It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What kind of milkshake is your favorite?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 03:38 AM
link   
i love the jamocha shakes from arbys, they are like heaven

but ive had a watermelon shake and that was pretty good too.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I just spent $22.00 CDN building a milkshake to "fix" the little problem that starting reading this thread created for me. Haven't had one in a while... used a whole container of H-D CCC, couldn't get any range eggs, so Omega 3's had to suffice.

Holy cow does real raw Cuban Cane Sugar ever taste good - it better for the price I paid, blueberries where OK-ish, the crans were pretty tart and way, way, way over-priced. My belly is happy.

Victor K.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Aw C'mon! None of the tags for this thread mention STRAWBERRY milksahke

Datz da best. Strawberry milkshake all da way, and eat a snickers candy bar while you drink it

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Russian soldier

Datz da best. Strawberry milkshake all da way, and eat a snickers candy bar while you drink it

OK Russian Soldier, you added a whole new dimension to the concept of "the milkshake". I had never really considered the milkshake as having a "complimentary" food that would enhance the overall flavor or taste experience. I can actually "see" or, rather, taste the strawberry milkshake/snickers bar in "my minds' eye, er, mouth. The strawberry taste would certainly be enhanced by the deep milk chocolate taste of the snickers bar -- almost like a fondue where one would dip strawberries into molten chocolate. It really sounds good R.S. I will actually give this a try. In fact, I will try a variety of different things in combination to see which things are "complimentary". I wouldn't mind trying a mint milkshake with a chocolate bar.....that is, I would think, a natural combo. As for others?......

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I'm allergic to milk.
(although, I wouldn't drink it anyway, sorry)
But I love a good smoothie...
Does it still count if I use rice/soy/nut milk instead of cow milk?

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by wu kung
I'm allergic to milk.
(although, I wouldn't drink it anyway, sorry)
But I love a good smoothie...
Does it still count if I use rice/soy/nut milk instead of cow milk?

Hmmmmmm. I don't know. I am sorry to hear about your allergy to milk however, under the "rules" established by the Milk Overseers Organization, also known as MOO, a milkshake MUST contain milk (hence the name...MILKshake) to be legally called a milkshake. However, in this instance, I think that it would be all right to allow you to use a non-dairy product, soy milk, as a substitute for milk. After all, it really is not your fault that you have a medical reason for your aversion to milk. Please note that I am not a moo -derator for MOO and and I do not speak for their mooltitude of members.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Why, o why, hasn't anyone mentioned Phillips' Milk of Magnesia yet?????

(Sorry, it was the best I could do. Someone to my Kelis joke in the third post)

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant

Originally posted by Russian soldier

OK Russian Soldier, you added a whole new dimension to the concept of "the milkshake". I had never really considered the milkshake as having a "complimentary" food that would enhance the overall flavor or taste experience. I can actually "see" or, rather, taste the strawberry milkshake/snickers bar in "my minds' eye, er, mouth. The strawberry taste would certainly be enhanced by the deep milk chocolate taste of the snickers bar -- almost like a fondue where one would dip strawberries into molten chocolate. It really sounds good R.S. I will actually give this a try. In fact, I will try a variety of different things in combination to see which things are "complimentary". I wouldn't mind trying a mint milkshake with a chocolate bar.....that is, I would think, a natural combo. As for others?......

A mint milkshake? That doesn't sound good
everything I eat with mint (especially candy) tastes like sh*. Snickers candy bars are so damn good! Yum!

Oh man, I ran out of ice cream. I'd be making milkshake right now if I had ice cream. Last 2 weeks I drank strawberry milkshake everyday until the ice cream ended.

And by the way, yes, I do try different flavors and experiment. I have made blueberry, peach, banana, raspberry, chocolate, and cherry milkshakes. Strawberry seemed to be the best. Chocolate was second best, but I have difficulty finding the right chocolate stuff to add to make it a good chocolate milkshake- I threw a candy with nuts once and it tasted hella weird. lol

A quick question: Would adding Nutella make a good milkshake? I'm just wondering cuz Nutella is SO DELICOUS. I was wondering if the milkshake would taste good if I added it.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Well, I tried blueberry last weekend and was disappointed. I bought some bbs from the supermkt and mixed them with some sugar and water in the blender. Put it on the stove and cooked it down into heavy bb syrup which was very good on some fresh baked bread but mixed in my milkshake was a NO on flavor. Still tasted more vanilla than anything.

There's just something about strawberry that makes it so flavorful in a milkshake.

Speaking of mixing something, I just discovered something really good. Try this combo:

Cheetos crunchy with M&M peanuts. Eat the M&M's first then after you've eaten 4 or 5 and your mouth is clear but still full of the flavor eat the cheetos. The sweet and savory flavor will blow your mind! The taste only comes when you eat the cheetos and the whole thing only works in the order I mentioned. I tried other candies with the cheetos but none of them give that same result.

I was thinking of making a pan of cheetos squares like the rice crispy squares accept throw the M&M's in the food processor and then slowly melt the stuff in the mike before mixing with cheetos that have also been pulsed a couple of times in the FP. Only thing is when you put the M&M's and cheetos in your mouth at the same time you don't get the effect. But maybe doing the squares thing will work. Remember, it's only M&M Peanuts and Cheetos Crunchy. You'll be glad you tried this combo!

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   
The Kelis one.

video of milkshakin'

[edit on 4-8-2006 by Lysergic]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join