It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America This is How Your Meat is Made…

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Its just a bit of healthy debate!

One thing that's for sure- this subject is closer to my heart than yours, obviously - so I am going to take it more seriously than you.

I spend my entire life having this kind of battle - and I am NEVER the instigator

My boyfriend and my son both eat meat, I'm not some kind of militant veggi,

I just like to try and get my point across as much as I can

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 08:56 AM
link   
just because you want to get your point across does not mean that you can ignore the things i'm saying. i'm agreeing with you on the moral points of the debate, and you're getting upset that realistically, the world doesn't work the way you'd like it to.

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   
25, EVERYTHING upsets me about the world.

Small things like stopping eating meat, using cruelty free products, they just kind of ease the guilt about humanity...for me, anyway.

Its hard, especially when you have a child. Nothing less than Utopia is good enough for them.

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 09:06 AM
link   
trust me, i understand that. i'm a misanthropist myself, although for different reasons. you have to accept reality at some point, however, and teach your child to live life in the world as it is.

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Look, you need to just accept that the animal rights info. is not making up anything.

You are not able to give something up based only upon the fact that you enjoy it.

And don't post complete bs at me that what I wrote doesn't make sense - if you want to do something at least have the wherewithall to accept what it means to lifeforms that are as important as your species, don't pretend you are more important than some other form of life! If anything, humans are the least important lifeforms - I mean that in terms of survival of the rest of this planet. If we go it wouldn't matter a jot to any other species at all - save for the ones we happen to have in zoos, and in other cages, or in plant pots, etc - because no humans would then be able to feed them. Other than that, humans could go bye-bye and all the rest of the Earth would be fine. This is why for example there are phrases in Mayan that translate as "First The Tree" because the trees are first - similarly, if all the animals just about disappeared, the Earth could regenerate from the plantlife. So animals are dependant upon plants, humans are dependant largely upon both animals and plants. Animals and plants don't need humans!

The dominant culture in this time on this planet does not know it's place, or it has such a problem with knowing it's place that it allows all it can to self-destruct so it can deny the truth it cannot take. Why not just admit that truth? It sets you free because you lose all the lies you have to hang onto to convince yourself otherwise. You will see that humans have the god capacity here, and you'll realise where we went wrong when we began to act like we are not stewards and keepers of the other lifeforms and not in charge, when all the rubbish about 'man vs nature' began to set it all off-course.

now swallow that red pill cause this is real! face some facts.

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 09:53 AM
link   
um, i HOPE you're not talking to me.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join