It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why cant we.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Okay this has been getting on my nerves all of this that alians or some high tech thing build the pyramids.

"Why cant we" jump to the fact that man did make thought extremly large structures.

Yea it seems like a hard thing to believe but with the tools anything is posible.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Humans did build the pyramids. Yeah it wouldnt have been easy given the tools and limited resources available at the time. But since when has humanity been afraid of a challenge, especially when youve got an army of slaves at your disposal and a religous agenda to accomplish. Kind of resonates with our present political climate when you think about it.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   
it doesn't just take tools

it takes, grit, moxy, a LOT of cheap labor, and the belief that you are building a structure for a living god.

humans in ancient egypt had all of those, with an abundance of grit from the sands.

i believe that highly motivated, incredibly innovative, and above all a lot of people getting paid in beer and bread built the pyramids.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I've seen several documentaries on the subject of building the Egyptian pyramids, and I'm 100% convinced that humans could have built them, given the time and resources. The one part that I've never seen a decent explanation for is how they managed to build Giza in only 20 years. A show I saw just a few nights ago (I think it was on Discovery) said that for them to build it in that time, they had to set in place one of those massive umpteen-ton blocks every minute or something crazy like that. Egyptologists and engineers have proven that using the tools they had at the time, the blocks can be moved and lifted and all that, but to do it that fast? That's pretty amazing. I still don't think aliens did it, but I sure as heck can't explain how they did it, unless they had the entire country working on it.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   
what amazes me isn not that the labor its the time....two days after becoming pharo (i cant speel it) he must start work on his tomb...that would freak me out just a bit..."you are now pharo, now u must begin with the building of ur towb when you die" it like wrighting your last will intestament.

bue yea not all the poeple building it was slaves the acutal majoridy was town men because the pharo granted them food and water if they build it and it was like giving the pharo respect.

top topics

join