It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will it take for you to overthrow the government?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 01:47 AM
link   
What will your government have to do to make you rise up against it?

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 12:26 AM
link   
personally i dont know my own limits as to where i would say the government has crossed the line until it happens, obviously if it takes all 10 of the ammendments from me i would be one unhappy camper, but im sure there is a breaking point before even that happens

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I dont think people really care anymore.
I have seen enough crap from Bush that would make anyone want to overthrow
the Goverment.
You would think after all the LIES that man has told. He should be impeach.
But I am seeing more and more people only worried about their cars & house payments their jobs and buying more junk!!
Its the ME society.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   
When the ultra-left takes control.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 04:29 PM
link   
they got the guns we got the numbers,gonna win yea were taking over!!!!the Doors

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Just like anyone else, just gotta touch someone the right way to get them to do something.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Ha, In the event of such an uprising which i doth see in the cracks of the United States walls, the powers of many lands will converge to either backup or surpress the anarchy drive to power. But if it would do you andy good to rest at night, the soul point to get across when overthrowing a goverment such as Nigeria or Zambia is freedom. For the larger powers it would might seem honest to bring upon a downfall of power from the goverments that are drived by an outside source.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I have no idea what it would take for me to advocate violent revolution, but I'll know it when it happens. We have revolutions every November. They are called elections, local and national.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I think the breaking point will come down to our ability to have a revolution when they outlaw civilians having guns I feel thier will be a revolution with the NRA leatding the charge.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 01:27 AM
link   
the NRA of course why not and That vice president Chaney with head shots right......

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Lets get real...This is NOT going to happen. I agree that our government needs to be rebuilt from ground up. But as of now the machine will not stand for an overthrow. Police are an arm of the military and as soon as revolt started the government would ban everyone a terrorist and if it was too much for the local police to handle then the military would be called in. As much as all of you who hate the political system it will never be "Overthrown" If you guys would put as much energy into teaching your children how to get into politics and how to revolt from the inside out by getting the 2 party system out of control then AMERICA might be saved from it's self. Until we make an effort to get a trojan horse political system in power to disband the republican and democratic party we are powerless due to fixed elections and political stronge arming and set monitary boundries that keep the everyday politician from getting into office. We must start with our children. Homeschools an open political minds are our only hope for AMERICA to be recovered from corporations, banks and off shore political investments.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I have no idea what would cause me to advocate violence against the government but I'm pretty sure I would have taken nonviolent action long before that point. Typically violence isn't the answer, while I would agree that our government needs to make changes those change can and must happen from within. I agree we desparately need to have more then two political parties before meaningful change can occur. As far as a violent overthrow of the government here in the US I just don't see it happening.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 07:54 PM
link   
What a joke. You leftists get offended by name calling unless you're the ones throwing insults, would report any threatening gesture, much less a punch in the mouth, and now here you go talking about "rising up against..." the gov't?

Their is such a thing as treason. Is it a real word that means something important.

from dictionary.com: Violation of allegiance toward one's country or sovereign, especially the betrayal of one's country by waging war against it or by consciously and purposely acting to aid its enemies.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Left hell brother they are just as much of the problem as the right? I stand in no parties wake I refuse to be part of the problem but part of the solution.

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 09:30 AM
link   
When someone decideds to go very Left wing.

Labour and Liberal Democracts are both Center Left, but if either of them started go left wing of far left, im moving to Mexico.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 07:13 PM
link   
What a variety of responces.

Originally posted by cashlink
I dont think people really care anymore.

I'll have to agree with that. Those in power have made it so people fight eachother instead of it's government.

My breaking point is when I start seeing my friends and family being arested and jailed with out judgement.

Originally posted by thesnafued1
When the ultra-left takes control.

Why not the Ultra-right?

Originally posted by ProjectChaos
I think the breaking point will come down to our ability to have a revolution when they outlaw civilians having guns I feel thier will be a revolution with the NRA leatding the charge.

I think that if guns are taken out of the picture. People will lean how to make bombs.

Originally posted by tsloan

Lets get real...This is NOT going to happen.

Maybe not.
That depends on where you live maybe.
I think most people in this thread assumes that "we" are all Americans.
How is your country established to ensure you won't lose your freedoms and live in a dictatorship?

Originally posted by Earlybird
What a joke. You leftists get offended by name calling unless you're the ones throwing insults,

Who are you talking to?

Their is such a thing as treason. Is it a real word that means something important.

So if your govenment takes your children away and kills their mother in front of them you would do nothing because it would be treason?

If your government told you to do these things to other would you do it?

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Personally, I hope I never have to make that decision. I love my Country, and my Government is ALMOST perfect. The problem is with the politicians. I still believe(foolishly perhaps) that things can change for the better, and this can once again be the great nation it once was.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 10:15 AM
link   
When they shut down television. No One knows how to entertain themselves anymore w/o it. But they know that don't they.

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 06:09 AM
link   
You wouldn`t need to over throw the govt`s if the US people stopped putting idiots in power.I mean Mr memory Regan, The Bush hillbillies,Billy balls Clinton,Soon you`ll have to choose between his Still Upset Mrs Clinton (wouldn`t want to be Bills Balls when see`s in power and nolonger needs him OOOOCCCCHHH) or Silvester cat brain stylone.

Come on guys Politics are serious, start getting a decent team together.there`s only so many Trillions on the planet before your bubble busrt`s and we all have to learn Chinese.

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 11:55 AM
link   
i know a few scenarios in which i'd overthrow the government
if they strike down the 1st ammendment
if they strike down any other ammendments in the bill of rights (not so sure about 2, but probably would because it's still the bill of rights)
if the governement doesn't protect the rights of non-theists or non-christians
the establishment of a theocracy
or
if there is state-sponsored discrimination against non-theists or non-christians

top topics

<<   2 >>

join