It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion...Scaring us to be good.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Im not a religious man so to me this is what i believe happened. I dont like the fact that GOD creats us then kills us and its all a test.

here it is:

Man is the only animals on earth that know we are going to die we just dont know when. We also need an answer to everything so we made God the "creater of life". And we also want a place to go when we die insted of darkness and sleeping for internity so we created heave and hell. Now our ancesters were hoping to create heaven that their childrens, children ect will grow up to be good people and get ride of all hate and also to add on the goodness part they added hell in the mix to scare us to be good or we get burned for all interinty. This makes alot of sence if you are not highly religious.

The bible was created my many people though out the years and the earlyest of the books of christ was the book of morman by one man i dont remeber his name because it is not importaint to me. Not only the fact the on one god controly everything that goes on other people like muhamid took this to the next level and created a differ path to "gods will" and also many things like Iovas (jahovas), chirstians, cathlic, and many more all run from the same real thing that the first religion grew old to people and was lost forever and the way we want it know has risin.

Our ancesters are looking down on what they created as hell they dont like what has become of what they created. the reason i know this because i know i would be pissed too.

Though out one thing that we needed to answer as man has lead to what we think is killing man.

God is man made he is a figment of our imagination that has grown to strong for any one to stop. It will live on for ever and as long as it does their will be killing to protect gods will and god himself

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Parasite
Im not a religious man so to me this is what i believe happened. I dont like the fact that GOD creats us then kills us and its all a test

Why not?

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 07:06 PM
link   
why not??? i dont undersand ur question

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 12:31 AM
link   

The bible was created my many people though out the years and the earlyest of the books of christ was the book of morman by one man i dont remeber his name because it is not importaint to me. Not only the fact the on one god controly everything that goes on other people like muhamid took this to the next level and created a differ path to "gods will" and also many things like Iovas (jahovas), chirstians, cathlic, and many more all run from the same real thing that the first religion grew old to people and was lost forever and the way we want it know has risin.

The book of Morman was written over 1600 years after the earliest surviving gospel? I think you should never let them inside your doorframe, kinda like vampires!

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 04:11 AM
link   
So you want to come here and base your "Man created God" theory in facts that ironically dont match ? Book of Mormons was published around 1830 so i dont know where ya got that "before the gospels" version. Before this you go all philosophical saying men is the only animal that knows it will die; ever seen National Geographic channel where animals run away from their predators in order to survive ? Its called instict and every animal on this planet has it - whoever created animals, designed them in a way where they actually give importance to their existence, to the point they run when they see the big guy with the big mouth open

What you want is a non-religious world utopia, where all evil disapears if we dont have religions. You are only seeing religion by the institution point of view, and thats viewing only one side of the coin; as you know there´s still one side missing

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 07:10 AM
link   

why not??? i dont undersand ur question

Why don't you like the 'fact that GOD creats us then kills us and its all a test'?

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 07:12 AM
link   
i know its easy to say, but how can any man understand what god wants, we have a limited mind. we are all built to be a certain way, and can only go so far in terms of understanding god.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Im not a religious man so to me this is what i believe happened. I dont like the fact that GOD creats us then kills us and its all a test.

here it is:

Man is the only animals on earth that know we are going to die we just dont know when. We also need an answer to everything so we made God the "creater of life". And we also want a place to go when we die insted of darkness and sleeping for internity so we created heave and hell. Now our ancesters were hoping to create heaven that their childrens, children ect will grow up to be good people and get ride of all hate and also to add on the goodness part they added hell in the mix to scare us to be good or we get burned for all interinty.

Why assume that the people that came up with religious thought weren't beleivers? It could work either way. Infact it seems more likely that people were concerned about themselves, rather than that their children would have a reason to be moral.

The bible was created my many people though out the years and the earlyest of the books of christ was the book of morman

?

The Book of Mormon is a recent invention.

and many more all run from the same real thing that the first religion grew old to people and was lost forever

The pagan religions seem to have been vibrant and active in the time that christianity was spreading, they don't seem to have been 'empty' religions that its followers had no use for.

Our ancesters are looking down on what they created

if they made up religion, then they're not looking down on anythign no?

Religious observances seem to be attempts to explain the world around man, rather than a cynical fabrication to force children to be 'moral'. Certainly, the early religious experiences weren't especially moral, at least in teh eyes of the modern religious ethics. So it doesn't seem like the intent was to create an ethical system. Rather, there was a perception that there were forces out in the world, and they have to be placated.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Actually, believe what you will about certain religions, but religion and spirituality are not in fact all scaring us to be good.

Many religious and spiritual philosophies, such as Buddhism or Taoism, are not arranged like this.

As a Catholic (that believes in many Buddhist philosophies), the belief in a "life force" that connects everything is quite appealing, and in no way "scares you to be good".

Faith is what you make it, my man.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 10:35 PM
link   
The old Testament book of Genesis explains the concept - at least the concept endorsed by the 'People of the Book' - of the fall of Man. For those who forgot their Sunday School, a precis...

God created all things, and wanted to share it. He created Man in His image (not neccesarily literally, but with the gift of Free Will). Man made a bad choice by choosing to disobey God. This turning away from God brought mortality into the world. For this, Christ would be required to suffer the Passion to redeem mankind. The God of the Old Testament was a strict God, no question about it. But as a parent may punish a beloved child in order to correct their behavior or prepare them for their life's work, God places trials in our path to give us the opportunity to make right choices.

Why does He allow suffering? Unfortunately, that's part of Original Sin. The fruit of knowledge also included knowledge of pain and death. God does give us the strength to endure if we accept His gift. The Passion served not only as the price of redemption but as an example of the power of faith even in extremis.

As a historian, I have read a lot of 'Fire and Brimstone' theology. The road to Hell is paved with the skulls of babies kind of stuff. I have no idea why such incredibly angry theology flourished and continues to do so. Pope Benedict's 'God is Love' is a work I would recommend to the Parasite and other interested readers. Religion has certainly had its dark moments. There is indeed great suffering in the world. It is very hard to see why God won't just 'fix everything'. We have free will, my friends. Heaven and Hell is what we make of it. Suffering is part of the human condition.

Personally, I have found that my faith has given me the ability to face adversity much more easily than I did when I had strayed from my faith. My belief that there is a God who loves me and will take some of my burden has made some very painful experiences more tolerable. And the support of members of my parish was also a gift. Parasite - look around. There are a lot of very good churches out there. There are a lot of ministers, priests, imans, rabbis, and others who can discuss this with you at length.

Man does not make God. God is God. Man can - and does - misconstrue God's plans for us. Man is imperfect, after all. This is the essence of faith. Understanding that there is a God. That He is perfect. That despite His perfection, He loves us all. Loves us enough to give us the gift to turn away from Him. Patiently waits for us to choose Him once again. This is a hard thing to understand. It's a hard thing to accept. It's very hard to practice. It's our choice.

A ducat to the person who can tell me the source for this paraphrased quote - I cannot bring the author to mind, I am sorry to say...

"IF there is no God, there should be."

Thanks and Bless you all, each and every one....

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 11:27 PM
link   
thats not the face they know they are going to die is its instinct...its not the fact that they know they are going to die its the fact that they are not much fear of death as we are like animals they dont need the reason why but for some stupid fact humans need the answer to everything

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 02:24 AM
link   
To me the Bible is crock of crap that it written to set up Israel as the capital of the world.
The Babylonian captured a tribe of Judaens for a couple of generations. From that point they indoctrinated them with a man made history and religion.
Let them go to Jerusalem, Cyrus builds them a temple gives them the sanhedren to watch over the Babylonian/Jewish religion and away we go.
Plus the OT was written in Greek and also the Cabbalah was written during the Babyloin captivity.
Israel is just another WTC building 7 control centre for world warIII.

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeBDeviL
Actually, believe what you will about certain religions, but religion and spirituality are not in fact all scaring us to be good.

Many religious and spiritual philosophies, such as Buddhism or Taoism, are not arranged like this.

As a Catholic (that believes in many Buddhist philosophies), the belief in a "life force" that connects everything is quite appealing, and in no way "scares you to be good".

Faith is what you make it, my man.

Excellent post ! how many people would agree with you ? not many...at least not the diehard fanatics of whatever religion they follow.

Faith is what you make it. But at the same time, we are sort of limited in free will. I believe in parallel universes. Each decision made affects the quantum field. Now we have 2 destinies. We either follow the path to heaven. Or the path to hell.

Based on our decisions, faith is what you make it. When we are faced with a choice, we have many options...but all those options are filtered down to 2. Either yes or no. Go or stay....etc. Im still a student in learning of destiny. I will never know . But if you dont believe in more than one destiny, then you dont believe in free will.

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 08:48 PM
link   

thats not the face they know they are going to die is its instinct...its not the fact that they know they are going to die its the fact that they are not much fear of death as we are like animals they dont need the reason why but for some stupid fact humans need the answer to everything

Of course we need the answer to everything. How will intelligence grow. Some things in the bible are very hardcore. Some things are outright creepy, and dark. Fear of God's wrath. Fear God...you better, it's how people become saved.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by the parasite
Religion...Scaring us to be good.

So why tell us? If anyone here is God, I'd like to see that one. Some claim to be God, but if challenged can't do anything godlike except make those wild claims.

God does what He does, and has done, and will do and that is whatever is fitting for His purpose and according to His character. Whatever you or any other human thinks of what He does is really immaterial in the face of His power, don't you think?

By the way, tell me one human God has killed, if you can.

edited to correct italics

[edit on 4-7-2006 by curiousity]

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 12:54 AM
link   
God kills humans everyday. I believe God is both dark and light so if satan is half of God , then it kills people everyday. IF a person commits suicide, that means god killed him. The dark side of course.

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by Curiousity
By the way, tell me one human God has killed, if you can.

Originally posted by StreetCorner Philosopher
God kills humans everyday. I believe God is both dark and light so if satan is half of God , then it kills people everyday. IF a person commits suicide, that means god killed him. The dark side of course.

Like I said, oh disinformation poster, name one person God has killed.

I know you can't because He is not in the killing but in the giving of life business.

Disease kills people who don't know Ps 91 and have the faith to stand on it. Natural disasters kill people, unless there are those who pray for the ones in the way of the disasters. Cars kill people, machines and guns kill people but cars, machines and guns are not robots, they are manned, get it?, "manned". Wars kill people.

Man kills man.

As for the rest of your ridiculous premise, satan is not 1/2 OF GOD, he is not even a 1/1000th of God, he is a fallen angel, removed from his place for the same kind of pride that makes a man rise up and say there is no God but me. And FYI, suicides are by DEFINITION man killers.

Philosophers are probably responsible for more occupancies in hell than even wars.

More FYI, if you're going to respond to something posted by others, quote it.

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by curiousity
Like I said, oh disinformation poster, name one person God has killed.

I know you can't because He is not in the killing but in the giving of life business.

And Judah took a wife for Er his firstborn, whose name was Tamar. And Er, Judah's firstborn, was wicked in the sight of the LORD; and the LORD slew him.
(Genesis 38:6-7)

And it came to pass, when Pharaoh would hardly let us go, that the LORD slew all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both the firstborn of man, and the firstborn of beast: therefore I sacrifice to the LORD all that openeth the matrix, being males; but all the firstborn of my children I redeem.
(Exodus 13:15)

And when they came to Nachon's threshingfloor, Uzzah put forth his hand to the ark of God, and took hold of it; for the oxen shook it. And the anger of the LORD was kindled against Uzzah; and God smote him there for his error; and there he died by the ark of God.
(2 Samuel 6:6-7)

Also--
Nadab and Abihu, who offered strange fire before the LORD--Leviticus 10:1-2
and
David and Bathsheba's firstborn--2 Samuel 12:14-19. (Too long to post)

Man kills man.

No doubt--but who created man? And nature, and all the things that kill us?

As for the rest of your ridiculous premise, satan is not 1/2 OF GOD, he is not even a 1/1000th of God, he is a fallen angel, removed from his place for the same kind of pride that makes a man rise up and say there is no God but me.

That fallen angel is the 'one sheep that was lost' out of the 99! It was for that angel that Yehoshua died! And the world benefited from that rebellion, in the long run.

'All things work for the good of those that love Him.' The one who was cast out loves God just as much as the others--it wasn't hate that made Him rebel, but jealousy--envy. Just like Cain...

Remember the story of the prodigal son? That's about the fallen one!

And FYI, suicides are by DEFINITION man killers.

So were David, Moses, Abraham, Joshua, etc...
Does it not say all sins will be forgiven? And all blasphemies, except from that of the Holy Spirit (truth)?

Philosophers are probably responsible for more occupancies in hell than even wars.

Making comments like that--it's a good thing that all sins and blasphemies are forgiven!

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I hate religion i think its a tool to justify wars.

I m a citizen of the earth, the earth is my "religion". Theres no such thing as god or gods, ufortunatly, at least its what i think.
I like to think about a quote in the bible thats makes me laugh. "And god create men at his image." Yeah rite so we are the center of the universe.

The truth wont make you happier or smarter.
its a good thing to have faith but i realy think most of theological stuff are here to teach love mostly, not the creation.

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   
From "The Parasite"?????

Oh the irony!

Do you really want answers or do you already have a set view and just want to take on anyone who takes the bait?

I personally do not know anyone who is practicing a faith because they are being scared to be good. Such things exist I supppose, but I don't see it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join