It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trilobis 65 Floating Home

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I have been look at yachts for some time now mostly used, I like this, it's sort of cool and it's environmentally friendly and self-sufficient. Heck with one of these I could care less if the world went to hell in a hand basket. It would be see ya, and float away.

Trilobis 65 Floating Home

"The main aim of the project is to allow anyone to live in a unique environment through a self-sufficient, nonpolluting dwelling that exists in unison with their ocean surrounding," Zema tells POPULAR MECHANICS. At first glance, the Trilobis looks as if it would be more at home soaring into the sky than plying the waters of atolls, bays and maritime parks. Looking at a computer image of the bow conjures up visions of the flying saucers in 1950s science fiction films. The Trilobis's blueprints, however, reveal a nautical heritage that reaches back to the humble dugout while simultaneously embracing 21st century technologies that include high-strength composites and nonpolluting hydrogen fuels.

www.sub-find.com...

www.sub-find.com...

Click to enlarge

www.sub-find.com...

Most likely, it will be constructed in Vancouver, British Columbia, where he has set up an exclusive marketing relationship with Underwater Vehicles Inc. The location may seem like an unusual choice, but the region has the two essential ingredients needed to make the Trilobis project a success. The first is its wealth of small inlets and bays. The second is a pool of wealthy yacht owners, one of whom may be willing to invest the $4 million to $5 million it will take to launch yachting into the 21st century. Contact Underwater Vehicles Inc. at www.sub-find.com.

[edit on 4/6/2006 by Sauron]

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Wow, thats actually really cool. Never seen a boat design quite like that before. =)

I like how sleek and futuristic it looks.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I can see Vancouver being a good place to launch a project like this because it has an ideal location and a base of wealthy people that could afford such a vessel.

It'd be nice to live aboard one of these.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Heck, i'd want one of those even if it were parked on land

The ingenuity of man never fails to amaze me. That is awesome.

wupy

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Wow. I was actually thinking about an idea like this a long time ago. I imagined a barge like platform outfitted with a large greenhouse,solar panels, pumps, housing, etc. Really more of a self sufficient living enviroment for when the world goes to hell. Of course, I've never put any more thought into it other than "Hey, wouldn't THAT be cool".

This looks more like a non self-sufficient housing unit. Sleek and cool, though. I'll take three.

new topics

top topics

join