It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Gay Conspiracy in Vehicles

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I remember in the 70's.
Guys with muscle cars would "Jack up" the rear end only.
Was this symbolic?
Were they trying to tell us something?

BTW, I had a '66 Chevelle for my first car.
Cool car eh?

But:
It was a '66 Chevelle STATION WAGON!

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by wellwhatnow

Originally posted by opensecret1150
Oh Lord, now you are making Ivan seem rational! Gender is a complex mixture of biological and cultural factors.

There is an excellent wiki on the subject. You are just givng people like Ivanthesilly ammo with such rediculous oversimplifications.

Actually there is nothing biological about gender. Sex is a biological designation, gender is a culturally defined role that is assigned based on sex. I am simply not willing to trade my college degree and my experience for the knowledge in a wiki article.

[edit on 6/4/06 by wellwhatnow]

Hey you did not go to Antioch College for your undergrad did you?? I did.

Gender roles are somewhat consistent across time and culture. This argues against gender being a purely arbitrary cultural assignment which is what is seems you are saying.

As for the mighty wiki you are not the only academic threatened by it's potential usurping of your "expert" status. My Aunt M*** (PhD Harvard '59) just pointed out to me that Wiki is about equal to Encyclopedia Britannica in accuracy.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 03:09 PM
link   
ROFLMAOSHIHAITINNUWBCISMSLMAO!!!!

This was the funniest thread I read.

God, where do we find these people?

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Hi opensecret...

Actually, I think I disagree about gender roles not changing over time. In my lifetime and in the UK culture I think I've seen quite a change in gender roles. I'm not trying to claim ANY expertise in this area, I'm just saying it like I see it... (don't want to tread on anyone's degree specialty!)

In the UK at least, girls growing up now are MUCH more assertive than they were when I was a child. Or at least that's how it seems to me, and I teach at a number of schools, including one all-girl school.

I'd also say there's a growing number of instances where household roles are reversed and the woman's the breadwinner.

Or are you talking about something else and I'm not getting the point here?

Oh, and didn't Margaret Mead find some matriarchal cultures?

[edit on 4-6-2006 by rich23]

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I think this says loads more about how your subconscious interprets shapes, colors, and patterns, rather than some fictional communist/feminist threat.

How are they gay?

They are bulbous in shape. Thus, making them more aerodynamic, and fuel-efficient. Gay? Are F-14 Tomcats gay?

Of course, that's my liberal, woman-taught college psychology courses speaking.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   

My computer is totally gay.....
It has sparkles and changes colour depending on the light.

I suspect my cat is gay to, he seems very friendly with other male cats.
Too friendly.....

(He looks mad because I just woke him up to take the picture)

And I have a gay agenda....
I want to live my life as I see fit, without judgement from others.

But now that I think of it, I always thought the Vespa Scooters were a bit gay.

But that's just my oppinion.
I'm sure there's lots of manly men that ride them.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 03:17 PM
link   
opensecret.

You know, I just heard that story about the Britannica, on the news.

Also, I was wondering about the NAMES of cars.
The precursor of the Datsun Z series, was a roadster was called the Fairlady!
It sold very well, and there are still Fairlady Car clubs.
There was also a Fairlady based Coupe, called the Silvia.

What kind of guy would own a Fairlady and a Silvia?

I guess the conspiracy has been around for a while!

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
Guys with muscle cars would "Jack up" the rear end only.
Was this symbolic?
Were they trying to tell us something?

Thanks for my Laugh of the Day!!
Let's say the shape of cars ARE gay...then there is subversion here, as the wheels are definitely heterosexual, to wit the commercial where "the wheels go round" and heterosexual couples are sort of like freak dancing.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Ok so I have a question. If all cars should be made "macho" and "manly", then are you saying that homosexuals and women shouldn't drive cars at all since cars should only be styled to appeal to men?

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Most convertables I've seen have had two men in them. In most cases it looks like they're tourists from another state renting a car. Seldomly do I ever see multiple women in convertables in this area. Maybe they don't feel safe in convertables anymore.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   
snowflake_obsidian

(I collect rocks, and have some of that BTW)

Yes, gay people should walk everywhere.
Of course, they would then get so much excercise, and be in such good shape, they would kick some hetero butt, take over the car companies, and produce even more gay-mobiles.

I hope everyone knows I'm being sarcastic

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by lostinspace
Most convertables I've seen have had two men in them. In most cases it looks like they're tourists from another state renting a car. Seldomly do I ever see multiple women in convertables in this area. Maybe they don't feel safe in convertables anymore.

You remember what happened to Thelma and Louise? I think thats why..

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ivanterrible

Originally posted by TheBandit795
So according to you and your propaganda...

Commie = liberal
Commie = gay
Commie = anti testosterone
Commie = anti macho

Now tell me... why are the hammer and the sickle.... to very MANLY objects.... The symbol of communism???

Explain that to me please

And why do they also often have a man's muscled arm as a symbol??

Your so PSCHOTIC! where do you equate communism and manhood? not suprising coming from ats leftist kooks!

by the way a great hangover cure is this delicious food

this leftist kook site is just that LEFTIST and ANTI-AMERICAN, now excuse me I have better things to do.

let me correct myself here, what I forgot to say here is that the picture is a cure for the people on this insane forum who are DRUNK with INSANE LIBERALISM, Good day!

MOD EDIT: Please read these four threads.

Effective IMMEDIATELY

Bush and Clinton. The Two Headed Coin.

OP/ED: Dark Days. (The black band on ATS)

ATSers, we are being divided still.

[edit on 4-6-2006 by TheBandit795]

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Oh Ivan, you can do better than that!

WE WANT MORE! WE WANT MORE! WE WANT MORE!

GO IVAN!

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   
NOW!

I am offended.
I am NOT a Liberal.

I have to leave for a while though.
Gonna hop in my 4WD Pickup, and load up some lovely furniture that my wife picked out.

"Lovely", is that a gay word?

[edit on 4-6-2006 by spacedoubt]

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   

"Lovely", is that a gay word?

No SD lovely is not a gay word it's an absolutely fabulous word used by marvelous people...ah crap did I just use the words fabulous and marvelous in the same statement...did I just do something gay?

Did any incredibly masculine members here see the movie In & Out with Kevin Kline?

I think everything is making us gay. I'm gonna go pick out some new curtains and bake a quiche...did I just say quiche?...dang.

Spiderj

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   
ok! I am gay and I HATE that car.
haw can a strate say a car is gay?

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   

"Lovely", is that a gay word ?

You start using words like "lovely" and the guys will be knocking on your door wanting to go visit antique shops in your 4x4.

Your wife won't like that. :shk:

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Ok, we seem to have a number of gay people on here... so, tell me, is "FABULOUS" a gay word? I came across a site claiming Dubya was secretly gay (and that he liked to rub bald men's heads, which is weird, but supported by lots of photos of him doing exactly that) and one of the pieces of evidence was that he uses that word a lot.

Now, I'm straight and it's not a word I use much ('cos I'm a MANLY man lol) but guys, do gay men use that word or is it just a cliche?

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiderj
...ah crap did I just use the words fabulous and marvelous in the same statement...did I just do something gay?
Spiderj

Yup. You will now have to completely reconsider your preferred sexual orientation. The insecurity will eat away at you and in a few years, the bile in your soul will render you indistinguishable from Ivan. Good luck....

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join