It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My question on how illegal immigration is effecting politics.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Now we all know people here in America are finding this a serious situation(illegal immigration), from what i was reading online about 90% of America find it a serious problem, so my question is, how do you think this situation is going about with the republicans and how or if it is changing the way they are shaping up their campaigns?

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 10:44 PM
link   
The whole thing is a red herring. Both parties need this kinda thing now to hide their ineffectiveness in dealing with the real issues. With 90% of the population concerned and everyone distracted they can spend their time not worrying about changing their campaigns, they just have to agree to hate illegals.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 12:29 AM
link   
are you sure neither partys will try and use this as a chance to say "we will stop immigration" as a bold statement to get more votes for congress? as to stall for more time to get a quit fix on the rest of their campaign, im sure they have real issues that they address just yet can't fix until moved into office, but using this would give either or an upperhand

EDIT:mispelled words, caused my point of view to change completly
[edit on 7-6-2006 by SIOFundialed]

[edit on 7-6-2006 by SIOFundialed]

new topics

join