It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the USSR use Mind Control Technology on its Citizens?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 11:04 PM
link   
How else do you explain a Centrally-Planned Economy? Who were these Central Planners? Is China doing the same thing?

By mind-control technology, I mean images (TV or otherwise) or language (radio or otherwise) directly or indirectly installed into a citizen's brain.

Is the human brain brain becoming technology or is technology becoming the human brain?

If the USA resorts to mind-control technology for some or all its citizens, we are doomed.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Yes, I suppose they did use mind control. However, their tools were fear, greed and propaganda, not radio waves or magnets. They were a secretive society which made people disappear very easily. At the same time, all the media was state controlled, so only specific information could get to the masses. If you were in the leadership, your goal was to get higher. If you tried to expose a lie or try to fix the system, someone below you would take advantage, you'd disappear or be publically denounced and that person below you would move up in the system.

People who questioned the system were not exactly enemies of the state, they were a potential promotion for someone below or even above them. Thus, people stayed in line and did whatever the party and state told them to do.

--that's the really simplified version

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Im sure they did but big deal. It happens here every single day in every place you can find fomr NYC to a one horse town..Cell towers are not for cell phones. They emmit ELF's that get right in there and fuzz you out.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Census, any proof of this?

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Proof can often enough come from observation.

I hope you find the following useful:

If you think those millions of new neighborhood towers around the globe are for cellphones, here are some questions you can ask yourself, assuming that you'd like to break free from old, self-limiting programming and the What To Think Network:

1)Why is cellphone reception disrupted near all of the towers, and was generally better before they were erected, four years ago?

2) Why are no towers at all seen in the countryside in some areas where cell reception is excellent?

3) Why are most of these eyesores in neighborhoods, typically next to schools, hospitals, office buildings, factories, malls, stadia, etc., where the most people gather at one time? Why, for that matter, are a few of them in the upscale neighborhoods clumsily disguised as gigantic trees?

source

Mod Edit: See this link and this link and please cite your sources.

[edit on 6/4/06/04 by junglejake]

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 11:50 PM
link   
#1: It was better 4 years ago?
It sure wasn't in Chicago...

#2: Just because a tower's not visible doesn't mean it's not helping with your reception. There's also the factor of interference. Cities have a lot more radio waves in the air than bumbleberg, USA.

Out of curiosity, what areas are you talking about, though? Most rural areas I travel through in Wisconsin have terrible reception.

#3: Well, I would assume that is done because cell phone service providers want to provide the best reception where the most people are. I've never seen a cell tower disguised as a gigantic tree, but those upscale neighborhoods can be funny places -- restrictions on color of house, design, yard, grass length, etc. Lot of focus on the superficial.

#4: Are they? Understandable if they are, in that you want to ensure your clients with the money to travel to such places have the ability to make phone calls on your service, as they tend to be influential with other people, but I'd like to see some evidence of this claim.

#5: Uh...Kuwait? One of the richest nations in the world? Beijing? One of the biggest, if not the biggest new market for western business? Every block?

#6: We have satellite phones here, too. Digital instead of analog; newer technology. You do tend to get better reception, but still have holes and the weather can effect reception.

I'm assuming you've been to all of these places, though? You're stating geographic locations across the globe and stating it in such a way as though to imply everyone already knows this. I'm not accepting a lot of your assumptions, but I'll run with them anyway

#15: Carol? Uhoh...Did you rip this from another website? I'll have to get back to you on the rest...

[edit on 6/4/06/04 by junglejake]

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Census
19) If this disturbs you, what will you do about it?

It is this statement that truly proves that mind control has had it's hold over the American people now for decades.

If JFK had lived and died a century ago and the percentage of people that disbelieved the official version was what it is today (74% at the latest poll, 12% unsure Link) and believed that the government was implicated, would there have been a revolution?

"I know of no safe depository of the ultimate powers of society but the people themselves, and if we think them not enlightened enough to exercise their control with a wholesome discretion, the remedy is not to take it from them, but to inform their discretion by education."

- Thomas Jefferson

"In the technotronic society the trend would seem to be towards the aggregation of the individual support of millions of uncoordinated citizens, easily within the reach of magnetic and attractive personalities effectively exploiting the latest communication techniques to manipulate emotions and control reason."

- Zbigniew Brzezinski
National Security
Advisor to
Jimmy Carter

Originally posted by junglejake
However, their tools were fear, greed and propaganda

I do believe that this is the same method incorporated in the U.S.A.

[edit on 4-6-2006 by Beelzebubba]

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I'll pick it up again because this is fun
No idea how the #15 question was the one I cut instead of #7, though. Apparently, my incompetence knows no limits!

#7: Not everyone ones a digital satellite phone. Thankfully, cell phone service providers haven't gone the route of Microsoft by getting rid of any ability to use old technology and forcing everyone to buy a new product.

#8: You(?) don't think cell phone companies are in a bitter war for market share? Why bother with the advertising, then? Now, money was spent to set up networks, and yes, cell service is getting cheaper. If you can sell 5 phones for $1,000 a piece, or 500 for $100 a piece, which would you do to make more money?

#9: heh. I...I don't know what to say. Uh...It doesn't and they are spelled "contrails"?

#10: Really. A bomb or artillery. Well, I never tried blowing up the chain link fence before, but assumed it was as strong as your typical chain link fence. They don't connect to the power grid? Do you have a power line running into your house visibly? Did you test to see if it has power? Did you discover where this power was coming from?

#11: so...um...Yeah. If you believe what is being said in #11, there is nothing I could ever say to convince you otherwise.

#12: Again with the bunkers.
The French are doing what, now? This is getting better and better!
This says otherwise, but maybe it's classified information.

#13: No one knows? Many towers are also used as broadcast relays for radio signals, too. If you're building a tower, and it's costing billions of dollars while you're making cell usage cheaper, wouldn't it make sense to rent or sell space to other companies for your tower?

#14: You...um...I'll tell you what. I'm going to take my cell phone and a friend's cell phone, call one or the other, and leave an egg between them. If it is suddenly cooked, I'll reassess all of these answers.

#16: (Remember, #15 was an admission that Carol broke the law) What does it mean to be energy sensitive?

#17: Ahh, they're death transmitters now. most were build in the fall of 2001? Ah-hah! They were used to bring down the World Trade Center!

#18: they're disabled? Interesting, could that be because the demand for cell reception has lessened since satellite phones came into use but the companies didn't want to invest in taking down the microwave antennas? What makes you think they're disabled? No mention of them? Do a google search for "cell phone tower" and check out how many stories you have in regards to them.

#19: What disturbs me is the spin and the interestingly gradual movement into the extreme while appearing to be reasonable at question 1. It's a nice trick, you start with something reasonable that someone will agree with, and slowly become more bizarre and more extreme as you go through your response. After all, cell phone tower became death transmitter around question #17. What's even more disturbing is that people fall for this. Finally, what's most disturbing is that you were either making a claim that you and someone else broke the law, lying to us, or plagiarizing from another site in such a way as to take credit for it yourself.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   
One might consider Stalin's "Cult Of Personality" as mind control. It was used in education throughout the country to raise future Communists and comrades who will be ready to die defending the motherland. Not unlike the Hitler Youth organizations in Germany. I doubt there was much in terms of mind control beyond that.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 06:49 PM
link   
They would need to, The KGB had people under control.

EVen from reports after the fall of the soviet union, a lot of people still want the communsit to come back because they provided secruity

top topics

join