It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lion eats Darwin Award winner Daniel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   
So, you want to prove God exists (or doesn't). Why not throw yourself to the lions? It worked for Daniel, the Bible says so.

"The man shouted 'God will save me, if he exists', lowered himself by a rope into the enclosure, took his shoes off and went up to the lions," a zoo official told Reuters news agency.

Source for stupidity

SHOWS:
(BN12) KIEV, UKRAINE (JUNE 4, 2006) (NOVI CHANNEL - NO ACCESS UKRAINE)
1. AMATEUR VIDEO OF LIONS ATTACKING MAN INSIDE OPEN AIR PART OF ENCLOSURE
AT KIEV ZOO

Original source (hopefully)

So Kiev is the place where miracles don't happen. Unless you count the fact that there was a camera there to record the scientific testing of the hypothesis as a miracle.

Okay, so it isn't exactly a conspiracy, but nowhere in my RE classes as a kid were we ever told that God found us so special that he would go out of his way just to save us.

It was that whole "God helps those who help themsleves" deal at my Sunday School. Like the joke the priest told on The West Wing.

"A man hears a warning on the radio of a flood and says "It's okay, I am a devout man, God will save me.

As the water rises a man comes by in a small boat and offers to rescue him. His reply is "I am a devout man, God will save me."

A little while later, as the flood waters reach towards the roof, a helicopter comes by and the SAR officer yells through his megaphone that they will lower a rope.
"There is no need," says the man. "I am a devout man, God will save me."

Shortly after, the rising floodwaters drown the man.

On his arrival in heaven, in a very pissed off mood, he demands an audience with God.

Before he can speak God asks "Why are you here? I sent a warning on the radio and a man in a little row boat and finally a helicopter. Why are you here?"

I wonder what this Ukrainian Azerbijani's mental health assessment would have said?

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I hope this proves to everybody once and for all that there is no God. If you didn't know it before, you certainly know it now. It's been tested and affirmed.

Now that's what I call Christian Science!

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Funny joke, and a rather funny news story, while a man being eaten is not funny, the fact that he thought gods hand would pick him up
what a way to go! Anyone hear the story last week about the guy who got tired of argueing with his wife while on a cruise, so he jumped overboard to drown instead?
crazy people.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 06:42 PM
link   
proves that guy was off his rocker lol!! He should've went for the whale trick.

"Looking back, the lion was a bad idea. That's why Dr. Shockla is gonna hook us up with a monkey. I'm gonna teach it taekwondo. "

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I can think of a few more religious people that should do the same.

**sips his Jimmy Jones kool-aid**

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
"Looking back, the lion was a bad idea. That's why Dr. Shockla is gonna hook us up with a monkey. I'm gonna teach it taekwondo. "

Along with the ancient arts of "Who Flung Poo" and "Dung Go Fly."

Black Belt Monkeys, not just for kicking a$$ anymore...

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   
This man was confused/deceived and I find nothing funny about his death. How this fits in this forum, or on ATS at all, is beyond me also.

Someone else had your/his same idea though:

howlrunnerIV
So, you want to prove God exists (or doesn't). Why not throw yourself to the lions? It worked for Daniel, the Bible says so.

Here's what I got:

Matt 4: 5-7
Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple,

And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in [their] hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.

Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.

... RIP and may God have mercy on his soul. FWIW Daniel isn't teaching us that it's cool for a believer to throw himself to the lions, 'cause we're so pure, therefore, He will "shut their mouths." If that's not the worst reason/way to die its gotta be close. Makes you wonder what other issues (drugs, dementia, etc.) are involved here.

(edit link)Matthew 4

[edit on 5-6-2006 by Rren]

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 01:55 AM
link   
It might not show us to throw religious fanatics to the lions, but it does show us that:

a) Religious people proove darwinism.

b) Alot of religious people dont even read the bible (Daniel obviouslydidnt.)

c) Theyre dumb.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by HowlrunnerIV
Source for stupidity

Didn't realise I'd screwed that up. Hopefully this is a little more user friendly...

join