It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope has secret meeting with Britain on Iran

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I think you'll find TB was born a protestant and sees himself as an 'ecumenical Christian'.
He has a Roman Catholic wife, Cherie.
They are raising their children as RC so I suppose his interest (I have not heard of any actual 'conversion') is because of that situation.

Cherie Blair recently (and correctly) described the RC tradition as separate from the 'traditional' British establishment and as why she was raising their children as RC.

Mrs Blair said when she was growing up being a Catholic "meant you were not part of the Establishment".

"And so, being from a fairly humble family myself, and knowing that my children are having a pretty privileged life, I don't want them to be simply part of the Establishment," she explained.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 10:18 PM
link   
There is something definately wrong with this Pope.

He is talking about Iran war as the date nears 06.06.06.

He used to work for Hitler.

He hates Dan Brown. Wants to burn his book and ban the movie Da Vinci Code.

He refused to talk about the number 666.

He changed his name from hawkish Ratzinger to now dovish Benedict. Wolf in sheep's clothes?

He questions God.

Doubts

ATS 666

[edit on 5-6-2006 by mr conspiracy]

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr conspiracy
There is something definately wrong with this Pope.

He changed his name from hawkish Ratzinger to now dovish Benedict. Wolf in sheep's clothes?

He questions God.

Doubts

ATS 666

[edit on 5-6-2006 by mr conspiracy]

Do you know anything, anything at all about the Catholic Church?
Of course the Pope would talk about Iran (even if the date is 06-06-06). Talking to Blair or Bush or any world leader about Peace is typical. It's what Popes do.

Saying that the Pope "worked" for Hitler is quite a stretch. The Pope, as a young man in growing up in WWII Germany, was, indeed, a member of the "Hitler Youth". Tens of thousands of children were members of the Hitler Youth. I don't like comparing the Hitler Youth to the Boy Scouts but, for all intents and purposes, that's what they were. Of course, the Hitler Youth's ultimate purpose was to indoctrinate the youth of Germany to love and obey Hitler as well as help old ladies across the street. Even if one disagreed with the tenets of Nazi-ism, one would often pretend to go along with things because to do otherwise was, to say the least, unhealthy.

The Pope doesn't hate Dan Brown. I'm not even sure that the Pope would even know Dan Brown personally. On the other hand, the Pope might be against the rather inaccurate portrayal Dan Brown presents of Church History and religious organizations like Opus Dei in his fictional novel, The DaVinci Code.. As for banning the book and the film, I don't know but I do know that if he might discourage Catholics from seeing the film. On this point, it is interesting to note that many Muslim clerics in Pakistan have called for banning the film.

As for talking about 666, I don't know that the Pope has refused to talk about it. I don't see how the Pope would even find this relevant. After all, some Biblical scholars recently announced that the "number of the Beast" was 616.

As for "changing his name", it is common practice and Church tradition for a Cardinal, upon election to the Papal Office, to adopt the name of one of the apostles or a saint. Cardinal Ratzinger adopted the name of St. Benedict -- hardly indicative of a "wolf in sheep's' clothing".

As for questioning God....I'm sure that we all question God.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Popes do generally talk about wars with presidents..
but usually about wars that havent started and are very heated debates in the media at the time?

Yes he was in the hitler youth,
but how many people in the hitler youth now a days say
we were MADE to be there.

regardless of wether he was there by choice, or because he was forced.
Ultimately, his personal opinions at the time are irrelevant. He's the pope, therefore he was MADE to be there. regardless of how he felt.

But I did feel a sense of goodness in him when he went to auschwitz and declared he was there as a german that day..

But tying in with all the islamic tension world wide at the moment.

why would TB be having a personal discussion with the pope?

when was the last meeting with the pope?

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr conspiracy

He's talking about stopping it. The RCC is anti-war.

Irrelevant. Everyone in the Nazi Total State worked for Hitler.

Where has he said the book should be burned, and where has he said that the movie should be banned? At most the RCC has said that catholics shouldn't support it. Thats quite different from having it banned.

Perhaps because its silly?

The popes allways change their name, they assume a papal name.

He questions God.

So you don't think that the Holocaust was something bad and wonder that it shouldn't've happened? Because thats precisely what he did.

So anyone that has spiritual questions in your book is evil? Everyone must unquestionably and dogmatically agree with your own personal views? Whats more anti-christ-like than that??

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join