It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nasa's ufo explanation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 05:26 PM
link   
has anyone seen this article before.
It may have been discussed on here before, but here it is just in case.

www.nasa.gov...

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Cool, find, and a solid explanation. When I first read it, I thought it was reaching since the angle of the boom was wrong. Then I remembered that tiny little factoid in space -- there is no up or down.

I'm surprised it took so long to confirm this and that there has been so little mention of this that I've seen on ATS before NASA cleared up what it was.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I read it a while back, and just kind of ran into it again. I couldn't remember seeing it on here. It's a very good explanation on NASA's part. I think that ufo can be laid to rest.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Thanks for that enthuziazm
I hadn't even seen that UFO image before.
Interesting that NASA would even take the time to analyze something like this. Kudos to the people involved in researching the footage and images to form a reasonable conclusion.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 11:47 PM
link   
i dont think thats real though, cause unless ts real close or far for the object, why would there be nothing in between it linking it to the craft

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by enthuziazm
I read it a while back, and just kind of ran into it again. I couldn't remember seeing it on here. It's a very good explanation on NASA's part. I think that ufo can be laid to rest.

Sure... Ufo mystery finally is resolved. No more kiss kiss and bang bang guys. Actually I suggest to the owners of the site to close this subforum since Ufo's don't represent anymore a mystery

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I said ufo not ufo's...i was referring to that one ufo.

thanks for the sarcasm though.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by enthuziazm

Great find and it makes sense, but also note the wording of their article.

UFOs aren't necessarily alien spacecraft. And some purported UFOs aren't UFOs at all.

Guess they are saying there are true reports tho

Pie

[edit on 6-6-2006 by ThePieMaN]

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 12:56 AM
link   
That still doesn't make sense. The object is looking head on right in the line of sight. The angle on the end of the flood light is NOT pointing towards the window, no matter your position.

Draw a line of sight in your mind from the tip of the flood light see if it could any way hit that window

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I want to see their explanation for the UFO seen on Apollo 11 that was shadowing the craft when they were outside earth orbit. They didnt want to say they saw a UFO over open channels decided to ask Houston how far away was the S-IVB. ...even though they knew it wasnt SIVB which was some 6000 miles away at the time.

Aldrin confirmed this story

www.alien-ufos.com...

Its never been positively identified or officially acknowledged to this day by NASA.

[edit on 6-6-2006 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 01:41 AM
link   
This artice is only explaining that one single piece of footage. There are numerous pieces of NASA ufo footage that hasn't been properly explained.
I just thought it was interesting that NASA had investigated and come up with a reasonable explanation for that one incident.

[edit on 6-6-2006 by enthuziazm]

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I hope this is the start of acknowledgement of other NASA UFO events.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I've seen that article already, and I thought how convenient it was for NASA to explain that little one away. Well it's obvious what it is in the first place. They think by explaining one anomaly that it will be enough to deter people from looking into the rest.

After all that footage from the transmissions they pick the easiest of the lot. Lame...on NASA's part.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   
It would definetly be nice to see some explanations like that for other ufo's found in their footage.

top topics

join