It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is More Evil?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 09:26 PM
link   
The Creator of Evil? Or the Evil that it is manifested in?

I side with the former.

Why is there evil? Ask the Creator. We have as much choice as choosing our own brain cells.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Welp I know Satan is someone who I can trust, that's why I worship him! PRAISE SATAN!

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   
laiguana, convert to God. Any "short-term successes" obtained by worshiping Satan are a fraud performed by Satan himself. Only God sees Eternity.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   
What is evil? It's all just individual perspective.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   
It is not individual's "perspective"; it is God's "perspective". If God approves of an act, that act is considered good. If God does not approve of an act, that act is considered evil. This is expressed in the dichotomy of good and evil, whereby a complete and clear difference between God and Satan exists.

In human terms the difference between good and evil is frequently reflected in the law: church, criminal, civil, political, military, or other. However, this isn't always the case; the strongest nations have the highest form of law and attempt to incontrovertibly install God's Law.

If you pray frequently and long enough, you may be enlightened as to what God's Law is.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 03:17 PM
link   
It certainly is personal perspective. Remember not everyone believes in the same religion or holds the same belief systems that you do.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
The Creator of Evil? Or the Evil that it is manifested in?

What makes you think the two can be separated and judged apart?

Why is there evil? Ask the Creator. We have as much choice as choosing our own brain cells.

Choice about what?

Granted we do not choose our brain cells, but do you think that our brain cell configurations determine our behavior?

Have you ever studied quantum mechanics? Or Chaos theory? Do you understand that the behavior of the brain is an indeterminate system, incapable of being predicted with precision and accuracy? So that even if our actions do arise from our brain cells (which makes some sense), that still leaves those actions indeterminate, and hence free.

In other words, Einstein's disbelief notwithstanding, God plays dice with the universe.

In any case, God and the Devil are metaphors, and not discrete, objective entities. My take on your "which is more evil" question is that it is meaningless.

top topics

join