It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

liberal / far left marksman?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Any other liberal / far left marksmen out there? I grew up back east where guns were pretty much non-existant except for the police. I never even thought about owning a gun until I had been living in CA for many years and had gotten used to seeing guns and ammo for sale in every "sporting goods" store and even in department stores like Sears, Kmart, Wal-mart, etc. (yes, I know that some of the big dept. stores have since changed their policies in CA). Anyway, at the advanced age of 40-something, I decided that us lefties shouldn't be completely defenseless if/when the survivalist/militia wackos decide that its Armageddon time. So I bought a rifle and went to the local rifle range every week for over one year. By that point I was getting pretty good and decided to purchase two other rifles (still no handguns). At this point I'm now good enough that I'm attending some advanced training classes ("Precision Rifle", "Tactical Carbine", etc.) normally taken by law enforcement types.

Just curious if there are any other lefty marksmen out there or if I'm a true "Army of One" (to borrow the US Army's marketing slogan)?

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by subway
Any other liberal / far left marksmen out there? I grew up back east where guns were pretty much non-existant except for the police.

What state in the East do you use to live in? With the exception of states like Mass. guns laws are alot less restrictive out East then in CA.

Anyway im a marksmen but not a lefty. Though I know a few people at the range I would consider liberal on just about every issue except gun control.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   
What state in the East do you use to live in? With the exception of states like Mass. guns laws are alot less restrictive out East then in CA.

How about NYC and then Boston? I never ONCE saw a gun for sale in a store in either of my two home towns. California has this bad rap that it might deserve, but it still seemed like a gun nuts dream coming from Manhattan / Beacon Hill.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Does being a Far left winger, CS:S AWP whore count?

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by subway

How about NYC and then Boston? I never ONCE saw a gun for sale in a store in either of my two home towns. California has this bad rap that it might deserve, but it still seemed like a gun nuts dream coming from Manhattan / Beacon Hill.

Ah NYC that is about as restrictive as it gets in the US. Upstate NY though is really alot more free then most states. when it comes to gun control

new topics

top topics

join