It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS taken for granted sometimes?

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   
When i first joined ATS i have to admit to finding it a bind having to adhere to a set layout for threads and posts. Lots of information that i'm still getting used to, and yes often getting it wrong still but i'm trying.

Yet after getting used to the system here, i find myself getting SO agrrivated by other sites and forums that are run so shodily!
I'm not just talking about conspiracy sites, but others too. Call it petty but even something as simple as an author naming his thread in a way that gets you to read the post, only to find that the post is full of crap, that one does my head in!

Again i admit i can be the worst for getting the thread formats wrong here, and i obviously fail to use spellcheck at times, but at least this site forces us to concentrate on these minor points and subsequently gives us the most professional and factualy informative site on the web.

I was accused a while ago by a friend of being a little blinkered by hanging around only ATS most of the time, however i only have to browse other sites to reasure myself why i do.

Yes this place may have it's idiots at times, does'nt everywhere? Big difference being that ATS either educates or denies these people. The help here is unrivaled, as is the information. I just think this place is underappreciated at times, no sorry that was wrong, more a case of people forgetting how lucky they are to be a part of a site like this when you compare it to the total mess you see on other forums.
As someone once said, "you don't know what you got till it's gone!" Imagine that one would ya!

Nice one ATS
Now i need a cuppa!

CX.

[edit on 4/6/06 by CX]

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   
i agree iv checked out many forums and this is certainly the best, its better run, more organised and there is topics here everyone can talk about. at least here we take a conspiracy and rip it to shreds and question everything, everylink everything. so at end of day most are debunked or proved to be true.

definatly a good job by the 3 amigos and moderators its not easy running a site like this

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   
ronishia
Great avatar! Total double-take on my part...

CX
I think really highly of this place too, not just the administration, but the mission. I'm sure that some people think I overstate the importance of places like ATS (there are damn few, BTW), but really it cuts to the quick of what humanity needs most.

Communication between strangers, helping to form bonds of common interest and tolerance, shared understanding and mutual respect.

If people can learn to discuss the issues, and collaboratively figure out what's going on in the world, it gives those people the power to make better decisions. And better decisisons equate to a better life.

I really do appreciate this place (some might say too much), and I can hardly wait to see where it goes from here.

CX

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
and I can hardly wait to see where it goes from here.

Thats quite a scary thought when you look at what the site has achieved so far!

Most people would be hard pushed to think of ways to improve this site, yet the funny thing is, they always manage it.

CX.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I went to one 2x and after i was there for 3 minutes, i was automatically kicked out and the screen said "Your time is up. come back tommorrow"

They can have it.

Nothing like ATS and its people

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Absolutely. This place is great. I've heard the term 'over-moderated' used, but that is wrong. It keeps the trolls and general crap talkers away.

I too have got used to ATS so much that when I go to another forum I find myself comparing it to ATS and always shaking my head.

And yeah, all my mates think I'm a bit nutty for spending so much time on here, but heck and hell I don't give a hoot what they think.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I never take this place for granted, after 'testing' other sites, none come close to what is our great community.

What i think is taken for granted is the hard work that goes into keeping this place fresh and interesting with high standards...you never see complaciency on ATS and thats great.

The sheer influx of new members is a sign of ATS's greatness and coverage.

top topics

join