It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What kind of milkshake is your favorite?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Milkshakes come in many flavors. I've had some wonderful concoctions. A memorable milkshake was one made with blueberries, freshly picked from wild blueberry patches on Manitoulin Island -- amazing. And, yes, I'll agree with you, Russian Soldier, that strawberry milkshakes do, indeed, rock. But, being a purist at heart, I'll have to pick a chocolate milkshake every time.

An aside; when I refer to milkshakes, I am not referring to those "milkshakes" one can get from a fast food outlet like McDonalds, Wendy's or Burger King. When I think of milkshakes, I think of the one's my mom made. Many years ago, she purchased a Hamilton blender just like the ones' used at the early McDonalds' .....you know, they were of a putrid green color. Using this blender, she made my brother and me all sorts of different milkshakes; blueberry, boysenberry, raspberry and, yes, strawberry. She really was creative at making these treats for my brother and myself. However, it would have been tough to top her chocolate milkshakes. I remember she used Hershey's chocolate syrup and she would add real cocoa powder. It was incredible. Oh, by the way, she also made our own ice cream!

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   
We just purchased one of the best blenders in the world from Costco. Does that mean I am now going to be making one of the best milkshakes in the world?

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Personally, (me not being the biggest fan of strawberries in general) like Vanilla Bananna Milkshakes. They are a little bit sweet, but very very good.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Russian soldier
We just purchased one of the best blenders in the world from Costco. Does that mean I am now going to be making one of the best milkshakes in the world?

I think it's a good start. If you are truly a "milk shake affectionado" you will certainly appreciate that there is a certain quality that a good blender infuses a milk shake with -- air. By beating in air into a milk shake, it takes on the thick and foamy quality that we all crave. A good blender is EVERYTHING. If you don't believe me, try making a decent milk shake by simply stirring. You can't do it. Use a hand beater. You know that you still can't make a decent milk shake.

Hand-held Braun mixers actually do a decent job but it's not until you get into something with some real RPMs that you start infusing the potential ingredients of a milk shake with what really transforms it -- air. A Hamilton/Beech blender industrial/commercial blender is what McDonalds uses and what was used in countless drug store counters and malt shoppes of the past. And while there might be better blenders, this one does the job. Anyway, that's my little milk shake rant....you may all continue with your conversation. Thank you.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Steak and Shake in the US has the best overthecounter milkshake in the world. Try it before you knock me!

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Yeah, a good blender must make good shakes. It costed almost $400!!!!!!!!!!!! Damn, that's quit alot. Average blenders cost $40-$80, sometimes even less. If you blend warm stuff, it will be warm! (for example, soup) And it makes cold stuff cold! It makes peanut butter in minutes, coffee, and grinds so much ice, that if the same amount was put in another blender, it could damage it! We still havn't opened it, and my mother wants to sell it, but I keep telling her not to and I keep saying that I will pay for it, lol. I might pay half the price, no more, though.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   
One of the best blenders on the market is the VitaMix blender. It's an all stainless steel model that has has about a quarter hp. That is, it is incredibly power. It will easily pulverize ice cubes and it will even make ice cream. The Hamilton Beach commercial blender is excellent for milk shakes but I had forgotten how good the VitaMix blender is. You should give it a try if you can. Anyway, I'm with you "Russian Soldier", I love milk shakes too.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Cherry Vanilla Banana is off the hook!! Sad that you have to special order it from ice cream shoppes.

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
One of the best blenders on the market is the VitaMix blender. It's an all stainless steel model that has has about a quarter hp. That is, it is incredibly power. It will easily pulverize ice cubes and it will even make ice cream. The Hamilton Beach commercial blender is excellent for milk shakes but I had forgotten how good the VitaMix blender is. You should give it a try if you can. Anyway, I'm with you "Russian Soldier", I love milk shakes too.

Yeah, my blender can make ice cream. too. And hot soup. And Icees. It can make peanut butter out of peanuts. All kinds of crazy stuff. See, before we bought it, we were at Costco, and a guy was showing the blender and making all kinds of stuff for people from coffee, to smoothies, to soups to peanut butter. The best thing is, its so fast, you can clean it just by pouring soap water and turning it on. That's right, no more cutting your hand while cleaning it (ouch, always happened to me when I had the old one)

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Hey Russian Soldier ..... Haven't you "milked" this topic for enough points already?

Just Kidding.....

But since you raise this question, it is only fair to ask what flavor of milkshake do you find least agreeable. Personally, I have never cared for butterscotch or caramel (I'm not even certain if there is a difference). But, except for this one flavor, I've never had a milkshake that I did not like. Oh yeah, you can also cross out anchovy milkshakes. I've never had one but, then, I don't think I want to even try that one.

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 07:35 PM
link   
This one:

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Implosion
This one:

I think that we all can agree that "chocolate" milk shakes are a hands down favorite. Though I might agree in Russian Soldiers' strong opinion that Strawberry Blonde shakes are damn good too.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 01:16 AM
link   

This one:

OOOOOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh yeah! That one would have to be my favorite, lol

Well, it would be my favorite if it comes with the girl, hehe

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Hey Russian Soldier ..... Haven't you "milked" this topic for enough points already?

Just Kidding.....

But since you raise this question, it is only fair to ask what flavor of milkshake do you find least agreeable. Personally, I have never cared for butterscotch or caramel (I'm not even certain if there is a difference). But, except for this one flavor, I've never had a milkshake that I did not like. Oh yeah, you can also cross out anchovy milkshakes. I've never had one but, then, I don't think I want to even try that one.

The worst milkshake in the world would be a PEANUT BUTTER AND MASHED POTATO AND SALSA milkshake!

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Aw c'mon homies! Lets get more votes for STRAWBERRY MILKSHAKE!

Go strawberry milkshakes!

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I have got to make one of those blueberry shakes that people are mentioning. I will occasionally have a chocolate shake but mixing anything with it is a waste of time as the chocolate overpowers any other ingredient.

Good ol' vanilla would be second fav after S-berry. That is until I try the B-berry, then I may have a new fav.

I think adding a scosh of vanilla extract to any shake enhances the main flavor. Also, adding a bit of half and half makes it extra creamy.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 05:15 PM
link   

This one:

Damn!! I would definitely come to the yard for a sip of that milkshake.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 01:14 AM
link   

YO! My blender IS THE VITAMIX! I just decided to read the name on the box and IT IS THE ONE AND ONLY VITAMIX! Seems you are familiar with it.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Infra_red

This one:

Damn!! I would definitely come to the yard for a sip of that milkshake.

Yard!!!??!?!??!? I'd go halfway around the world for a sip of that!

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Oh yeah! Blueberries from the Manitoulin - Little Current or Gore Bay? Next time add a few cranberries - zing! (I know the bog out past the old Wilkins farm outside of Little Current has both).... Hagen Daz Choclate choclate chip as the base, 3 raw range-chicken eggs, and a little pinch of nutmeg, grind 1 lemon leaf and the piece-de-resistance fresh chopped cane sugar - leave it chunky - the bottom of the tumbler is as good as the first sip. And the cane is great to have as dessert - all sweet and permeated with choclate. Use no milk to approach transcendant hyper-yumminess. Don't blend too much; the dessert spoon must meet resistance at every luscious creamy scoop.

My missus has tried pemmican in a shake before - she said it was good. Ugh, powdered-meat-berry stuff is an acquired taste I guess.

This'll bug me now till I have one. 400 odd miles to LC further to GB. D'Oh! I'm reachin' for the Black Magics - Mmm, chilled caramel... Mmmm, orangey stuff, Bleck-pitui cherry yuk.

Victor k.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join