It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandatory Draft Bill snuck in and to be debated on 6/6/06

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   
govtrack says Congress is in session today, although why I'm following this is beyond me. I've over the age limit and not an American citizen.

I guess I just want to see what happens if it does get passed.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Stop spinning; "This is big stuff. Democrats? Republicans

Its all the same crap. A Democrat sneaks it in, and all the Republicans approve it.
RIGHT."

That was precisely what i said. I leave the fearmongering to your pals in Washington.

I'm the spinner here?

This entire thread is a forum for spinning, and I maintain that you knew that when you started it. Your last response, "A Democrat sneaks it in, and all the Republicans approve it." is the perfect example. A democrat did try to sneak it in, but you already know that the Republicans are not going to approve the bill. So, why keep up your spinning (dizzy yet?)? That's right, we all do know why.

So, it's quite obvious to all that you don't like being exposed for what you are doing, but so what? I call 'em like I see 'em.

[edit on 6/12/2006 by centurion1211]

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 11:17 PM
link   
".... Yes, interesting when you consider Jr.'s last hurrah is to nominate Goldman Sachs CEO as the new Treasury Secretary. But they have a long history, making their political contributions good business sense (whatever party) for the investment banking firm ..."

REPLY: Yeah........ I suppose you think it would be better having, say, a manager from "toys 'r us" as treasury secretary. King of like a few years ago when Cheney had that awful energy policy meeting, and he had the nerve to have people at the meeting who actually knew about energy. The nerve!!! He should have invited the CEO of Taco Bell.

Oh... and hardly his "last hurrah."

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Volunteer militarys almost always face recuitment shortages however in this case this is only a part of the problem. Having some comptantent leaders in the Whitehouse would encourge more people to serve there countrie.

[edit on 30-6-2006 by xpert11]

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 11:26 PM
link   
So, here we go again.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
politics.abovetopsecret.com...

If the draft were going to be brought back it would have happened by now. For that matter, if Bush wanted to enact Martial Law and take over the country that would have happened by now also.

Can't we all agree that stories like this are twisted and there will be varied opinions from both ends of the spectrum? Some people support the current government, some people don't. Then there are the extremes.

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 01:59 AM
link   
well if people would of really done the research about that law you would know that it never was even voted on 666 cause it was referred to some commitee back in feb or march i belive

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by kindred
Well this appears to be genuine. Doesn't surprise me at all that the US Government who are basically a bunch of warmongers would bring back the draft. (I somehow cant see any US congressman's sons & daughters being drafted)

Thankfully this doesnt affect me being British, but I still nonetheless find it disturbing. What I find surprising is the lack of response to this thread. Thought ATS would be all over this, especially all you Americans.

Take Care
Kindred

well germany has something like this. you do 2 years in the service or some civil service for the people who dont want to be in the military. im suprised that they actually included that in this supposed bill instead of strictly military service

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 03:31 AM
link   
@Krazyivan miltary service in germany is now a whole 9 months with at least 3 weeks holidays included

the civilian equivalent is 10 months service in old age homes,hospitals etc

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 08:13 AM
link   
The UK has started to show a lot more advertisements on TV about joining all sorts of military service sectors... for instance in the past few minutes ive seen two ads for both airbourne and mechanised infantry...

Then there are the recent deaths of british soldiers in Afghanistan, the war which was apparently won (mostly by the americans according to Bush!)... but i wont get myself started on that one! grrrr

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join