It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Lockheed Black Bird still in use?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   
damm -- thats 30 minuites poo flinging down the toilet -- 3 people beat me too it -- i must be getting old

ah well - another claim busted -- any onw want to play cards while we await the next hoax ???

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Let's play some Euchre... I'll even give you two points lead if you can pronounce it, four if you know how to play.

[edit on 7/6/2006 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
www.af.mil...

More in a moment... Thanks jra for the info you provided that lead to me finding this!!

EDIT:...

image here

The image is too wide, so I don't want to throw off the flow of the thread - hence the link.

It is a screenshot of that website, with the image in question on it.

In the green box is where this image can be found on the link I provided.

EXCELLENT FIND - just beat me to it. looked at the 332nd web site( where they had an artical on the Predator. then to the Airfoce link.

Again excellent work cmdrkeenkid. Another photoshopped picture bites the dust.

In the red box is the approximate area where this image was cropped down to and the SR-71 was inserted.

And for reference, here is the image that GSA provided in this post

Again... Thanks to jra for providing the information that lead to me finding this!!

ANOTHER EDIT:

And GSA got the "full sized" image that she/he/it/alien cropped, edited, etc from here. It's a 5.6 Mb JPG, so be forewarned if you're on dial up.

[edit on 7/6/2006 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Told you GSA that the image was not reliable. But no, you had to post it before I could get to a copy of photoshop and have a look and see.

That was stupid and makes you look sheepish to say the least. You should of waited for me to get back to you - i do have a pc but all my files are in storage. You got burnt real badly and now look bloody stupid - Thats why I have laid that one to rest and didnt post in the thread, and now just as I open the blooming image I read you have posted it on the threads -
Why? did you not check your email? I didn't u2u you because i was and still am in no way shape or form in the mood to deal with ATS, and by the look of it your now going to get banned / warned and taken the pee out of.

What makes it even worse is that I didn't want to get involved on your ATS threads because I have no interest any more - So you were basically trying to defend some one who didn't care either way.

I have one piece of advice. Never, ever do that again. IF I wanted defending I would do it myself, and if i needed more proof i would present it myself. That you do not have photoshop or any imaging skills past paint on windows (Your other pics are terrible by the way) will get you badly mauled here and on the net as a whole -

Thats my tuppence worth, and im sorry if i offended you in any way, but haste cost you a burning here on ATS that you may not get over -

Learn from it and say sorry to all the people who have lost time / sleep over what you have posted in haste.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Greebo, maybe you could reply to your u2u's, I sent you one weeks ago asking you to respond to all the ppl wanting to see these photos. You clearly havnt left the boards as you previously claimed to avoid critisism.

Admit you lied or post the evidence you claimed to have.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 04:32 PM
link   
And another blooming thing. Read my first post GSA - the middle east is no where blooming near Akatori airbase... FFS all you needed was to look at a map and see for yourself , mulled it over and seen that there was no need for it to be any where near the middle east bases -

GGGGGRRRRRRRRRRR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One thing I would like to know is, where did that picture come from? Not the blooming UCAV base but the altered image?

Silly, you should of stuck to the areas you knew about and posted in other forums - leave ATS and go back to health issues and science. im still going to do genetic research because of the risks involved, I would of seen you on there once i have got settled and unpacked.

GSA lok out for me as i have to register again and will be shiva_star on the board.

Now let me enjoy my ATS retirement in peace.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 04:35 PM
link   
And no, I did not lie in any way shape or form.

There is no admitance from my paryt because i stand on two feet square to you all and clearly stated that i cannot shop the images without huge areas being wiped out and getting slaughtered for it.

So, Adios.

Ban me, what ever you like, I stand very square to my claims. Thank you.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Post the image with the huge areas blanked. Go on post it. I want to see it. Post the image.

I can guarantee that the ppl reading this thread will have more respect for you if you post any image, rather than leaving yourself looking like a liar.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I certainly don't have any evidence to prove / disprove the original claim.

I do know SR-71's were flown out of Akrotiri during the Cold War and it was a secret among even the UK forces on the base actually what it was - I was told this first-hand when I as in the British Army (ish
) by someone who was there (also somewhere on ATS an ex-RAF bloke relates how he was locked up for snapping one).

A question though - if the CIA managed to develop the whole A12 / SR-71 programme in complete secrecy and fly it for x years without details leaking out how can anyone say they're ALL retired / there isn't an SR-71/ A-12 'B' out there somewhere doing whatever the CIA do?

That said some pics would be good

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   
The time of the first flight of the A-12, to the announcement of the SR-71 was only 2 years. The F-117 was kept secret longer. There are many people that have logged tail numbers, etc and verified how many SR airframes there were. As far as I know all of the verified ones have been accounted for in museums around the US.

[edit on 7/6/2006 by Zaphod58]

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Yeah take the point but I'm a bit worried by the info / sites posted on here.

For example there's one on display that's not in the US which I haven't seen mentioned on the sites cited on here

aam.iwm.org.uk...

Still like to see photos of the ones flying at Akrotiri though!

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   
That should be the Imperial War Museum in England.

This site is what *I* consider by far the best site out there for SR info.

www.sr-71.org...

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Yeah that's a much better site than the one with the google map which is the one I meant

I never knew Kalamazoo was in the US, sounds like an Aussie town.

'Every day's a school day' - particularly on ATS

Cheers

S

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Why do people feel the need to fake pics and then spread crappy hoax stories to go with them

Anyway here are some pics I took not long ago that some other ATSrs might enjoy

Article 122 A-12 on the Intrepid in NYC

This is the blue information board in front of it you can see. It shows all the variants of the A-12 and SR71

I scratched out the time stamp in white

[edit on 6-7-2006 by warpboost]

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 07:13 PM
link   
The only thing I don't like about the Intrepid A-12 is that IIRC (and I'm not saying that I'm always right, just that I don't REMEMBER), the A-12 never flew in USAF paint. The A-12 was the Oxcart that was flown by the CIA, but not the USAF. I might be wrong about that though.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 11:10 PM
link   
You're right Zapohod

This is what I found

All A-12 pilots were recruited from USAF fast jet ranks, and following extensive psychological and security screening, they were required to resign their commissions and become ‘employees’ of Lockheed in order to fly for the CIA. According to Ben Rich, the pilots were paid by Lockheed, who in turn were reimbursed by the CIA via personal cheques sent by mail directly to Kelly Johnson’s private address!

source

So imagine that! the most sophisticated top secret black aicraft project at the time was first flown operationally by private contractors, or Lockheed employees

Also gives you a small glimpse of how the CIA can operate if need be.

[edit on 6-7-2006 by warpboost]

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by gfad
I can guarantee that the ppl reading this thread will have more respect for you if you post any image, rather than leaving yourself looking like a liar.

I think that the attention garnered is far more important than the respect earned for some people.

Originally posted by Strangerous
I never knew Kalamazoo was in the US, sounds like an Aussie town.

It's a pretty neat place. Michigan has a lot to offer on the west side of the state.

Originally posted by Zaphod58
... the A-12 never flew in USAF paint.

The probably just put some USAF markings on it so people didn't ask, "Where's the US flag!?
"

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Although the A-12 aircraft were operated by the CIA, they carried USAF markings. Sometimes operational missions were repainted with bogus tail numbers. Article 128 is currently displayed with both types of markings (one on each side).

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 08:12 PM
link   
sorry my post is a little late, but i've seen the sr-71 at march afb in ca and i doubt it can quickly be turned into a flyable aircraft, since anyone can walk up and touch it there is nothing blocking it from people damaging the plane. plus its outdoors sitting in the sun all day the paint is fading i actually feel bad for the plane

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I was on Akrotiri base from the 2/6/2006 for 6 weeks doing contract work overlooking the airfield, there was no SR-71 or anything else flying the missions described here during that period.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join