It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Opinion on Anarchy.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Anarchy will not lead to utopia. obviously.

there is no real anarchy in america, no large group that truly practices anarchy, there is only those few radicals that will make the news every great once in a while.
perhaps you would find yourself more comfortable in columbia or some place like , where anarchy is right outside your front door.

without justice there is only ignorance.
i bring socrates virtue of knowledge into this.(look it up if you do not know this theory)

The man who assassinated Abraham Lincoln was a radical anarchist, and assassination is another example of being ignorant to virtue.
this site is to deny ignorance. and im going to do so with this thread. anarchy is ignorance.

and so im clear the definition of Anarchy is as followed :

1. Absence of any form of political authority.
2. Political disorder and confusion.
3. Absence of any cohesive principle, such as a common standard or purpose.

but we all know utopia cannot be made without any form of political structure.

I really don't see how one would support a group that has killed many for there veiws to have no government. there backbone behind murder is to cause an unstable government or even no government at all? chaos is what you ask for? wrong doing is only done by ignorance.

[edit on 4-6-2006 by SIOFundialed]

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Sir you have made some very excellent points, but mainly from one point of view.

Try looking at this like it's Jedi Politics.

The Rebels wanted to tear down the Imperial Army because they didn't like what they stood for, and they fought for what they believed in.

If you believe in something so much, undialed, would you not fight for it?

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 03:39 AM
link   
i believe in Americas government. i may not be on the street bashing in car lights and breaking windows, but im certainly striking a mad point here. hell, id laugh if we had a black anarchist argue against this, being a radical anarchist killed good `ol Abe.

maybe we can get together sometime and go fight america citizens and politicians for a reason we dont even have.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I agree with you, anarchy is the most stupid thing ever. Most people that "believe" in anarchism are confused teenagers.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I am no anarchist but here is a quote from your beloved abraham lincoln

If there be those who would not save the Union, unless they could at the same time save slavery, I do not agree with them. If there be those who would not save the Union unless they could at the same time destroy slavery, I do not agree with them. My paramount objective in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that. What I do about slavery, and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union; and what I forbear, I forbear because I do not believe it would help to save the Union.

Anarchy is not the system that will lead us to utopia, but i believe some aspects of anrchism have virtue. To say that anarchists are "confused teenagers" show syour ignorance. Also there are alot of anarchists that do not condone violence, and just believe purely in the dissolvement of the state. I believe in the total opposite, that the state should control the means of production, but it does not mean that all anarchist ideals are without merit.

Anarchy in todays age seems ridiculous and crazy. But in other times in history it has been a great political model. One i can think of off the top of my head is ancient china, because of its huge land mass many of the farmer peasents never even knew that a government existed as they had no contact with people outside their village, or a small few, and they lived happy peaceful lives.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 07:36 PM
link   
The reason why I like Anarchy is that it is,

Originally posted by SIOFundialed
1. Absence of any form of political authority.

People are greedy, it is our nature.
The greediest of people want as much power as they can. So they become politicians.
The job of a leader is to look out for everyone they lead not to fill their own pockets with wealth.
Never before has so few ruled over so many. They choose which of us get the privilege to prosper, it should be the other way around.
If we didn’t have such corrupted leaders maybe I wouldn’t favor anarchy.

new topics

top topics

join