It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wii-Mote Mania (Nintendo Wii informational Thread)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Murcielago, i think you are msiundering not only me, but the point of my post:

"The machine is based on GC," said Miyamoto. "We'll be upgrading the development tools, but GameCube code can be used for the most part as is. In that sense, I believe that it would be good to remake GameCube games for Wii, and that some titles would become better with the change to the Wii remote controller."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

this is from that same link i provided earlier. wii's hardware is based on the gc, but that doesn't make it a 'souped up' copy.
lemme put it this way: think of it as two computers, one that runs windows 95, and the other that runs windows xp. windows xp is based on windows 95, but they are not the same. either way, you are still running windows. win95 software can be modified to run on winXP, but not vice versa.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23
why do you assume i think graphics have nothing to do with a game? did i say that ? NOPE so quit assuming things or putting words in my mouth.

I'm not puting words in your mouth...you just keep one doing tha ol' graphics < fun...thing. All I'm saying is that better graphics can make the game fun(er).

are you just waiting to see which system is more popular?

nah, I plan on getting a 360 in November.

and that spiderman & hulk comparison is pretty good, and pretty true.

I think you are overly hyped about the Wii....Have you personally ever played the Wii with the wiimote? ...thats what I thought.

anywho...unless new info comes along...I'm done with this topic until mid november.

edit: BTW, Karby, I read the whole interview...So I know what he was saying. And I build my own computers, so I know about hardware.
heres the interview...if anywant wants to read it
The comparison talk is around 2/3rds the way down.
and heres a quote from the man himself:

Miyamoto:
The hardware is basically a GC.

[edit on 5-10-2006 by Murcielago]

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 07:49 PM
link   
you didn't read the comments. joystiq used another translation of his words.
and my analogy wasn't to imply that you are ignorant about computers. i was just drawing a comparison.

edit:
www.joystiq.com...
the quote i made earlier came from this interview, which was held back in august.

[edit on 5-10-2006 by karby]

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago

nah, I plan on getting a 360 in November.

actually...the 360 is pretty good. the live service is great! but i don't play it much, because it's at home.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 09:22 PM
link   

I think you are overly hyped about the Wii....Have you personally ever played the Wii with the wiimote? ...thats what I thought.

[edit on 5-10-2006 by Murcielago]

i wonder why im eager to play the wii. wait a minute , its something new, something drastically different, something immersive , something that has the potential to be loads of FUN.

the last generation of consoles : gc, ps2, xbox were nothing but REVED up supernintendos or sega genesis. im sure u will understand what i mean . gaming is becomming boring. push this button, push that button, run jump push this button again. gaming is becomming repetative. same game, better graphics .

the only way to make a game different anymore is to change the characters weapons or tweak the story line. its like gaming has went from being a broken record to a skipping cd.
humans are animals that desire EVOLVUTION. that is where the wii comes into play. its sometihng completely different from anything we have seen. its something that actually changes the whole idea of gaming. its something that has the potential to make all people actually want to play a video game , instead of just luring the same old gaming crowd.

the final destination of video gaming is virtual reality. the graphics have come a long way to reach this goal. now its time for the VIRTUAL part of it to catch up.

imagine how much more fun a fishing game on the wii can be , compared to a ps3. id rather catch cartoon fish with a wiimote then realistic fish with a standard analog controller.its about having fun, not having visual orgasms .

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Stop sayng fun, fun is a subjective word, ergo it is a bad word to use in arguments. Just an observation

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Yes I agree. I prefer to think of the gameplay opportunities that will be enabled by the 'Mote that normally wouldn't be possible on a conventional gamepad. Whether this translates into better gameplay is up in the air, but I'm fairly confident that they have learned from the mistakes made by their N64 and GC efforts.

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vegemite
Stop sayng fun, fun is a subjective word, ergo it is a bad word to use in arguments. Just an observation

well FUN is the reason people play games. so why should i take it out of the arguement?

what someone considers amazing graphics is relative.

anyone who games understand what FUN FACTOR means, so its relevant.

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 12:48 PM
link   
God I cant wait to get my Wii! It just seems like so much fun, and the potential for future games are great. Imagine a lightsaber game. I know lucasarts rumored to have it in the works...but imagine...1:1 movement...wit ha alightsaber!

oooh multiplayer lightsaber battles...it would be so cool!

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   
i'm confused..does the wii ship with one controller or two? a lot of sources say one, but recently i'm beginning to see sites that say the wii will ship with two controllers. so which is it?

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   
The Wii ships with one full controller. Which is the Wii-mote, and the nunchuk attachment.

its two parts, but combined they make the full controller.

You dont NEED the nunchuk to play every game, but most games use it.

So they give it to you.

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 08:04 PM
link   
im pretty sure its just one controller. i want to know when we will see the first wii comercials on tv, anyone know?

here is a homemade wii commercial , its pretty hot and funny. enjoy

ps3 vs wii commercial

[edit on 7-10-2006 by elitegamer23]

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 06:46 PM
link   
www.revolutionportal.com...

Nintendo pasts Wii production expectations Nintendo’s goal to have 1 million units ready for the world launch of the Wii has said to be passed. They say that it may even be as high as 9 million units for the fourth quarter release. By the end of the calender year, Nintedno could have shipped up to 11 million units.

This is good news for Nintendo and gamers alike. Sony who under-shot their goa makes Nintedno look better with over-shooting their goal.

very bad news for sony. in no time at all it could be 9 million wii sold vs 500,000 ps3 sold. oh yeah did i mention nintendo makes a profit for every wii sold and sony loses money.

[edit on 9-10-2006 by elitegamer23]

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 08:09 PM
link   

oh yeah did i mention nintendo makes a profit for every wii sold and sony loses money.

yes, because its 5 year old technology.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 10:02 PM
link   
i thought you werent a fanboy, why are you offended with anything positive about the wii. YOU DONT HAVE TO BUY IT, but you cant force others to look away.

its going to be funny when nintendo sells 9 million wii before sony sells 2 million ps3.

hey murcielago check this out. its how much sony cares about their american fanboys. 100 DOLLAR PRICE DROP FOR PS3 ONLY IN JAPAN

why dont you complain about that instead of complaing about the HIGHLY anticipated wii. why did the atari jaguar die off? it was ahead of its time .

oh yeah did i mention nintendo makes a profit for every wii sold and sony loses money.

yes, because its 5 year old technology.

is it a bad idea to make a killer profit? people buy something because its fun not because it has better graphics. who is in panic mode right now? sony or nintendo?

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 09:00 PM
link   
here are the top 10 wii videos on youtube.

warning it will make you want a wii even more.

peace

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 07:10 AM
link   
ill still take PS3 wipeout over anything kiddytendo can dish out...

besides in a year there will be wii-like controllers available for all consoles, so while nintendokiddies play xxx-th installment of zelda and mario ill be playing the real next gen AND with the wii controller....just wait and see

still wii is a good idea (to copy)

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by born_to_be_wired
ill still take PS3 wipeout over anything kiddytendo can dish out...

Only kiddies think that Graphics and Power are superior to all else. They also only play Rated M games.

Ahuh. I'll take that 600 dollars I'll save on buying a Wii instead of a PS3 and purchase either a 360 or put another 7950 video card + PhysX physics card in my comp.

besides in a year there will be wii-like controllers available for all consoles, so while nintendokiddies play xxx-th installment of zelda and mario ill be playing the real next gen AND with the wii controller....just wait and see

Really? I had no idea that Microsoft and Sony were planning on offering Sensor bars for their consoles. I also didn't hear that old Gates was jumped onto a method that he considers to be "experimental".

still wii is a good idea (to copy)

I agree, though I don't think the other companies will do it until the next generation.

On an unrelated note, I just recently got the chance to try both the Wii and PS3(when it wasn't crashing) at my buddies store(he works at Electronics Boutique). The game i played on the PS3 seriously left much to be desired as did the control scheme. It just didn't feel natural while playing Madden. The Wii on the other hand, was great. I often forgot that I even had a controller in my hands when I was playing Madden. I didn't have to adjust my grip on the controller once while playing on the Wii-mote. I really hope that someone comes up with a Hardware hack that lets me use the Wii-mote, Sensor bar and Nunchucks on the PC. That would be sweet.

Unfortunately I couldn't play any other games as that will be the feature game for both systems come launch.

BTW This is why I'm seriously considering a Xbox 360.

Mass Effect by Bioware FTW!

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

I hope Bioware makes a Wii game, say port Knights of the Old Republic or Jade Empire or something like that.

[edit on 11-10-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000

Only kiddies think that Graphics and Power are superior to all else. They also only play Rated M games.

Ahuh. I'll take that 600 dollars I'll save on buying a Wii instead of a PS3 and purchase either a 360 or put another 7950 video card + PhysX physics card in my comp.

im sorry but all nintendo franchises have been done to death, yes RE was awesome, but it was awesome on ps2 as well.

As for the price did you check how much a second controller for Wii will cost you? not saying its not worth it, hell, to each his own, but after you buy a couple of those Wii will cost you as much as PS3....and you want high speed ethernet? Yep, dish out some more

Really? I had no idea that Microsoft and Sony were planning on offering Sensor bars for their consoles. I also didn't hear that old Gates was jumped onto a method that he considers to be "experimental".

I dont have to hear it to know its going to happen, especially if it sells well, take it from someone thats been working in game business.

Sensor bars are a problem? I think not

Its not like its some sort of alien technology.

And old Gates always copies stuff if he cant buy it, not true?

I agree, though I don't think the other companies will do it until the next generation.

On an unrelated note, I just recently got the chance to try both the Wii and PS3(when it wasn't crashing) at my buddies store(he works at Electronics Boutique). The game i played on the PS3 seriously left much to be desired as did the control scheme. It just didn't feel natural while playing Madden. The Wii on the other hand, was great. I often forgot that I even had a controller in my hands when I was playing Madden. I didn't have to adjust my grip on the controller once while playing on the Wii-mote. I really hope that someone comes up with a Hardware hack that lets me use the Wii-mote, Sensor bar and Nunchucks on the PC. That would be sweet.

Well since its basically gamecube in disguise its not hard to develop for it is it now, you can even use the old development kit, so first gen. games will be better....however i would give PS3 and XBOX360 a year or two to warm up...

...its kinda sad that the only thing next-gen on Wii is the controller

BTW This is why I'm seriously considering a Xbox 360.

Mass Effect by Bioware FTW!

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

oh yeah that looks nice

oh btw, i forgot, dont forget to enjoy playing whatever box you buy

[edit on 11-10-2006 by born_to_be_wired]

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by born_to_be_wired
im sorry but all nintendo franchises have been done to death, yes RE was awesome, but it was awesome on ps2 as well.

Yeah, and the last time I've played any of those franchises were like 10 years ago. PS2 turned into a paperweigt when I bought it. Have fun with the new paperweight.

As for the price did you check how much a second controller for Wii will cost you? not saying its not worth it, hell, to each his own, but after you buy a couple of those Wii will cost you as much as PS3....some more

45 Bucks CND according to the Local EB games. 5 dollars more expensive then a 360 controller.

Just about everyone I know is getting a Wii. I only plan on buying one extra 3rd party wii-mote, though I'm buying all the accessories I need(which cost about 15-20 bucks according to my local EB games).

and you want high speed ethernet? Yep, dish out

I gots Wireless already.

One other thing. I've done the math already and the PS3 will cost approximately 1000 dollars CND for the deluxe package. 400 will get me a Wii, two games, four 'chuck accessories, and an extra wii-mote plus 600 dollars left over.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join