It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What should I do to get the girl I like?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Ok, i talk to this girl at school a lot, and I really like her. But when my freind asked her out for me 2 months ago, she said no. But she always looks at me in class still, and we always look into each others eyes, and all that stuff. So what should I do? Should I ask her out again, or would it seem like I am obsessed with her? Do you think she said no because I had my freind ask her out for me, and I didnt say it myself? Please give me advice.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   
yeah dude I doubt she liked being asked out via your friend, show her you are interested talk her up and say:

“Susan, I saw you in the classroom today, uh… As the sun came from behind the clouds, a burst of brilliant light caught your hair, it was haloed in front of me. You turned, your eyes flashed fire into my soul, I immediately read the words of Dostoevsky and Karl Marx, and in the words of Albert Schweitzer, ‘I fancy you.’ ”

[edit on 3-6-2006 by Lysergic]

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Give it a go dude, just ask her out. The worst thing is she'll say no, women (and girls) like strong people. They need to know they can count on you (not that you'll drag them round by their hair mind), she's probably waiting for you to ask her out, getting a friend to do it is a sign of weakness, even on a subconcious level. Don't keep putting it off though, otherwise the time will pass and it'll be too late - take it from someone with a bit of experience

And good luck mate, though I'm sure you won't need it, you'll be fine

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I am shy though, but I guess you are right, what the worst that can happen.

[edit on 6/3/2006 by The_Time_is_now]

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 05:15 PM
link   
How old are you bro? I know from experience girls do not like when you have someone else talk to them or get their number or ask them out for you. You gotta do it yourself. I think it sends a message like for some odd reason you cant do things on your own. I dont know, girls are weird like that. But I'll give you advice from my life...Just go for it and tell her how you really feel yourself. Over the years I've missed chances with girls I liked cause I never spoke up and told them how I feel. I mean you never know unless you go for it...and honestly whats the worse that can happen. She says no? then at least you know she's not interested and you can move on rather than always wondering "does she like me" "will she go out with me" cause if you dont speak up, someone else will, and you could miss your chance with the girl of your dreams.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Well I am 16 years old. And I guess you are right, I never thought about it, but maybe having somebody ask for me is a bad Idea. Its mostly because I am shy, I am not one of those guys who go's up to girls and just gets thier numbers. lol

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I always did that, and it got me nowhere frankly. That and the geeky haircut and glasses I guess. But to hell with all that, you need to be strong and confident, don't worry if you're not - not many people really are, just act it and it'll come naturally. You don't have to get on a table and sing or anything, but even looking at it from a basic psychological level females are always looking for a strong mate and someone who can provide security (without wanting to sound sexist, I know everything's equal but it's underlying basic instinct, oh and don't worry - these are basic instincts, it doesn't mean you have to have kids and get married), if you don't even ask her yourself then you fail the first test. Don't worry, it's not a problem that you already did it, if you were 30, well it might be, but you're not and it's exactly what most people do at your age. Besides, from what you say she seems to be still interested, from past experience I'm fairly sure she's waiting for you to make the move.
Just stride up to her (preferably not when she's with her giggling mates, always a good way to put you off form) and ask her out..

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Well I kind of feel like telling her right now, now that all you guys gave me the confidence I needed, do you think if I sent her a myspace message, telling her how I feel, that she would say yes? Or should I just wait.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Christ I dunno mate, we didn't have all that stuff when I was your age. I would say personally myself, but I'm a bit out of touch - only you can make the choice really. Can you phone her? That might be better (if you don't want ot wait that is).

[edit on 3-6-2006 by AgentSmith]

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I have to think about it, because I probably only got one more chance, because the school year is going to be over in 2 weeks.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Well, don't think about it too much

Good luck anyway, hope it goes good for you

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Ok thanks for all your help Agent Smith.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Time_is_now
do you think if I sent her a myspace message, telling her how I feel, that she would say yes? Or should I just wait.

The biggest turn on for a girl (and I know... I am one) is self confidence. That's why they like the football players and other popular kids, even if they're not that great-looking. It's because they're confident. Having your friend ask her out told her The_Time_is_now has no self-confidence. That may be why she said no.

Have you spent any time with her at school or just gazing longingly at each other? If not, you have some work ahead of you. Start talking to her. Ask her how she did on a test. What she thinks of someone else. Think of little things to talk to her about, if only for 30 seconds at a time. Smile at her. Use her name. Tell her she looks nice. Get a few phrases in your head ahead of time and be as relaxed as possible when you talk to her. Approach her. If she brushes you of or runs in the other direction, you'll know she would probably say no if you did ask her out so don't bother.

On the other hand, if she smiles and seems a little nervous, but appears to like talking to you, give it a go. Girls like to have a little bit of a 'friendship' going on before they get asked out. Be her friend, be yourself and never again send a friend to do your job.

Being shy, although a natural trait for many guys your age, can be your worst enemy. Don't let it keep you from getting things you want. Just push it aside and don't let it control you. You're in charge, not your shyness.

The worst that can happen is she says no. And be prepared for that. If she says no, then tell her "Aw. Too bad... I'm disappointed. Well, if you change your mind let me know." and that will be one experience for you. Guys have it hard in that they're the ones who are expected to do the asking.

I got tired of a guy not asking me out once so I finally got up the nerve to ask him out. We've been married for 15 years...

Let us know how it goes...

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Have you spent any time with her at school or just gazing longingly at each other?

Let us know how it goes...

A little bit of both, actually.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Trust me man, I was in your shoes before...ASK HER OUT FACE TO FACE! It truly is the best way you can go about it. Be direct, you know, but dont say too much. You dont want her to think your a psycho-stalker. Look at it in terms of sports...how many baseball players strike out every game? Yet they still go up to bat again. In all honesty, its not how many times you strike out or get denied...that one time that you hit the "home run" and get the date, you'll feel like the world champ! And really, besides a little bit of pride, what have you got to lose? And if worse comes to worse, and she turns you down and you feel embarassed, dont worry...like you said, school will be over in 2 weeks, and after summer i dont think anyone will care if you struck out with her. But like the saying goes...nothing ventured, nothing gained. Good luck, and go for it, for all of us old chaps who blew our opportunities when we were your age!

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by dno117
Trust me man, I was in your shoes before...ASK HER OUT FACE TO FACE! It truly is the best way you can go about it. Be direct, you know, but dont say too much. You dont want her to think your a psycho-stalker. Look at it in terms of sports...how many baseball players strike out every game? Yet they still go up to bat again. In all honesty, its not how many times you strike out or get denied...that one time that you hit the "home run" and get the date, you'll feel like the world champ! And really, besides a little bit of pride, what have you got to lose? And if worse comes to worse, and she turns you down and you feel embarassed, dont worry...like you said, school will be over in 2 weeks, and after summer i dont think anyone will care if you struck out with her. But like the saying goes...nothing ventured, nothing gained. Good luck, and go for it, for all of us old chaps who blew our opportunities when we were your age!

I think I may just take that advice, and ok, I'll do it for all of you. lol

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Plenty of fish in the sea, Time.

How do I get a date with the gun-toting dude in a dress?

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Well I got an update, I asked her face to face at school today, and she said no. I hate being led on. Why do girls do that?
:bnghd:

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by clearwater
Plenty of fish in the sea, Time.

How do I get a date with the gun-toting dude in a dress?

2 dollah

top topics

join