It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy to fight a Conspiracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Would it be possible to fight the forces of political corruption in the United States by engineering a counter-conspiracy?

All nations rise and fall. This is a historical fact. Those nations that recover from their crash do so with a different or "evolved" government. Those societiesthat do not reform resort to revolt. In a few rare cases, the revolt fails and hte nation-state dis-integrates as smaller countries are created.

It's a known fact that today's U.S. government is populated by corrupt politicians and bureaucrats. Given enough time, tehse greedy people can and will bring down the government,. which will force reform or revolt.

Should a group of conspirators go out of their way to pack the Federal government with corrupt leaders to speed up this process? The mechanics of the thing aren't that sophisticated. Most of it would turn on the application of money and basic Machievellian tatics.

Doing this now, as opposed to later on, might lessen the likelihood of revolution. If the chances for reform are better, it might mean less bloodshed and a happier future for those who survived the transition.

I've already staked out my own position on this theory, but I'd be interested to hear other opinions.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Here is just one example of how this might work, taken from something I wrote some time ago.

Using a carefully groomed and monitored political consultancy to dispense money and advise, a small number of people should be able to target House and Senate races across the country. Through a deliberate process of investigation, these conspirators would find out who is the dirtiest candidate. Then, they would steer campaign contributions and strategic political advice to the individual.

In certain cases, a little outsider independent action would be necessary by covert capable individuals to perform tasks of espionage, sabotage, and media-specific muck raking. If you like, you may assume that assasination is not out of bounds.

In this scenario, you'd be looking at something on the order of twenty years to make it work. It may not be enough to simply pack the congress with carpet-baggers. You may have to ensure that one specific political party had an unbreakable majority in both houses.

Any poliitcal party that found itself with uncontested control of both House and Senate would be very tempted to...do things. If the leadership in both chambers had a long history of selling their influence, this attitude would eventually become common among the rank and file Senators and Representatives. Under these conditions, the decay of the government would accelerate.

Bear in mind that this is just speculation. This is also just the first half of the equation.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Seems like your plan is working so far.

The next step is to suspend the '08 presidential election for reasons of "national security."

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I think if you want to destroy the United States you don’t psychically attack the country. You just take the Free Masons an illuminati out of power.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Indeed, a small group of flexible individual capable of dispensing good political advice and money...without being caught...could do a lot to undermine any political party. Especially if that small group were willing to engage in a little espionage.

The ideal cover might be a political consultancy. What better place to hide than on K Street? Right out in the open. As long as your list of donors would hold up to scrutiny, you could steer tens of millions of dollars to anyone you wished.

Political parties rise and fall in both dominance and popularity. It would be possible for this conspiracy to finance crooked candidates on both sides of the aisle to ensure that long term program of packing the House and Senate with as many corrupt career politicians as possible.

As Mr. Peel points out, the next step would be the making of a President. If you tookthe long view, almost anyone couldbe groomed for the job if you planned on making it happen over the space of ten years or more. A corrupt President with a rubber stamp congress could do a lot of damage.

I know, I know. You think that sounds like today's Republicans. Nope. The conspriacy I'm talking about could groom a super-majority party that would not hesitate to tact, and it would be able to pass all the bad legislation it wanted...because...the minority would be utterly incapable of stopping it. THAT would go a long way toward accelerating the decay of government.

Today's Republicans are divided. This hypothetical conspiracy might resort to assassiantion to remove anyone from the super-majority that stood in the way. At the very least, blackmail would be commonly used to bring mavericks in to line. If done properly, the President who sits atop this whole mess would actually think they were in charge.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Anti-conspiracy conspiracy would just be a conspiracy you are trying to expose.

Instead of THEM you would be MEHT. THEY would know you too are YEHT.

You would beome a cigaret smoking a man trying to smoke out a man smoking a cigaret.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I understand that you are trying to be funny, but sometimes it is necessary to send a theif to catch a thief. Why sholdn't the same thing apply to conspiraicies?

top topics

join