It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quotes That Make You Go Hmmm...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 09:52 PM
link   
After reading a few of the great quotes that are the signatures of so many ATS members, I thought it might be a good idea to start a thread devoted to quotes that make the hair on the back of your neck stand up. Quotes by people in positions of power that have led you to believe in conspiracies.

Quotes like:

"The real truth of the matter is, as you and I know, that a financial element in the large centres has owned the government ever since the days of Andrew Jackson" - Franklin D. Roosevelt, Letter to Col. Edward House (Nov. 23, 1933)

or:

"The real rulers of Washington are invisible, and exercise power from behind the scenes." - Felix Frankfurter, U.S. Supreme Court Justice

Much can be gleaned from quotes like these.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Some more quotes:

"The world is governed by very different personages from what is imagined by those who are not behind the scenes. - British Prime Minister, Benjamin Disraeli

"Some of the biggest men in the United States, in the field of commerce and manufacture, are afraid of somebody, are afraid of something. They know there is a power somewhere so organized, so subtle, so watchful, so interlocked, so complete, so pervasive that they had better not speak above their breath when they speak in condemnation of it." - President, Woodrow Wilson

"The real menace of our Republic is the invisible government which like a giant octopus sprawls it's slimy length over our city, state and nation.... At the head of this octopus are the Rockefeller-Standard Oil interests and a small group of powerful banking houses generally referred to as the international bankers [who] virtually run the U.S. government for their own selfish purposes." - Former New York Mayor, John F. Hylan

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 09:25 AM
link   
They are so accomplished at remaining invisible that your quotes seem to be invisible as well!!

The popular mode of coping with such overwhelming information is often to shoot the messenger.

Especially in a country where expletives and insults have replaced logical discourse to such a large degree.

May the biggest bastard win, what's left - he'll deserve.

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by clearwater
They are so accomplished at remaining invisible that your quotes seem to be invisible as well!!

LOL, yeah. It seems to be that way with the majority of threads I create.

I'm just glad someone has read this thread, thankyou clearwater!

You have inspired me to continue with this thread;

"It was not my intention to doubt that the doctrines of the Illuminati, and the principles of Jacobinism, had not spread to the United States. On the contrary, no one is more fully satisfied of this fact than I am." - President George Washington in an 1782 Letter

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Another:

"The Central Intelligence Agency owns everyone of any significance in the major media." - William Colby, former CIA Director

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   
And another:

"The business of the New York journalist is to destroy the truth, to lie outright, to pervert, to vilify, to fawn at the feet of Mammon, and to sell his race and his country for his daily bread." - John Swinton, CEO, New York Times, New York Press Club, April 12, 1953.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Yikes that John Swinton quote is ever so much truer now. With the power of editing firmly in the hands of the moguls.

Entrenched corporate fascism.

"Ralph Nader's a flake." - Whitley Strieber

Sounds like a political opinion to me.

new topics

top topics

join