It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you could eat any food for one week.......

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I know all of you want to.............eat any food you want for a whole week. So why not tell me, what would you eat for each of the 7 days?

I'll begin:

Monday-some Russian food consisting of shashliki, piroshki, and kalbasa on toasted rhye bread

Tuesday-some chinese food consisting of beef and brocolli, sweet and sour soup, and seafood which includes:crab, lobster, oyster, fishballs, shrimp, octopus

Wednesday-Eat a KFC meal consisting of a big piece of spicy fried chicken breast, potato wedges, biscuit, and a raspberry ice tea drink

Thursday-the best large beef and mushroom topped pizza in the world

Friday-A simple sandwitch of toasted garlic french bread, australian lobster, cow tongue, roast beef, lettuce, and tomato(the sandwitch is 2 ft long.)

Saturday- some mexican beef toquitos and some mexican tacos with ground beef and lettuce, plus medium totinos salsa and some tortilla chips

Sunday-Unleash my desire for sweets with some Kiev torte, a chocolate mouser ice cream cake, baked warm chocalate chip cookies, a Snickers candybar(gotta have one), some drumstick ice cream cones, and a strawberry milkshake

Well, that's what I would wish for. Matter of fact, that's what EVERY Russian soldier wishes for. Now tell me what YOU would want to eat for a whole week.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I could eat pizza or spaghetti all week and nver get tired of it.

Mexican food comes in second... I love hot stuff!

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 12:15 AM
link   
pizza for a whole week? I like variaty. I thought you were more creative then that

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I am, I could have i different topping every day
( on the pixxa, that is)

[edit on 6/4/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Still comes down to dough, margarita sauce, and cheese.

Guess what? I don't like cheese but I eat pizza. I've mentioned this before. Its weird. I also like sour cream chips, but don't like sour cream. I like mango nectar, but I don't like mango. I don't like ranch, but I eat ranch corn nuts
, Oh yeah, I also LOVE cheez its, their my favorite snack (the original, or Big)

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 02:36 AM
link   
If I could eat any food that I really wanted I'd have a pretty varied menu.

I'd start off with my Monday menu by having corned beef, sliced thin and pile high on fresh caraway seed rye. God I love corned beef. You don't have to be Jewish to love Jewish "soul food". A nice bottle of Dutch or Lithuanian beer would top this off nicely

Tuesdays my pick would have to be Kugali, a Lithuanian dish that my Mom used to make. It's a minced potato cake, baked in the oven and served with a rich bacon sauce. I know, it sounds yech to the Western palate but oh man is it good....and filling. Naturally, I'd wash it down with some Lithuanian beer.

Wednesdays, keeping on the theme of my Mom's Lithuanian favorites, I'd have to have cold beet soup -- borscht. Served cold with sour cream and a hot potato. A hunk of fresh sour dough rye bread smeared with butter would top this traditional Baltic meal. Again, to Western tastes this might not sound appealing but don't knock it until you try it. Naturally, I'd wash it down with some Lithuanian beer.

Thursdays I probably could go for baked sausage and sourkraut. Not necessarily a Lithuanian dish, this is traditional fare for many Eastern Europeans. Of course, this would include hot boiled potatoes sprinkled with caraway seeds and some fresh sour dough rye bread. Naturally, I'd wash it down with some Lithuanian beer.

Fridays I think I would go Middle Eastern with a fatoush salad and some chicken or beef shwarma. Oh and I'd have to, you guessed it, wash it down with a nice Lithuanian or Dutch beer .

Saturdays, well I'd go for stuffed cabbage, baked in the oven with a tangy tomato sauce and naturally, I'd wash it down with some Lithuanian beer.

On Sunday, I could easily go for a sack of White Castle hamburgers. I know that I always regret eating these tasty little burgers ... 'burb"....but hey it's a fantasy menu right.

I know that this menu might not sound very appealing to most but lately I've been craving foods from my childhood. The Lithuanian foods, well, that's easy. It's stuff that my mom used to make. The middle eastern foods have always been a favorite of mine. I grew up in Detroit near Dearborn. Dearborn has a large diaspora of people from the Middle East and I used to go there all the time to feast on the varied Menus of Lebanon, Syria and Iraq. White Castle burgers? Well, what can I say? Those damned little burgers rock.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Wow, I don't think I can even start contmeplating what kind of food I would have if I had that kind of choice. It would be a lot easier to list things I wouldn't want to eat:

NO - German Sausages. Sausages should be meaty, tasty, savoury. They should not be rubbery, sweet or "funky" smelling. That goes for "baloney" too, what kind of meat is that? Vulgar meat, thats what, worse than spam.

- Red Wine Sauce. I like Sauces, and I occasionaly like Red Wine, but put them together and your on the path to food hell.

- Horseradish Sauce. I'm not a fan of mustard, but I'd eat a tub of the stuff before I touch this stuff. What is it with condiments that taste like a bad, gone off herb you found growing in the chicken shed?

- Grapefruit. Tastes like drinking dirty dishwater mixed with lemon juice.

- Rubbery Cheese. Cheese should only ever be strong, crumbly and melt-in-your-mouth. I can't stand the rubbery, tastless, offensive variety, unless it's "nuked" and melted onto a burger. That's different.

- Chipolatas/Thin Sausages. Almost as bad as the german sausages, the thinner the sausage, the more "sticky" and rubbery, and tasteless, it gets. Bad sausages.

- Roast Chicken flavour Crisps (Chips in USA) - The very worst flavour.

But that's enough moaning. What I could eat for a whole week would be Lucky Charms.....if only they sold them over here

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
If I could eat any food that I really wanted I'd have a pretty varied menu.

I'd start off with my Monday menu by having corned beef, sliced thin and pile high on fresh caraway seed rye. God I love corned beef. You don't have to be Jewish to love Jewish "soul food". A nice bottle of Dutch or Lithuanian beer would top this off nicely

Tuesdays my pick would have to be Kugali, a Lithuanian dish that my Mom used to make. It's a minced potato cake, baked in the oven and served with a rich bacon sauce. I know, it sounds yech to the Western palate but oh man is it good....and filling. Naturally, I'd wash it down with some Lithuanian beer.

Wednesdays, keeping on the theme of my Mom's Lithuanian favorites, I'd have to have cold beet soup -- borscht. Served cold with sour cream and a hot potato. A hunk of fresh sour dough rye bread smeared with butter would top this traditional Baltic meal. Again, to Western tastes this might not sound appealing but don't knock it until you try it. Naturally, I'd wash it down with some Lithuanian beer.

Thursdays I probably could go for baked sausage and sourkraut. Not necessarily a Lithuanian dish, this is traditional fare for many Eastern Europeans. Of course, this would include hot boiled potatoes sprinkled with caraway seeds and some fresh sour dough rye bread. Naturally, I'd wash it down with some Lithuanian beer.

Fridays I think I would go Middle Eastern with a fatoush salad and some chicken or beef shwarma. Oh and I'd have to, you guessed it, wash it down with a nice Lithuanian or Dutch beer .

Saturdays, well I'd go for stuffed cabbage, baked in the oven with a tangy tomato sauce and naturally, I'd wash it down with some Lithuanian beer.

On Sunday, I could easily go for a sack of White Castle hamburgers. I know that I always regret eating these tasty little burgers ... 'burb"....but hey it's a fantasy menu right.

I know that this menu might not sound very appealing to most but lately I've been craving foods from my childhood. The Lithuanian foods, well, that's easy. It's stuff that my mom used to make. The middle eastern foods have always been a favorite of mine. I grew up in Detroit near Dearborn. Dearborn has a large diaspora of people from the Middle East and I used to go there all the time to feast on the varied Menus of Lebanon, Syria and Iraq. White Castle burgers? Well, what can I say? Those damned little burgers rock.

Borsh? We have that in Russia,too!!!!!Its made of beets, and has other vegetables, and beef. I don't like it, but I used to eat it. My parents ate it with sour cream, but I didn't. It goes best with rhye bread scrubbed with garlic, but now, I don't like it anymore. I'd prefer seeweed soup, sweet and sour soup, or chicken and rice soup.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32
I could eat pizza or spaghetti all week and nver get tired of it.

Mexican food comes in second... I love hot stuff!

I kinda like hot stuff, too. My favorite is to eat tortilla chips with only TOSTITOS salsa. That's the only salsa I like, but its so good I finish it within 1 or 2 days. I can't eat the chips without salsa, and I can't eat salsa without chips. They go together.mmmmmmmmm.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   
i'd pretty much agree with mechanic , i'd have pizza or spaghetti every day and some lasagne, beef lasagne mmmmmmmmmm...... so good.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Russian soldier
My favorite is to eat tortilla chips with only TOSTITOS salsa. That's the only salsa I like, but its so good I finish it within 1 or 2 days. .

1 or 2 days?
If I eat tortilla chips and salsa, it does'nt last past the next hour! And don't forget nachos! MMMmmmm! Especially if you get them where they pile everything on 'em! I'm getting hungry now....

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by chebob
Wow, I don't think I can even start contmeplating what kind of food I would have if I had that kind of choice. It would be a lot easier to list things I wouldn't want to eat:

NO - German Sausages. Sausages should be meaty, tasty, savoury. They should not be rubbery, sweet or "funky" smelling. That goes for "baloney" too, what kind of meat is that? Vulgar meat, thats what, worse than spam.

- Red Wine Sauce. I like Sauces, and I occasionaly like Red Wine, but put them together and your on the path to food hell.

- Horseradish Sauce. I'm not a fan of mustard, but I'd eat a tub of the stuff before I touch this stuff. What is it with condiments that taste like a bad, gone off herb you found growing in the chicken shed?

- Grapefruit. Tastes like drinking dirty dishwater mixed with lemon juice.

- Rubbery Cheese. Cheese should only ever be strong, crumbly and melt-in-your-mouth. I can't stand the rubbery, tastless, offensive variety, unless it's "nuked" and melted onto a burger. That's different.

- Chipolatas/Thin Sausages. Almost as bad as the german sausages, the thinner the sausage, the more "sticky" and rubbery, and tasteless, it gets. Bad sausages.

- Roast Chicken flavour Crisps (Chips in USA) - The very worst flavour.

But that's enough moaning. What I could eat for a whole week would be Lucky Charms.....if only they sold them over here

lol I'd agree with you on most of those apart from the sausages but thats just me. Horseradish not too fond of myself but lovely in a M&S rare beef, horseradish and mustard sarnie. My dad crazy abotu horseradish, if my mum makes roast beef and there's no horseradish he get in a strop. I remember when I was little (a long time ago) at christmas we had beef instead of turkey and there was no horseradish so he got in his car while we were sitting at the table and went out searching for somewhere that sold it. He did find it but it took him 2 1/2 hours !!!!

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Hey Russian Soldier
Of course the Russians have Borscht too. Borscht, or beet soup, is reputedly of Polish origin but most Eastern Europe; Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Byelorus, the Ukraine and Western Russians can also lay claim to this wonderful soup -- especially when it is served cold.

You mentioned that your parents ate a variety with beef in it. That must be a Russian variant. The sort of Borscht -- Saltibarsciai in Lithuanian -- that I am familiar with from the meals that my Lithuanian mother made, has no meat. It is strictly a vegetarian dish.

Saltibarsciai (or Lithuanian Cold Beet Soup)
8 cups cold buttermilk
1 medium cucumber, sliced into thick matchsticks
3 medium beets, boiled, peeled, and cut into thick matchsticks
2 eggs, hardboiled, sliced into matchstick shapes (as best you can!)
1/4 cup scallions, chopped
1 Tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
salt and pepper to taste

Whisk the buttermilk in a large bowl, then add the rest of the ingredients. You may add cold water or ice cubes. The chopped fresh dill is sprinkled on top of the soup.

It is traditionally served cold with a large hot boiled potato in the center of the bowl. The contrast between the hot potato and the cold soup is incredible, filling and delicioius. It's a great meal to eat on a hot summer day. It's refreshing and easy to make. It even tastes better the next day after it's made.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
Hey Russian Soldier
Of course the Russians have Borscht too. Borscht, or beet soup, is reputedly of Polish origin but most Eastern Europe; Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Byelorus, the Ukraine and Western Russians can also lay claim to this wonderful soup -- especially when it is served cold.

You mentioned that your parents ate a variety with beef in it. That must be a Russian variant. The sort of Borscht -- Saltibarsciai in Lithuanian -- that I am familiar with from the meals that my Lithuanian mother made, has no meat. It is strictly a vegetarian dish.

Saltibarsciai (or Lithuanian Cold Beet Soup)
8 cups cold buttermilk
1 medium cucumber, sliced into thick matchsticks
3 medium beets, boiled, peeled, and cut into thick matchsticks
2 eggs, hardboiled, sliced into matchstick shapes (as best you can!)
1/4 cup scallions, chopped
1 Tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
salt and pepper to taste

Whisk the buttermilk in a large bowl, then add the rest of the ingredients. You may add cold water or ice cubes. The chopped fresh dill is sprinkled on top of the soup.

It is traditionally served cold with a large hot boiled potato in the center of the bowl. The contrast between the hot potato and the cold soup is incredible, filling and delicioius. It's a great meal to eat on a hot summer day. It's refreshing and easy to make. It even tastes better the next day after it's made.
What?!?!? Served cold? Everyone I know eats it hot! That's a new one to me-cold soup.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32

My favorite is to eat tortilla chips with only TOSTITOS salsa. That's the only salsa I like, but its so good I finish it within 1 or 2 days. .

1 or 2 days?
If I eat tortilla chips and salsa, it does'nt last past the next hour! And don't forget nachos! MMMmmmm! Especially if you get them where they pile everything on 'em! I'm getting hungry now....

Ok ok, a normal sized jar of Totinos salsa I can probably finish within 2 or 3 hours. But sometimes I try to conserve some for the next day, so I only eat half and save the other half for the next day. The days I have more then one jar of this salsa and more then one giant bag of Tortilla chips, I usually finish it within a few hours. I eat ALOT, and that's bad. I'm muscular, I don't want to get fat
maybe I should go on another diet. ooooo, candy, forget that, I'll go on a diet tomorrow..........that's how I go on a diet
I gotta try harder, but anyway, my 7 day meal plan is very cool. I'd do almost anything to get it! You guys should get more fancy, pick the foods that are rarest to you, pick the most delicious once in a lifetime treats. Then, when everyone makes up their own week of deliciousy, we shall have a vote to see who has the most creative and delicious 7 day plan of food. Get creative, comrades!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Still comes down to dough, margarita sauce, and cheese.

Guess what? I don't like cheese but I eat pizza. I've mentioned this before. Its weird. I also like sour cream chips, but don't like sour cream.

I'm the same;; I HATE cheese but I like pizza, macaroni and cheese, and cheetoes;; I hate sour cream but I like all kinds of sour cream chips. I hate jalapenos, but I love anything that's jalapeno flavored.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I hate macaroni and cheese, but I like cheetos. I LOVE Jalopeneos! Especially on shrimp!!! With garlic! And some spices! Baked to perfection! Crap, I'm making myself hungry
. I'll be back in a second, gonna get something to eat.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Im so hungry right now, guurgle.. Well, if I could have anything for a week, it would likely consist of chinese food, sub sandwiches, milk shakes, and fruit. Well, time to go make some food, thanks for helping me eat when im not hungry BTS.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I'm so surprised. No one is mentioning expensive, once in a lifetime delicousies. I did say after all that the food you eat the whole week is FREE. Not like you have to pay. I know, if I had to pay for a week's worth of food, I'd eat crumbs and scraps

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 11:38 PM
link   
lot of things i could do a week of

sushi
fajitas
pizza
lasagna
steak
new earth born child (sorry its 6/6/06)

hamburgers
turkey

[edit on 5-6-2006 by Lysergic]