It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soldier shot in the leg during bullet "resistant" vest test

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 11:34 AM
link   
in the "split video" he wasnt reacting to the bullet, it looks more as if he was pulling the plate down to see if there was a bullet.

also as you say you feel it more if he was hit in the leg, this being a through an through shot, it looks more as if his leg was broken/shattered his leg, as is "bends" backwards.

also unless uve been hit by a bullet you would have no idea if blood would spray out the back or front. even though blood came out his body, the BDU he was wearing would of stopped most of that blood, an you wouldnt even be able to tell the color.

also unlike some may think just becauses its hot there the BDU's are not thinner material, its actually slightly thicker. so it would stop blood from leaking out,getting in, an dry liquids that touch it very fast.

[edit on 6-6-2006 by DalairTheGreat]

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Please buddy dont try to save it, its NOT real. You are right, I never have been shot before, but I HAVE shot someone before. Also, if you watch the video closely, HE IS NOT MOVING THE PLATE TO SEE IF IT GOT SHOT, HE IS THROWING THE PLATE ON THE GROUND BECAUSE HE WAS "ACTING" LIKE HE GOT SHOT. If you dont see that, then you are BLIND.

THIS IS FAKE. THE BULLET IS TO SLOW. AND THEY ARE ULTRA BAD ACTORS.

Like I said before, if he really got shot in the leg with an AK-47, he wouldn't just say "OW!", he would YELL at the top of his lungs in pain for about an hour.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   
he could have just as easily passed out from the shock.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   

this actually happened an the afghan soldier was mis-interpereted(sp) he though he was suppose to shoot the soldier in the chest thinking he was wearing the vest.

If that is the case then why is the soldier holding the plate over his head. Dalair, what proof do you have that this is real. if you are going by just ur eyeball you cannot without a shadow of a doubt believe that video. Ive seen 10x more information disputing it than your ITS REAL TRUST ME. u lost ur trust along time ago with ur dads ammo cache remember.

remember you also have to put in account the wind for the slight slowness an sway of the bullet.

Please...its about 100yds its not half a mile... an ak round will not be that affected at that short of a distance, unless a sandstorm was flowing and i see no such evidence.

dont try to make it look like you know what your talking about,because you dont.

LMFAO and you have shown one shred of proof you know what ur talking about??? Please.... i dont frakin think so. LAES YVAN laid down a bunch more scientific evidence than you. Maybe think before you open your mouth.

I have been shot in the leg and ill post up a pic 2nite. it was a 38rnd that went through a car door and i can frakin tell you.. i said alot more than OW.... a 7.62mm rnd can and will destroy the legbones if it hits one. straight through??...nope sorry, the velocity alone tears it apart. try looking at shock jelly with thigh bones being shot from ak rnds....can u say explosive exit, sure i knew ya could. Also, an AK at a distance is a very accurate rifle i dont care what anyone says. Someone that shall remain nameless uses one in kettleman city pickin off ground hogs at bout 700yds. How is that possible in a windy area like that...hi velocity Dalair. Looks like your the one that doesnt know what hes talking about but would like to think you do. what is it you told Yvan....oh ya....BECAUSE YOU DONT

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xenophobe
Nice analysis LAES,

You have been voted for the Way Above Top Secret award.

T.Y.

And yes, DalairTheGreat , show us some evidence that this is real. It would be nice if you could explain why a 7.62x39mm AK-47 round took 80 hundredths of a second to travel such a short distance. When they normally travel 1864 feet in that amount of time.

-edit spelling-

[edit on 7-6-2006 by LAES YVAN]

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Nice Reply LAES, Althought i dont think it is a real video, if it is real it is as funny as, defenitly one for Afgani Home Videos

One reason why i do not think it is real is

1: The bullet seems to move slow, not that i have fired a gun but from LAES' post.
2: When the "target" is shouting back at the camera man is it just me or is there extra disturbance in the sound, maybe they added the reply in afterwards??
3: When the guy is shot, the interpriter is laughing, i know i wouldnt be if someone just got shot by an AK, also just after the slow-mo reply the shooter just looks at his feet and from what i can see looks like he is about to turn around. Now this would be the last thing i would do if i had just shot someone in the leg.
4: Finally, the slow motion doesnt do anything to back up the video, not only can i hardly see anything but i cannot see an impact, or a large enought impact to represent a 7.62mm round.

So i am going to have to say, i believe it is a fake.
~[JAY]~

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Ah, someone else who heard the giggle when the soldier was shot. I have had the honor of serving in the United States Army, and got to fire plenty of different types of weapons. Safety was always the VERY FIRST priority in anything and everything we did.

I also call BS.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join