It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jupiter is going to explode

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid

Actually, yes, it is. Gasoline as a liquid is actually not that flammable, so it would probably just extinguish the flame. Sorry, had to use your poor analogy against you.

Just to further this, a good friend of mine drives Gasoline tankers (trucks) and he is only worried when the thing is empty. There maybe 100 or so litres in the tanker after a drop off. Its the vapours that you must worry about more than the liquid itself.

my 3 yen.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
Sure it's not Uranus that's set to explode from trapped gas?

A Probe, Goatse 417, supposedly released all gases from Uranus many years ago.Goatse stretched a wide gap in a crucial relase point of Uranus. No chance of that happening anymore.

I think there are a few pics floating around about it somewhere on the net.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
I think there are a few pics floating around about it somewhere on the net.

Dude, there's no need for that! Unfortunately, I know exactly what your talking about

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I was just thinking, Jupiter already exploded. Well the whole planet did not explode but there were some big flumes shooting so high up that our telescopes easily detected them after the recent Shoemaker Levy rocks collided with Jupiter.

www2.jpl.nasa.gov...

I believe these impacts had a whole lot more energy than a simple hydrogen bomb has and if they didn't blow up Jupiter, I think we might be safe. Of course I might wonder if the hydrogen added to the blast energy.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join