It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Soul?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 08:21 AM
link   
What do you think soul is or are there such thing at all?
What it contains? your memory, feelings, scills, personality?
What would happen if your soul would be put in some ones elses body.
But then isnt your brains storage for memorys an such things then again.
I think it might just contain "your self", nether scills, memorys or feelings but only your true self.
Im not religious but think that berehaps there are only have been truly only few souls in the world and when you die the soul is getting in some other human body in birth. Then you have always been here and always will be.
Im not sure is there have been any topics for soul before sinse im new member but...

[Edited on 22-10-2003 by Hanza]

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 08:27 AM
link   
but that is only if you have tried to know it...
it is a very dainting task and there are numerous attempts for you to "loose" it...
when you start to recgonize that these attempts are taking place more than likely, you will have attained the ability to recgonize your "soul"...

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 08:36 AM
link   
New folks: Don't forget there are a million or so posts here and if you just hit the search you might find the answers to your queries

nonetheless..welcome and enjoy your time here and click the link below for some interesting views from members and *cough* "no longer members", of what the soul is~

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Magestica

posted on Oct, 23 2003 @ 02:45 PM
link   
The Word of God is the original Soul. Adam was created in this Word, in the likeness and shape of God. And God breathed into his nostrils (gave him a spirit) and he became a living soul.

According to ancient Hebrew beliefs, the soul is connected to speech and language. The ability to speek, read and write. Hence God hears every thought and judge every soul for it's transgressions and rewards every soul for it's good deeds. You can liken the Judgement with a set of scales, where you good and bad deeds will be weighed and you are either judged good or wicked from your faith and deeds. The fruit of the Tree of Wisdom, may have been the skills to read and write. Satan has his throne in Pergamon. It was in Pergamon they invented parchment when the Egyptians regulated the export of papyrus. The water source in Pergamon served was lukewarm, hence the referance in Revelation about how God will spit them out if they don't repent, becaus they were neither warm nor cold, but lukewarm.

Edit: Traditionally angels have no soul, for they are living spirits, not living souls, created from fire, not dust or clay. They don't think for themselves, but work to guide Man through the plan of God, they are servants of Him who holds the Word, the pre-Creational Soul, and the Word itself.

Edit 2: In other words, the soul is our free will. We are like God and see the difference between good and evil, and judgebetween it. We have a free will to either follow the path of Light or the Path of Darkness. We are in control of our own destinies.

Edit 3: The temple of Pergamon was a combined Zeus (sky god/Satan) and Asklepios (god of medicine and healing holding a serpend entwined staff).

Blessings,
Mikromarius

[Edited on 23-10-2003 by mikromarius]

posted on Oct, 23 2003 @ 03:07 PM
link   
soul = the operator (the real you)
body = the vehicle (your temporary form)

posted on Oct, 23 2003 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Something that black people have.

posted on Oct, 23 2003 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel

That was a perfect comment Colonel and yes white people can actually possess *soul* too..don't you see us out there dancing our soul away on the dance floors?

posted on Oct, 23 2003 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Yeah, I do...with the overbite. I was just joshin.

posted on Oct, 23 2003 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Good one, bro! It really made my day!

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Oct, 23 2003 @ 04:49 PM
link   
As far as I'm concerned, the soul is your consciousness, and your spirit is your life essence - or that which "ascends into heaven", "becomes one with God, the Tao", or whatever else your beliefs may teach about the spirit. The body is the vehicle for both.

posted on Oct, 23 2003 @ 05:17 PM
link   
In ancient Egyptian stories, the Creator was Hu-Hu as I have mentioned already. According to the legend Orion was the first thing he created (by his first breath) and the Sun was the last (by his last breath). According to the same legends the constallation of Orion is called the Soul of Osiris. The name of the Creator in Egyptian tales somehow makes me think about Santa Clause for his "Ho-Ho, are there any good children here?" And God knows, perhaps there is a link here. He rides a flying chariot and lives under Stella Polaris, a star that didn't go off unnoticed in ancient Egypt. They believed that the souls of the pharaos went up to that area of the Heavens, the dark spot around which all of Heaven turned. Stella Polaris was called the Dragon Star or the Dog Star. One of the shafts in the Great Pyramid is fixed towards this point of the night sky.

Edit: Perhaps Santa Clause is the "Ra of the New World", the modern Sungod? Ra was the Sungod in ancient Egypt. In Mesopotamia he was Ba'al, in Rome he was Sol Invictus (whom the Catholics tried to perswade Constantine into believing was Jesus). Sol Invictvs' holy day was the 25th of December, the day of celebration of the Sun's rebirth after winter solstice. In Norway we don't have Santa Clause, we have Julenissen or the "wheelgnome". Jul or Jol is an ancient winter solsitce festival with it's roots way back in the Norse times of the Vikings and Odin and Thor. Jul means wheel (Old: Jol, modern: Hjul) and points towards the circular motion of the Sun and the calendar. It has nothing to do with Jesus at all. The ways of the Church has always been to take the hethen festivals and dress them up in "proper cloathing" to dress up wolves in sheep's cloathing so to speek. And it works for them, for they don't see why false festivals and Sabbaths could threaten the authority of God. Their way of keeping the "peace" is like lukewarm water, they celebrate both Ba'al and Jesus, dressing Ba'al up like Jesus and Jesus up like Ba'al. It's a sin and a disgrace. Wormwood doesn't become any less leathal if you call it water and say it has the same properties. The only thing you'll get in return is a bunch of sick children who thought it was bread they got when their fathers served them snakes and toads.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

Edit2: Just removed some filth from the keyboard demon. Go away already! Verywell....

posted on Oct, 23 2003 @ 10:50 PM
link   
James Brown, now that's soul!

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Colonel that was good.
I dont believe in a soul, but thats mainly because i have a very scientific way of thinking. Basically if you can't see it or proves its there scientifically then there isnt a soul, then i generally put it in as new age rubbish
Just how i think.

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy

Funky Mama! Shakin' dad azz! Shakin' dad azz!

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikromarius

Blessings,
Mikromarius

That's PRINCE & THE NPG!

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikromarius

Blessings,
Mikromarius

That's PRINCE & THE NPG!

Whatever funky stuff anyway. Btw mr. Brown is known to be hell working for. So I don't care so much for the guy appart from the fact that he has given me many cool memories up through the years. James Brown rules, no doubt about that....

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 03:27 PM
link   
A scene from Undercover Brother....

"Blackness confirmed....you've got soul!"

Hehe, sorry, Colonel's comment reminded me of it...

top topics

join