It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MySpace - Undercover Intelligence tool?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 07:05 PM
link   
In the recent past the peoples of the United States have been under assault by a Government gone awry in it's search for information "in order to catch terrorists".
Some of the processes used by the Government included getting user information and web-traffic reports on site users. This data alone can give any analyst a good understanding of what the User being studied is interested in. But in order to get really deep into some of these people, in order to answer the questions as to their actual lifestyle, their beliefs, their connections, their social network when you don't have enough Operatives to go out and do the gumshoe work you need an automated process ...

MyPlace.com - a website where people get to lay their lives out on the web for all to see and comment on, a mass networking tool that further drives people to disclose more and more about their lives through the written word, photographs, music and videos. A website that unknowingly allows Intelligence Agencies a free hand at recovering information about Millions of users.

[edit on 4-6-2006 by 2stepsfromtop]

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 01:40 AM
link   
You are absolutely, 110% correct.

You don't have to believe me, but I have firsthand knowledge from more than one independent and extremely reputable source about how certain agencies are gleaning intel from MySpace.

Have you perused the site? Naive teenagers post photos of marijuana, vandals brag about "tagging" sprees, stolen merchandise is shown by gang members, etc.

Trust me, the day will come when all of that, no matter how trivial it may seem, will come back to haunt those people. Trust me, I guarantee it, 110%, anyone whose MySpace page makes even a passing reference to illegal (or, dare I say, immoral) activity will regret it sorely.

If you don't believe me and you have reason to think your page has content that would draw attention...then all I have to say to you is: don't say I didn't warn you!!!

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 01:51 AM
link   
If they're brain dead enough to post incriminating or personal information on the Internet for any Tom, Dick, or Harry to peruse, then that's tough, live with the consequences. IMO.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I bet there is an Al-Qeada myspace group which is where the FBI gets all its intell. It sounds really plausible that the CIA would put time and resources into setting up MySpace so that they can sift through thousands of teenager's delluded blogs looking for terrorists.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Its already going on, when a person sends in a job application, some companies will just google the person and check out their myspace accounts, if they have one, or other blogs, and learn all about them.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by planeman
I bet there is an Al-Qeada myspace group which is where the FBI gets all its intell. It sounds really plausible that the CIA would put time and resources into setting up MySpace so that they can sift through thousands of teenager's delluded blogs looking for terrorists.

I gotta agree with you 100%. I accidently ran into a myspace profile a little while ago with a chap wearing a headscarf covering his whole face. The page was plastered with iraqi flags, ak-47's, grenades, and a request that the guy only wanted to talk to more 'true muslims'. Yeah, right. True muslims don't idolize machine guns...

I followed his friends list about 6 degrees of seperation from him and i pretty much saw and read the same thing on those as well. And if a blue collar working guy like me can stumble onto that by pure luck, well, the feds have guys that do that for a living. So if they're not there, they're not doing their jobs.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I see that the famous American sarcasm detector isn't switched on today.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Its an interesting idea and very plausible but i think that the majority of myspace users are far too boring for intelligence agencies at the moment to be dedicating resources or people in the hunt for criminals... im sure the time will come when sites such as this, which i have to admit im a member, will be used to gain information on everyday people but until that time it's probably a secondary source at best... i mean what angency wants to know if you prefer coke or pepsi, or the number of pets you have?

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by planeman
I see that the famous American sarcasm detector isn't switched on today.

Stop being so sarcastic.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShinobiAurora
... i mean what angency wants to know if you prefer coke or pepsi, or the number of pets you have?

Think about it ...

have you ever heard the term"branded"?

closest definition

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Bumping to bring it back to life!

So what have you all found on MySpace.com?

I was able to locate a bunch of people I used to work with and one of them even posted their home address on it!

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I found one thing interesting. Words on pages you do not look at, still effect your subconscious this is a common ways to program people.

So if you are listening to a song that tells you to stand up for your beliefs and make a difference, your subconscious is reading the words on the bottom right of the radio player.

StandAlonePlayer

This seems to be another little message to keep people from expressing and organizing, it is telling people they will be alone if they stand.

Or it is just another coincidence...

Nobody is alone when they stand up, at least not for long, the real message should be

StandTogetherPlayer

[edit on 20-10-2007 by Redge777]

top topics

join