It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does The Government Control The Media???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 05:32 AM
link   
given the recent lack of information on the rayburn building incident and the capitol hill lockdown the question of media sensorship has come to mind and to what extent the government plays in the media's apparent lack of true investigative journalism, or outright media control by the government. i enter exhibit-A an interview with connie chung with some enlightening candor:

www.geocities.com...

this will be an on going exploration of this subject and will post more proof later

www.libertytothecaptives.net...

[edit on 5-6-2006 by the_sentinal]

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I think it's more the other way around, you know?

The Media CONTROLS the Goverment.

Or better yet - replace the Word "Media" with CORPORATION.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 05:47 AM
link   
i might buy that except for connie chung's remark in the interveiw....check it out

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 06:04 AM
link   
my take on Ms. Chung's words, she was refering to the FCC licensing & oversight.

nothing more sinister or concealed than that.
Connie was perhaps lashing out at the Gov'ts ability to Levy A Fine on a broadcaster for 'making waves' or ranting too loudly against the Official version of the news,
......at least thats what i read into what she said in 1996.

[edit on 5-6-2006 by St Udio]

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 06:12 AM
link   
sentinal
You are on to something, I've been up for a while so pardon my poor memory.
I just saw something about the media using Gov. produced news clips.
One of the most outragous examples has to be the embedded reporters during the war. Another example would have to AG Gonzalas(sp) threat to prosecute reporters reporting the Gov. illegal acts.
Keep digging sentinal your on the ball
If I can remember were I saw the thing about the clips I'll repost
peace

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 07:57 AM
link   
someone has to uncover this web of government deception so that the blinders we've been living with will be taken off, connie chung's slip on government control wasnt for fcc licensing and oversite in my opinion, she lost her job for it and was black-balled for two years as punishment for her mistake.....

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 08:14 AM
link   
he's another link for a wider view of the problem

www.sourcewatch.org...

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
the goverment control the media all ways. if you watch one of alex jones documentaries you see what I mean

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
course they do.
9/11 is the perfect example:
www.blip.tv...

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I just made another post in another thread where I said that I do think they're intertwined. I don't know which one controls which at this point but it seems pretty clear the media does little more than confuse, control and misinform.

I know people who are completely oblivious to it and they are utterly unreachable no matter how you try to inform them. It's quite unsettling. Many are in denial, I'm sure. Whether it's conscious or unconscious denial, I'm not sure of.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I think the media is complicit with the government and won't expose certain evils.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
This is a paradoxical conundral dilemma like "who made who" or "what came first"... it has been a dichotomy not readily distinguishable, if you ask the one it is always the other which is to be held to account, and if you ask both it is 'the people' but if you ask the people it is either one or the other or both that's responsible!
Are they in cahoots or is it all happenstance? It may be that many groups of 'secret societies with hidden agendas' have made the complex of 'strange bedfellows' whose productions we "see", but as for accountability each defaults to yet 'others' and everyone else for the zeitgeist that's just extant and is so difficult to get to reconsider!
Because both Media and Government are products of specialized parts of society it is impossible for 'it which becomes us' to be without some bias, and usually what some are for others are against and it is rare that we unite to agree completely upon any one particular view.
It would be resolving if more portrayal of 'just the facts' would occur -with strictly defined terms, rather than the slant of selected statistics using interchangeable wording!

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Of course the government doesnt control the media. The reptilians control the media. Destroy the mole men harboring the reptilians and we can be free once again!! Problem solved

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I believe the Illuminati owns and controls the media. They also own the US government.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Well think of it this way. I believe it is like a marriage. One makes the other happy and vice versa. if one gets angry, then expect a retaliation. If things get really hairy, then expect a divorce. Media can do some severe damage to the government and the government can do some severe damage to the media.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
William Colby, former CIA director allegedly said, "Every significant member of the mainstream media is owned by the CIA."

Eustace Mullins, and virtually every other conspiracy researcher, believes the Rothschild-led central bankers own and/or control all of the mainstream media as well as some 165 governments around the world.

As most of us have always heard, "He who has the gold, rules." And, since the central bankers have virtually all of the gold, they rule.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
You need a new government its within your consistution. Big Business runs america every since death of Kenndy. Never been quite right there after!

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Why, yes, yes they do, and if you think one media group is above the other you are wrong, they play good cop bad cop to keep us confused.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragnet53
Well think of it this way. I believe it is like a marriage. One makes the other happy and vice versa. if one gets angry, then expect a retaliation. If things get really hairy, then expect a divorce. Media can do some severe damage to the government and the government can do some severe damage to the media.

pretty much
remember, virtually everyone in the media went to ELU (Eastern Liberal University, which has branches nationwide) with the politicians; they all received the same indoctrination; they share the same beliefs, values and world view. it's not so much the gummint 'controlling' the media as being partners.
somebody on Fox had a list of stories (Van Jones, New Black Panthers) they had covered that no one in the MSM had touched.
if they shut down Fox we'll really be a misinformed nation of sheeple.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
The corporations have sway in what the media airs, and the international bankers have sway in how the major corporations are operated.

The government has sway in what the media airs, and the international bankers have sway in how government is operated.

.. so the ruling class controls the media, from more than one proxy.

reply to post by bwinwright

Wow! A former CIA-chief who was entirely honest! It seems he was whacked, according to this article.

Who murdered the CIA chief?

[edit on 1-8-2010 by unityemissions]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join