It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteor, is this real?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Found this on YouTube:
www.youtube.com...

Just wondering if this is fake or real

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Its a commercial come one, how gullable do you get?

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 12:37 AM
link   
LOL that was a toyota (for some other truck) commercial. Ive seen it on TV before they had a whole string of ones where crazy stuff happens to the truck and it drives away unscaved. Theres another one where it rolls down a huge cliff and drives away like nothing happpened.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 12:39 AM
link   
In defense of Toadmund, that particular commercial may not have been seen in Canada. It was shown here in the U.S. for a couple months though.

It's a commercial for the Toyota Tacoma. It was done by method studios.
And it's my most favoritist commercial evah!

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
LOL that was a toyota (for some other truck) commercial. Ive seen it on TV before they had a whole string of ones where crazy stuff happens to the truck and it drives away unscaved. Theres another one where it rolls down a huge cliff and drives away like nothing happpened.

And there's this one, where all the stuff falls out of the sky onto a Toyota Tundra, then it just drives away.

Fun to watch!

[edit on 6-6-2006 by Xenophobe]

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 12:45 AM
link   
whoopsies, double post - sorry

[edit on 6-6-2006 by Xenophobe]

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by inspiringyouth

from my post above your brilliant reply:
>Just wondering if this is fake or real
<

Where did I claim it was a real one?
Now who's the dummy?
You don't inspire me.

And no, I did not see that commercial.

[edit on 6-6-2006 by Toadmund]

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I guess thats a testimony to the great effects method studios did for Toyota.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by inspiringyouth

I don't see why you would think people were gullible. In this day and age where people are taking videos everywhere they go and capturing amazing footage and posting it to the net, it shouldn't be so hard to believe that its possible someone will capture something just as wild. The video was released originally on the net without any corporate branding. It looked amazing and was very well done. Kinda like those Virally marketed European VW ads where the Hood of the VW smacks the hell out of a pigeon that tries to land on it....you gotta look at it a few times and wonder.."did they really swat the heck outta that pigeon!?"

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 01:45 AM
link   
To whom it applies, can we be a bit more considerate with responses? Toadmund had a simple question, and some insulting comments were made. What's the point? Special effects have come a long way. I didn't know either.

Troy

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I live in Canada and I've never seen that on TV, either. But man, is it cool!

Before reading the replies, I watched the video, and I thought it was fake because no one got hurt and because of the extreme improbability of having a camera right there when a massive meteor came down right in front of them.

Just out of curiosity, are there any similar videos that are real of meteors falling nearby like that?

new topics

top topics

join