It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Lockheed Black Bird still in use?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I cannot tell you where this information came from, but if any members of ATS live in Cyprus they could do a little bit of early morning Plane spotting.

What will they see? If their lucky, a Lockheed Black bird being flown out of Akatori (RAF Station). From my source, one lands, the other heads off out over what ever target they are aimed at, but there is always one of them in the air - I trust the source of my information, but I just wondered if any ATS members are in Cypress to see them with the good old mk 1 eyeball?

Any input again would be appreciated.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Take you mean the U-2S "DRAGON LADY" which operates out of Cyprus at RAF Akrotiri

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 09:04 AM
link   
i would assume so, its one of the best spy planes that there ever was. and it is still not that old, but they are probably in the stage of designing a new one, or just using satellites

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 09:13 AM
link   
No i'm well aware of the U-2 being stationed out at Akatori, but it's the SR-71 Black Bird I'm interested in.

The re-fueler allegedly takes off from an airbase over Iraq to meet it (First top up before its mission) and then they dash off where ever they are going to - I'm inclined to actually believe this the more I look around for information. the fuels still being made, the tankers are still available to use and no Black birds?! ... as i say, any memebers out in cypress with sightings ?

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 09:16 AM
link   
All SR-71 Blackbirds are in Museums. There are non flying.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 09:43 AM
link   
The last three SRs were flown by NASA, and were retired several years ago. There are several that are in "flyable storage" condition, but will take months to get back into service.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 09:43 AM
link   
NASA has serveral for their own use.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Interesting, As far as I know all SR-71's are retired in museums though so it would have to be a blackbird thats never been shown to the public in documents or in pictures or spotted.

If you can get to the airbase you should very easily be able to tell if it's a blackbird.. there should be two absolutly massive flames coming out of the back. Also the lights are very distinctive, although there turned off above 60,000ft.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 09:48 AM
link   
They were retired already.

The SR-71 last flight took place in October 1999.

www.nasa.gov...

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 09:59 AM
link   
No disrespect Zaphod but actually I believe that the person who gave me the information about it being in use is a bit more , ahem, truthful than the US Goverment.... They do lie you know?! and this person was interested because they know that i'll dig around, they just gave me a pointer in the right direction... they have two SR-71's at Akatori.

Any how, back into the topic at hand, the fuel is still made, so what are they refueling if not Black Birds?

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   
And it's pretty hard to lie about something like them flying the SR-71. Everyone from the Air Traffic Controllers to the plane spotters, to the dozens of military guys would know about it and it would be blatantly obvious. How are you going to hide a non-stealthy plane flying at Mach 3+ from an air traffic controller? Or are they forcing hundreds of controllers to lie about them flying?

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Zaph thats a prickish response. sorry but think about what you have said there.

"And it's pretty hard to lie about something like them flying the SR-71. Everyone from the Air Traffic Controllers to the plane spotters, to the dozens of military guys would know about it and it would be blatantly obvious. How are you going to hide a non-stealthy plane flying at Mach 3+ from an air traffic controller? Or are they forcing hundreds of controllers to lie about them flying?
"

Mach 4 + aircraft seen by air traffic staff? yes - any talk? not many less than a handful. Faster craft / UFO's seen by air traffic? yep - any talk? not many and continue working as ATC staff.. Secret projects seen by forces staff ? Yep - any talk...nope....see where this is going? people do actually keep secrets mate - Its the fact that a civvie has pointed me in the direction of Akatori and the SR-71 makes me start this thread. I asked for any eye witnesses not people like you towing the goverment line trying to stall / discredit the topic.

So, unless you have any thing constructive to add, like answering why they still make SR-71 fuel and continue to have the tankers for the missions.....STFU.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by MadGreebo

So, unless you have any thing constructive to add, like answering why they still make SR-71 fuel and continue to have the tankers for the missions.....STFU.

hi madgreebo ,

was wondering if you could point me to the source on the jp-7 fuel being still made.

cheers.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 10:56 AM
link   
MadGreebo, I don't know what you're problem is, but you certainly are living up to your name.

Air traffic staff DO talk about wierd lights in the sky and that sort of stuff, there's plenty of documented reportings from them. There hasn't been any about the Blackbird flying around though.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I am tending to think that theese sightings are of "u-2" planes out of akatori.

You would just have to many people seeing them to cover it up , and by the way why would they need to cover it up in the first place ? its not like the sr-71 is a black project anymore.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MadGreebo
Mach 4 + aircraft seen by air traffic staff? yes - any talk? not many less than a handful. Faster craft / UFO's seen by air traffic? yep - any talk? not many and continue working as ATC staff.. Secret projects seen by forces staff ? Yep - any talk...nope....see where this is going? people do actually keep secrets mate - Its the fact that a civvie has pointed me in the direction of Akatori and the SR-71 makes me start this thread. I asked for any eye witnesses not people like you towing the goverment line trying to stall / discredit the topic.

You're right. Claiming that the government doesn't lie about everything means I'm a gov't agent spreading disinfo. Guess what, the burden of proof is on YOU this time my friend. YOU are the one making outlandish claims that they are flying the SR-71 and NO ONE knows about it or is talking about it except the ONE person that you know. Prove it.

Want to know why they might be making JP-7? Because when the KC-135Q that would refuel the SR was flying they would use the tanks that the SR fuel was in, and guess what? Their range was increased by several hundred miles if not more. JP-7 is a better mixture of fuel for them once they are in flight. However, I and at least one other person are still waiting for proof that they ARE still making it. So buck up and bring on the proof.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I started this to ask for any sightings from any ATS members from Cyprus - I never said it was secret, I was saying that i had been told by a civvie that they had been there and seen the SR-71. I then asked if any one had any OTHER eye witness accounts for this.

I asked for more information.

"but I just wondered if any ATS members are in Cypress to see them with the good old mk 1 eyeball?"

So, back to what I was asking - any one seen them at all?

Any input again would be appreciated.

oh and prove it? how can I? I live in the UK not cyprus, and I wasn't the contractor who saw it there....SO....STFU. Oh and Zaphod, please show me where I said you were spreading disinfo -

[edit on 4/6/06 by MadGreebo]

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I have constructive questions :

#1 - is JP7 fuel ONLY used in SR71 ???

#2 are these " mission tankers " you claim are out there ONLY capable of servicing SR71 and no other aircraft ?

#3 does your friend have a camera , if yes why hasnt he posted pics of this " scoop "

#4 why has NO ONE else posted pics to any blog , forum , magazine , jane`s etc etc etc

no disrespect -- but the last " source " you had fed you a steaming pile of bovine digestive biomass

we remember , even if you want to forget

edits for typo

[edit on 4-6-2006 by ignorant_ape]

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I doubt it very much. Home made ufo's are the way to go now. TR3B TR3X...things like that, infact more people report seeing these then reports of Blackbird sightings back in the day.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
i have constructive questions :

#1 - is jp7 fuel ONLY used in SR71 ???

yes a good question,

I believe that a few years ago one of those test scram jet engines used jp-7 as fuel source.

I will search it out.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join