It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Greatest Street Racing Footage EVER !!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 08:47 AM
link   

August morning, 1978 - French filmmaker Claude Lelouch mounted a then-newfangled gyro-stabilized camera to the front bumper of a Ferrari 275 GTB and had a friend (a professional Formula 1 racer), drive at breakneck speed through the heart of Paris. The film was limited for technical reasons to 10 minutes; the course was from Porte Dauphine, through the Louvre, to the Basilica of Sacre Coeur.

The driver completed the course in about 9 minutes, reaching nearly 140 MPH in some stretches. The footage reveals him running real red lights, nearly hitting pedestrians, and driving the wrong way up one-way streets.

Upon showing the film in public for the first time, Lelouch was arrested. He has never revealed the identity of the driver, and the film went underground until it was released to DVD few years ago.

For many years it has been enjoyed as an almost Masonic secret among car enthusiasts. Whisper the words "Have you seen Rendezvous?" and you'll receive either a knowing, "No, but I've heard it's unbelievable" or a smug, "It is un-be-lieve-able."

Subsequently the film went underground - occasionally shown in front of a Lelouch full-length feature on theatrical release. Outside of this, only poor quality pirate copies on VHS or a badly worn print were available. These would be played at car club meetings and slowly the film attained its mythical status with the arrival of the internet helping to spread the word.

What we do know is that there are no special effects or speeding up the film - Lelouch simply mounted the camera on the front of the car and shot it.

www.dissonant.org... (35MB)

[edit on 5-6-2006 by mad scientist]

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Did you watch it? What do you think? I am not sure I want to take the time to Down load it just on the snippet that came with the show.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Impressive for the time.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
Did you watch it? What do you think? I am not sure I want to take the time to Down load it just on the snippet that came with the show.

It's worth it, trust me.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 09:30 AM
link   
AWESOME FIND!!

HERES ANOTHER LINK

video.google.com...

THE SOUND OF THAT FERRARI IS FREAKING AWESOME!!!!!

top topics

join