It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wal-mart: "our customers make great murder suspects."

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I found this story in a local paper. With Google, Microsoft, and Yahoo keeping tabs on the civilian populations for the governments of the world, it should scare everyone to know this about this paticular giant transnational corporation:

Behind a fence topped with razor wire just off U.S. Highway 71 is a bunker of a building that Wal-Mart considers so secret that it won't even let the county assessor inside without a nondisclosure agreement.

The 125,000-square-foot building, tucked behind a new Wal-Mart Supercenter, is only a stone's throw from the Arkansas line and about 15 miles from corporate headquarters in Bentonville, Ark.

There is nothing about the building to give even a hint that Wal-Mart owns it.
www.joplinglobe.com...

Globe File The Wal-Mart Data Center in McDonald County is deemed so secret the county assessor was required to sign a non-disclosure statement before entering the site to determine property value. The photo was taken in 2004, when the center was nearly complete.

[edit on 3-6-2006 by HothSnake1]

MOD EDIT: Fixed Link

[edit on 3-6-2006 by AgentSmith]

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 05:36 PM
link   
i do not know about walmart but, i heard alot of corps in america have brought underground bases. i do not know why they would do this, but i remember someone saying this a while ago.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Excellent find, it's all exceedingly disturbing. Here in the UK Walmart own supermarket chain Asda, one of the biggest.

This bit was disturbing too (same source):

"We were contacted about two years ago by somebody who runs a security company that had been asked in a request for proposals for ways they could link video footage with customers paying for their purchases," Albrecht said. "Wal-Mart would actually be able to view photos and video of customers paying, say, for a pack of gum. At the time, it struck me as unbelievably outlandish because of the amount of data storage required."

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Yes, that was where I was going with the title of this thread. This database isn't going to be used for research purposes alone, but law enforcement and our government will have access to it as well. In other words, if you happen to buy some rope at Wally World one day, the camera at the checkout takes your pic and records your information, etc., and on the same day a serial killer buys some rope at Wal-mart and uses it to restrain one of his victims, suddenly you find yourself as a murder suspect when law enforcement searches the Wal-mart database and your picture turns up. The possibilities are endless and disconcerting.

Some idiots will say, "so what?" "I got nothin to hide."

Yes, while we're at it, why don't we repeal the 4th Amendment as well. We don't need it in this era of terrorism. What people don't realize is that Hitler and Stalin used to say the same things, while trying to scare their people with every terrorist plot that they could come up with. They invented gun control. The point is that you may not have anything to hide today, but tomarrow that could change. They could pass a law against Christians, or you could be implicated in a crime that you didn't commit because you were found in the Wal-mart database.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Welcome to the Hotel California...
Its such a lovely place, such a lovely place...

Either Walmart is whacko- or they found a better conspiracy site than ATS.

Maybe that's where the aliens from Mexico or outter space will be placed.

Maybe we will all be whisked away to our local Walmart when the government gives the order.

What a crazy world.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Anybody want to know why Walmart built such a facility for data storage?

How about the fact that the cost to recreate the data in the event that something were to happen to it would be so high that Walmart can save millions of dollars per year just in insurance premiums. I know what my company saved when we scanned all paper documentation and set up off site backups and we are not even 1:10000 the size of Walmart. Within a 30 mile radius of my home I know of at least 9 underground information storage facilities. Most of them are in old mines, but 2 of them are in bunker like structures. The majority of large corporations have these types of storage site and those who don't probably contract for services at some of the private ones.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 08:21 PM
link   
We know that it is an information data storage facility... That is easy enough, but the question is what kind of data?? From the testimony of the above inquiry by Wal-mart, we know that at least part of this data will entail keeping files complete with photos on all customers. That is scary to say the least, especially when this is the largest company in the world that is doing it. So, everyone else is doing something similar? Most of these transnational corporations are run by the same banksters. I just don't like my photo being associated with criminals who happen to shop at Wal-mart, simply because that is where I shop.. The police already have way too much arbitrary power to over us as it is.. They don't need any more tools to help them entrap and frame innocent civilians... They have plenty already.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by HothSnake1
We know that it is an information data storage facility... That is easy enough, but the question is what kind of data?? From the testimony of the above inquiry by Wal-mart, we know that at least part of this data will entail keeping files complete with photos on all customers. That is scary to say the least, especially when this is the largest company in the world that is doing it. So, everyone else is doing something similar? Most of these transnational corporations are run by the same banksters. I just don't like my photo being associated with criminals who happen to shop at Wal-mart, simply because that is where I shop.. The police already have way too much arbitrary power to over us as it is.. They don't need any more tools to help them entrap and frame innocent civilians... They have plenty already.

Seems to me that all of this information could make a great alabi as well. Ever hear about the guy who proved that he was at a baseball game by getting a copy of the game's television broadcast?

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Unfortunately, I doubt that common citizens and customers will have access to this information.. It will be on a need to know basis, and they can easily lie about it... I know because I've been lied to about it by managers at Walmart.. My vehicle was broken into on their parking lot.. I asked to see the camera footage and they told me that there wasn't any.. I could see cameras all up and down the parking lot, and I know for a fact that they use them to bust shop lifters. They told me to call the police about it.. I was too tired and pissed off at the time to go to that amount of trouble (nothing was broken and nothing appeared to be missing) so I gave it up..

The fact is that this technology will benefit those that paid for it and control it, which is not you or me. It is wishful thinking though..

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by HothSnake1
Unfortunately, I doubt that common citizens and customers will have access to this information.. It will be on a need to know basis, and they can easily lie about it... I know because I've been lied to about it by managers at Walmart.. My vehicle was broken into on their parking lot.. I asked to see the camera footage and they told me that there wasn't any.. I could see cameras all up and down the parking lot, and I know for a fact that they use them to bust shop lifters. They told me to call the police about it.. I was too tired and pissed off at the time to go to that amount of trouble (nothing was broken and nothing appeared to be missing) so I gave it up..

The fact is that this technology will benefit those that paid for it and control it, which is not you or me. It is wishful thinking though..

It isn't Walmarts fault that you didn't pursue the issue. I know of several cases where outside cameras were used to resolve hit and run incidents in the parking lots. Several of these took place in the local Walmart's parking lot (including mine). I can't say about all Walmarts but the one near me will allow their camera footage to be reviewed at the request of the Police.

new topics

top topics

join