It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thoughts of the mind

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2002 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Try to think without thinking in a language you can speak. Right now.

You can't can you, so if a person never learns a language, how will they think. If we make a very complex language thats slow to speak will we think slower? If we make a simple language will we think faster?

Chew on that for a while.....

posted on Oct, 27 2002 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Sorry, i just realized that this has nothing to do with aliens.....

Well....to bad!

posted on Oct, 28 2002 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spiker951
Try to think without thinking in a language you can speak. Right now.

You can't can you, so if a person never learns a language, how will they think. If we make a very complex language thats slow to speak will we think slower? If we make a simple language will we think faster?

Chew on that for a while.....

B-B-BOLLOX!

"You can't can you" Yes i can!

It's called emotions, telepathy, and one don't need a language to translate it.

posted on Oct, 28 2002 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I agree with tyler even though you dont have words to make the thoughts in your head clearer, the emotion and the instict is still there.

posted on Oct, 28 2002 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ezekiel
I agree with tyler even though you dont have words to make the thoughts in your head clearer, the emotion and the instict is still there.

Precisely.

posted on Oct, 28 2002 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Yes, i agree with you now.

posted on Oct, 28 2002 @ 02:46 PM
link   
You don't have to think with words... Everyone thinks in images most of the time... When your daydreaming or visualizing for example, you're thinking in images...

posted on Oct, 28 2002 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ezekiel

Not to mention images as well. Before an infant can learn a spoken language, it's thoughts are portrayed in all of those other methods.

Even into adulthood, imagery is more prevalent...When you dream (not merely daydreaming, as Bandit mentioned), do you dream in words?...Or images?

posted on Nov, 7 2002 @ 03:01 PM
link   
same with a screenplay - which is a story told in pictures - however its written in words - if that helps

posted on Nov, 8 2002 @ 02:01 PM
link   
What does this have to do with UFOs and aliens????????????????????????????

posted on Nov, 13 2002 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Actually, "thinking with pictures" isn't possible for some people. MOST of the population are "visualizers", and can think with pictures. They get pictures while reading, etc.

A few of us weren't born with that ability -- including one noted science fiction artist (Frank Kelly Freas.) I asked him once about it, and he said he said that almost every artist he knew could look at a blank piece of paper and visualize something there -- but all he sees is a blank piece of paper. No visualizing.

So it's rare, but it does occur.

posted on Nov, 14 2002 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Everyone is born with that ability. I think he has severely 'squelched' it during his childhood. (just my opinion).

Maybe he can check out the book. "The Einstein Factor" by Win Wenger...

posted on Nov, 14 2002 @ 02:44 PM
link   
That is nice that people actually think about this kind of stuff, i thought i was the only one!!

But i do agree with everyone else...if another species dont physically talk to one another, they sure would have another way of communicating...some animals can even read eash others mind and feelings..so i think there will always be a way!
OrionSirius

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
mmmmmhmmm, hmmmmm,

or mmmmmmmm when something tastes good, everyone says that..

mmmm mmmm good.

so i guess without emotion, you could still hum as a human response.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I'm an artist, so it's quite natural for me to think in pictures. In fact it's sometimes very difficult to translate what I'm seeing/thinking into something that other people understand because I have to go into an incredible amount of detail in order to fully convey what I understand quite clearly. I wish I could just send a picture of what I see along with the emotion via telepathy. It would sure make communication easier!

top topics

join