It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rapture????

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Does anyone believe in the rapture, and if so, any suggestions for a time frame?
Here is a link with alot about the rapture
home.pe.net...

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 11:12 AM
link   
My girlfriend believes in the rapture, and believes that it will be happening soon, as she and other christians in my area have been seeing "signs" of it happening. If you'd like, I can try to get some specifics out of her and post them tomorrow.

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 11:52 AM
link   
if this will happen i will fight as long as possible to open the eyes of men, yet i would definately look forward to that day...

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I'm catholic and I know that the Rapture is a Protestant belief but, I do believe in it. I believe when the earth is reaching a breaking point in wars and what not a select few will be taken. Not everyone will die in the final Great War. What survivors are left will repopulate at their own areas. And God will bring down New Jerusalem and the people that were saved in the rapture will repopulate it.

What do you think?

Nightwalker

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 04:20 PM
link   
The rapture can only be stopped if YOU send me lots of money so I can use it buy the resources needed to stop it.

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 04:42 PM
link   
It's a movie, with Mimi Rogers.

www.poptwist.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I don't believe in it, however from what I know of religion, whichi is quite alot..... there is no way of knowing as the bible says it will come like a thief in the night. No point in trying to predict it, as it claims that is impossible.

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Yeah, you can't know exactly when its going to happen, but you can know when its around the corner. I personally believe it will definitely be in my generation.
Also I believe in a mid-trib rapture, thats a rapture in the middle of all that stuff happening in revelations. Christians will go through Satan's wrath, but God will take them off the earth before God lays waste with His crazy wrath.
Another important apsect of mid-trib rapture is that the rapture won't occur until faithfull Christians know who the Anti-christ is.
I don't know why people think Christianity is so lame, there's some pretty crazy stuff going to happen. I mean alot of it already has with the persecution of the Jews, Israel becoming a country again in 1948, the six day war for Jerusalem, the Jews returnting to there home land. Bible said it would happen and it did.

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 06:42 PM
link   
i cant believe this thread exists

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Um...thoth? What was that supposed to mean? (lol?)

-wD

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I really dont believe in prophecies much, if you really belive something is going to happen, anything vaugely close to that prediction will be depicted as the prophecy.
Deep

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Satyr
It's a movie, with Mimi Rogers.

www.poptwist.com...

I actually saw that movie a while ago. Pretty interesting.

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I have written about the rapture here.if anyone wants to read..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 10:22 AM
link   
MARANTHA!!...which means...come now Lord...in a twinkle of an eye He/Jesus will come again...be prepared.

[Edited on 24-10-2003 by xenongod]

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I am a believer. When, no one knows except GOD.
Are we close, yes, I think that we are. When I was a kid, my aunt, who was a christian all of her life, used to talk about the mark of the beast and other signs of the rapture coming. She actually used to talk about how we would some day be able to shop from our homes without leaving it... this was before the days of Home Shopping Network...

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Hmm...if one truly believes in that book, if I remember correctly...only something like 144,000 virgin males who are descended from the 12 tribes of Isreal, are invited to the party...

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Gazrok, the 144,000 are not the ones raptured. These are Jews who finally achknowledge there Messiah afterwards. There's more to it but I havn't really looked into it, but I know they play a different role. The one who gets raptured is the Bride of Christ, the church(faithful believers).

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 05:43 AM
link   
When the rapture comes, can I have your car?

Seriously, A friend of mine is so completely convinced that this is the time that he has re-written his will to include such an event. He sites several prophecies, and even to this non-believer, it is quite a coincidence if nothing else.

Peace,
BG

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Sounds like a mass, voluntary alien abduction to me.

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a bit of disinformation on your part there dany...
i mean aliens where are they other than the propaganda wars used to justify satanism?...
get real, you imiginary being...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join