It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Members Of ATS, I Ask For Your Opinion On This Picture.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Has it ever occured to you that the feet are not consistent with every character in the painting? It seems only Jesus in the picture has feet that match... the others seem out of order. Can someone with photoshop please help out and find out the correct order?

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xenophobe
In terms of artistic composition, that does fit together rather nicely.

Do you think any of the other figures can be re-arranged like that?

[edit on 6-6-2006 by Xenophobe]

Indeed, but the question about jesus and marie fitting that nicely together is Coincidence or no? It would be good to see what someone with photoshop could do withthe feet too, if they are inconsistant that is.

Omega

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Omega85
Greetings all, i took the image to paintbrush did a custom cutout of mary and movied her to the side a little and this is what it made, interesting i think.

Hmmm, what do u all think? it seems she perfectly sits there, i didnt use any sort of photoshop tools to do it just cutout from paintbrush. Interesting though.

Wasn't this shown in the movie Davinci's Code? You should see the restored painting instead, theres a pretty obvious chalice/grail in the pillars.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 06:07 AM
link   
For those of you who have read the Da Vinci code, you will have probably looked at the web site as well. Although I too have read the book and it is interesting but Dan Brown, on his Last Supper page comments on the mysterious knife.

Now this is by no way mysterious because if you look at the high res picture on the milan arounder web site, you can clearly see that Peter is holding the knife pointing away (safely) from the person next to him - that being Judas.

high resolution image

What does puzzle me though is that that all of the disciples are reacting in some way or another to what Jesus has announced, except John/Mary (on his right-hand side which is the general discussion), who seems to be quite calm/relaxed, if you notice the hands. Also it does look like Peter could be saying something to John/Mary.

This to me would suggest that John/Mary had a prior knowledge as to what Jesus was going to say, as this person is clearly not affected or shocked by the news.

But who will ever know. A painting by an artist or the Bible written by men.

[edit on 6-6-2006 by aob982]

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Greetings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you said it,
a bible written by a man, nothin more and nothin less.
just a man.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Greetings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you said it,
a bible written by a man, nothin more and nothin less.
just a man.

Actually several men and maybe even a few women. It's absurd to think that one guy wrote the entire Bible or even just the new testament.

Again, I must ask, if Da Vinci knew so much then why was he so wrong?

Here's a better question than the whole stupid Da Vinci code. What happened to the Templar treasure? Will some day a French or Spanish farmer decide to move a rock and farm there for the first time and find a cave full of Gold, jewels and artifacts? I don't buy into the belief that it was moved to the UK or that they were broke by then or they formed the masons with it. They were caught completely by surprise by Phillipe. Those knights took the secret to their death. There's a treasure somewhere in Europe or maybe even in Canadiene America like none that's ever been found before. That I'm sure of.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Greetings,
ok i agree with you that it wasnt written by one man, though i would not argue that it was written by a group of men about one man , just a norman man to be exact.
I dont think jesus went arround performing miricles i think he was just a normal mortal man for if he wasnt , why and how could he have died???

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Greetings , i hope you are all well,
I read in an earlier post here about a knife, and i have found it and posted it here.

Now, I find it interesting thatthe people on the recieving end of the knife seem to be shiing away from it. Could they have a reason to be shying away from it? there are in the presence of christ after all.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Greetings,
ok i agree with you that it wasnt written by one man, though i would not argue that it was written by a group of men about one man , just a norman man to be exact.
I dont think jesus went arround performing miricles i think he was just a normal mortal man for if he wasnt , why and how could he have died???

That's a new one, Jesus was a norman? I may be wrong in undrestanding what you're saying but a Norman??? If so then I appologize. Do you have any understanding of the ancient world?

I'm not a christian by the way but he wasn't a Norman. He was a JEW. A Rabbi. The difference between magic and miracles lies within the witness.

There's no question that he was crucified, Roman and jewish historians recorded it. The question is did he rise again? That's where faith comes in for Christians. For you and I, he died but for Christians he rose again. The temple was rebuilt in three days.

Before you posted this thread, you should've done some research on your own because you're looking very ignorant. I hope you didn't mean Norman, well what am I saying being all nice? That's just stupid. Jesus a Norman?

Your average European was a monkey before Rome.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 10:22 PM
link   
LOL ok my mistake and i apologise.
what i meant to say was that he was a NORMAL man

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by notbuynit

Before you posted this thread, you should've done some research on your own because you're looking very ignorant. I hope you didn't mean Norman, well what am I saying being all nice? That's just stupid. Jesus a Norman?

Excuse me but i did some research, and as i have pointed out it was a typo so u have no rite to partake in blind namecalling. thank you

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 09:25 AM
link   
look directly behind the knife. First the blade (the cutting edge) is turned to the rear.
Next who is the 14th person? directly behind the knife appears to be a headless
body with corresponding feet under the table. In the first picture in this thread
the body appears to have a whitish/ light colored tunic with an equal armed cross on it

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 10:54 AM
link   
What a great question!!
I never noticed it b4, i will look into it though
nice find mate.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Here is what Leonardo's own notes say about the knife.

www.sacred-texts.com...

[9] Another speaks into his neighbour's ear and he, as he listens to him, turns towards him to lend an ear [10], while he holds a knife in one hand, and in the other the loaf half cut through by the knife.

[edit on 6/8/06 by makeitso]

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   
For the sake of reading into the painting, many thanks to aob982 thanks for posting the link to the so we can zoom in for ourselves

Take a zoom in of Peter's hand reaching towards John/Mary. It looks like there is something on it.

No chalice or cup? Zoom in, glass or plastic cups(
)? Does it not look to be wine? It does have a red tinge to it.

Jesus and Andrew seem to be reaching towards each others hands, or towards the cup placed right in front of John/Mary.

Lots of hand action going on.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 11:51 PM
link   
This kind of detailed examination of the painting will not show everything/anything that Davinci put there. It has been cleaned at least 2-3 times in the past 100 years, and was repainted just after WW2. The details that you show cannot easily be seen in the reference pages of the repainting (they worked off early photos and sketches) and they had to do so much work filling in the painting as it had been damaged by heat, damp and time.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 09:23 PM
link   
True.
Allthough on close examination you can make out objects in the painting.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Omega85

i have just noticed some sort of code on the draping table cloth

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
In case you were wondering, this is what was really going on.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I would like to ask everyone viewing this thread, Do you see the other hidden man?

[edit on 22-5-2008 by Xavius]

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join