certain state giving off certain waves....supposedly, Lucid Dreaming is the make believe OBE, where you yourself actually make up the 'playground'. But it aens that if you can achieve Lucid Dreaming, your brain is capable of reaching that level of meditation/control, and you might possibly be able to concisouly disconnect yourself from your body and travel around in real life, while your body is in the half-asleep mode...

At least, that's what I've understood so far...I'm still learning as well.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I think everyone can agree that sleep is a fairly natural phenomenon that all humans do and must engage in. What splits science away from paranormal is when sleep goes from simply facilitating rejuvination and rest, to analyzing dreams and going on crazy adventures while asleep. I assume that's why it's a paranormal topic.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Many schools of study in the persuit of astral projection/ OOBE, have you begin with exercises to faciliate lucid dreaming, such as the upkeep of a "dream journal," and the questioning of the waking consciousness "am I dreaming?" in an attempt to provoke a similar response while dreaming. I agree lucid dreaming does fall somewhat under the realm of science, but it is merely a step into the spiritual world of astral projection, and thus the reason for its inclusion in Paranormal Studies.

top topics

join