It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Bar Association Investigates Bush

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Bar group will review Bush's legal challenges

The board of governors of the American Bar Association voted unanimously yesterday to investigate whether President Bush has exceeded his constitutional authority in reserving the right to ignore more than 750 laws that have been enacted since he took office.

Meeting in New Orleans, the board of governors for the world's largest association of legal professionals approved the creation of an all-star legal panel with a number of members from both political parties.

They include a former federal appeals court chief judge, a former FBI director, and several prominent scholars -- to evaluate Bush's assertions that he has the power to ignore laws that conflict with his interpretation of the Constitution.

More...

I guess Bush should have stopped at 749... The ABA might have not noticed then....

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 11:01 PM
link   
good, its about freakin time. i cant believe the # that they are getting away with down there.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 11:01 PM
link   
What happens if they think he has gone too far?

Does he get a pointy dunce cap and sit in the corner?

By the time their investigation is complete, he will be out of office and untouchable.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sparkie the Wondersnail
...untouchable...

That appears to be true now.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Yea I think I read something about this on Pat Fitzgerald Blog, it's just another chapter.

I'm not American so I could be wrong about this, but am I wrong in thinking that Bush is untouchable now as President, But once his term is over he can be prosecuted for what ever laws that had been broken, hypothetically speaking.

[edit on 4/6/2006 by Sauron]

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Sauron,m I could be really wrong here, but if Bush isn't an attorney, what good would it do for the ABA to investigate? I don't think they have any leverage over non-attorneys.

Do they

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Only Congress can do anything about any President. This is a just another game of politics. The Dem's think it will help them or this would not be happening. Where is the list of the 750 laws he ignored. Anyone got a copy????? It will be held in secret and I doubt we will ever see anything but a phony report that no one cares about. This group does not answer to voters and they have no reason other than politics to do this. As the elections grow closer we will see many more of these things going on. Its to divert our attention so we will vote with our emotions instead of our heads. The sad thing is that it will work. Make a Republican out to be a Boogy Man and get another Democrat into office. Either way we loose once again. Either the Left screws us or the Right screws us.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Bush has yet to use his veto.(Maybe once, but I'm pretty sure it's still 0) Instead, what he is doing is making a Presidential Signing Statement for each law that comes his way and saying that he will interpret the laws how he sees fit. Therefore, he is breaking the law.

Which include "Among the laws Bush said he can ignore are military rules and regulations, affirmative-action provisions, requirements that Congress be told about immigration services problems, ''whistle-blower" protections for nuclear regulatory officials, and safeguards against political interference in federally funded research."

taken from here

A good example would be the McCain Amendment that banned torture. Bush publicly denounced it until it became clear to him it was going to pass anyways. He publicly did an about face on the issue, while privately and barely mentioned in the mainstream press, he made a PSS saying that he would interpret the law as the Constitution allows (paraphrasing)

Do a google search, I'm too tired right now to look for it for you.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I won't be surprised if they say Bush is an unquestionably good president. We are under fifth-column propaganda bombardment from all sides. That is why the Supreme Court elected Bush in 2000 and stopped proper verification of the balloting for propaganda magazines and periodicals to then report Bush would have won anyway. The so-called "Conspiracy Theorists" are not afraid of verification.

The Supreme Court saw Bush foul up in starting an illegal war for WMDs after so many people told him not to go through with it. The Supreme Court saw the issue against WAFFLING, where Bush said a good Commander-in-Chief "must not waver." But then the treason Republicans proved they entered into voter fraud when Sam Alito was being nominated for the Supreme Court, and Repubs without blush told us that Sam Alito cannot promise that he won't sell the farm to the President who failed to protect us at 911 and who fouled up without precedent many times, BECAUSE HE MAY SEE THINGS IN THE FUTURE THAT MAY FORCE HIM TO CHANGE HIS MIND! All of this shows even the concepts against waffling that was blown up in every Bush election was a form of election fraud. The most anti-waffling people in the world are ruthless dictators and super-criminals like the Communists, the Nazis and the Inquisitors of Rome.

When you have a wave of liars who then can't sleep when anyone believes there is a conspiracy, I say to those who wish to save their lives, that they better know there is one and they better make emergency preparation for the most astounding criminal acts that are about to take place.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Greatest President of the 21st century. Seriously, does anyone really believe Bush goes to anything but a normal retirement? Civil war and a collapse of the military if the tin foil brigades get close to impeachment.

I know, you think he'll suspend elections and declare dictatorship.

Courage.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 10:11 PM
link   
This would be like the "American Medical Association" investigating Bush.

Meh!!!

top topics

join