It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Gay Conspiracy in Vehicles

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 11:27 PM
link   
WOW!

Until I read this thread, I really thought that I'd seen everything.
Gay cars?
That a car could be more attractive to gays or that they were designed with gays in mind is one thing. But that anyone would even care is simply mind-boggling and it leaves me shaking my head in absolute amazement.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 11:28 PM
link   
the audi a4? are you serious? one of the best cars that are out there right now.DEFINATELY not gay

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I guess that not having a car makes me asexual...

I'm so pathetic.

*rollerskates to work*

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Heres my opinion. Most of these "gay" looking cars are designed to be attractive to women. When i see a Honda Element its almost always a woman driving. The Element is EXTREMELY UGLY, but i wount say it looks gay. Almost any car can look not gay if its black.

Besides, whats most important is the vehicles reliability. Having your car in the shop is NOT COOL. BMWs are nortorious for being unreliable, followed by Jaguar and Mercedes.

As for you Ivan, you are a wuss. SUVs are for insecure panzies that have an inferiority complex. Ill be laughing when you flip over in that heap of crap.

[edit on 3-6-2006 by GlassRunner]

apc

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 11:48 PM
link   
A: The Expedition is a far "gayer" vehicle. Uselessly large vehicles = compensating for lacking elsewhere. Poor self-esteem. Many homosexuals are not homosexual at all but rather suffer from social and/or mental problems that drive them into the feeling of acceptance they get from actual homosexuals. Have any problems feeling good about yourself lately?

B: If anything, the VW Jetta is a real gay vehicle. Mainly just because it is marketed to the 20-something gay white male.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 11:50 PM
link   
how could you use car designs you do not like as an attack against gays?
gay has two definitions in the American english, and i believe you are using both.
1) Gay= stupid, ugly, "dorky"
2) Gay= a man havin intercourse with another man

you have used both, but i only agree with one... those cars are kinda ugly, although ironically i do love my NSX.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I want a chrysler 300 M. Or a BMW 5-series. Or for West Coast Customs to pimp my '97 Chevy Blazer. And especially for them to make it run on 1000 miles per galon...

And the can also make it amphibian, so I can go into the sea in it. And make it 1000HP, especially while in the sea. So the Venezuelians won't catch me while I'm fishing in their waters.

And finally, they can install an antigravity engine and a 85% weight reducer, so I can travel anywhere I want from 10 to Mach 10 (over Earth), and mach 25 in space. Plus a wormhole generator for deep space...

A man can dream, can he??? But the question is, does he need testosterone to dream like that, or can a woman do that to???? (notice that I didn't say a gay man, gay man also have testosterone).

I'm rambling now....

Oh yeah, what were we talking about??? Gay cars..

Ok a boy once caught his parents having sex. Shocked, he asked them: "what in Bert & Ernie's name are you doing?". They said they were making a little brother or sister for him.
Later that day they caught him having sex with the exhaust of their car. They asked him: "what the hell are you doing?". He said: "I'm trying to make a remote control car!!".
So is that car gay now, or just female???

Btw... I know of a gay guy who bought a Chevy Avalanche when he won the lottery.. Now is that monster pickup gay???
Btw... That same dude has spent most of the lottery millions on himself and his boyfriends already and has now transformed into a "straight" born again, anti-christian man. Oh well.. soon he'll discover his true self again.

You didn't listen to thebandit's ramblings...

[edit on 4-6-2006 by TheBandit795]

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Gay cars? Hehehe...

I wouldn't have believed it, but well, what can I say, the advertisement pretty much speaks for itself:

From www.boycottford.com...

[edit on 4-6-2006 by Xenophobe]

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ivanterrible

Originally posted by Valhall

This is my piont people, the American mindset of masculinity and stuff has been purposely expunged from the modern teenybopper mindset of today, most young men today don't have a clue of what America used to be because of the feminist/homosexual conspiracy, that's all it's very simple in it's design and plan!

This includes vehicles. www.showdownmusclecars.com...

and it has nothing to do with being Macho or He-Man, just my opinion, I knew people would get worked up.

Ivan, many years ago (OK, Ok, many MANY years ago!) I enrolled at the Art Center College of Design in Pasadena, California as a, you guessed it, Transportation Design major; I was studying to be a Car Designer.

Let me assure you. There is NO Feminist/Gay agenda in the auto design field. There is just too much riding on mass appeal of Any new design to play to the supposed sensibilities of any agenda other than what would make the greatest positive impact in sales.

By the way, as to reliability, I still drive a '94 BMW 5-Series. Black. 200K miles. No problems. A car is a precision tool; treat it like one.

First thing my brother said when he saw it was:

"Looks like the kind of car that shows up just before people start 'disappearing'. Will that be shaken, or stirred?"

Just exactly what did you think America used to be? And how in the name of Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson was this expressed through automotive design?

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Wow. This is the second thread tonight that I've read where an incredibly dumb first post sparks quite a reasoned and sensible discussion. Hooray for ATS and its members.

Ivan, you need to be doing something about your blood pressure, mate. Less anger, I think, is where you should be aiming.

And I started this thread thinking that cars were only marketed to men and women. I didn't realise that they'd started refining the categories that far. Pity that poster didn't provide any links to back this up....

BINGO! What have I found? Inevitably, it's from the Advocate, first out of the box on my search, which is just Googling "automobile marketing gay".... and here is the link:

A decade ago, Subaru--the car company that has reached icon status among gays and (especially) lesbians--had no intention of specifically targeting gay consumers through its advertising or promotions. But when the company dewed into a massive project to find out just who was buying their cars, they discovered a surprising demographic: a high-density pocket, mostly female, from the lesbian mecca of Northampton, Mass.

"Lesbians were fiercely loyal customers of Subaru, and their word of mouth was like gold," says John Nash, whose New York based Moon City Productions oversees GLBT marketing and advertising for Subaru. The car company began to aggressively court gay and lesbian consumers, with notable advertisements with such slogans as "It's not a choice. It's the way we're built."

OMG IVAN IS RIGHT THERE IS A CONSPIRACY TO SELL CARS TO GAYS!!!!!

Oh... that's not actually what he was saying, is it? (I actually don't even care)

But there you go... the Subaru is actually a lesbian brand. You learn something new every day.

I was a bit shocked, btw, at the behaviour of some of the posters. Not that I'd have wanted to post differently, I would have balked because I'd have assumed I wouldn't have gotten away with it. (*sigh*) I'd actually have thought that BTS was the best place for this... perhaps alongside one of my favourite threads, ever, which only 2 people (including Benevolent Heretic, bless her) didn't 'get':

THE RETURN OF THE BRITISH EMPIRE

Optimus Fett, I love him (though in a heterosexual, manly way, of course
) - he just cracks me up. I was saddened by the fact that he made it unequivocal that it was a joke quite early on, I thought it could have run and run.

I wonder if Ivan will return to this thread?

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bhadhidar
Just exactly what did you think America used to be? And how in the name of Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson was this expressed through automotive design?

Speaking of Pat Robertson,

Here is his car:
image link

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Strange...

I thought the Subaru Impreza WRX was popular in the masculine, nitro and hp laden, import car scene.

Well, you learn something new everyday.

BTw... This thread is now moving to BTS..

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Let me start off by saying that I am incredibly upset that I did not notice this thread until now. This is quite possibly the funniest thread ever!

I couldn't read all the replies because quite frankly I was far too busy laughing, I tried I really tried but well the tears of laughter made it too hard.

For the record other gay cars:

The 2006 Ford Mustang AL. Basically it's just a 2006 mustang but the AL stands for alternative lifestyle. It's kind of a rip off but it comes with a suede miami lime interior and an in trunk missile system that targets hostile evangelical right wing motorists.

Notice I said hostile, evidently the system will not harm evangelical christrians on their way to brunch.

The YUGO HUG. That's right, the YUGO is back and it wants to party. With dolby surround sound, back seat disco lights and optional oxygen bar party package the YUGO says "I'M YUGAY AND I GET SIXTY MILES TO THE GALLON".

The Mitsubishi Denial. Also available as the Mitsubishi Denial Turbo and MDT convertable. It's shaped like a football, only comes with all sports satelite radio, available in four or five speed stick, all metal intererior and instead of paint the entire body of the car is covered in dolphin skin or baby seal pelt (your choice) and of course the one thing that makes a Mitsubishi Denial a DENIAL is the "in drive" shock system. Basically, if you should think about the Food Network while driving the steering wheel delivers a fifty thousand volt shock to your well...um...let's call it a system.*

And finally:

The Toyota Gary. His name is gary, he's from japan, he's lonely and he wants you to drive him. We all new a kid like Gary in high school, kind of sad but eager to please. Well now you can experience Gary in car form. Also available in the four door Gary Sedan with standard abandonment/guilt package.

Oh and I almost forgot the new Porsche 415 LW...but I don't have the specs on me.

Happy motoring,

Spiderj

*Other things you shouldn't think about while driving the Mitsubishi Denial: Wrestling, The Boy Scouts, That night at summer camp you never talk about, Popcorn, Desperate Houswives, Brad Pitt in anything but fight club, manicotti, Judas Priest, The Los Angeles Unified School District, Menudo, Bette Midler, Anything that makes you think of sausage, J.R.R. Tolkien, Brad Pitt in fight club, Lorenzo Llamas, all vegetables and long fruits, Anderson Cooper and/or Barney Fife.

[edit on 6/4/2006 by Spiderj]

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Rofl, lol @ spiderj's post.

Way too funny, you should consider a career in comedy writing!

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Way too funny, you should consider a career in comedy writing!

Thanks Xeno, but I save all my good stuff for ATS/BTS anyway...but I appreciate the compliment.

Spiderj

Oh and just in case you were wondering the LW (in the Porsche 415 LW) stands for Lost Weekend.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I'm not a fan of those cars listed...and I'm les
I prefer a nice subaru outback, wagons with style...

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 01:03 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Can someone lock this all i see are sides insulting eachother with no real reasonable arguments.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 02:10 AM
link   
First, Spiderj, you rule!

And second....

Originally posted by laiguana
I'm not a fan of those cars listed...and I'm les
I prefer a nice subaru outback, wagons with style...

told you so... (laiguana, I'm not being horrible: just see my earlier post and it might make you smile...)

And, while I'm here, does anyone think this will upset Ivan? Or will it provoke The Gay Conspiracy In (whatever these doodads are called) thread?

See:
=manly.
=manly = probably a bit gay
=dancing phallus, therefore VERY gay.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 02:24 AM
link   
This a joke !!!!!!!

Why should we stop gay marriage ?. After all with hetrosexual divorce rates at 50%,domestic violence and child abuse its not like they can do any worse.

Its funny how the same chruches that forbid gay marriage are the ones with child molestation allegations and convictions.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join