It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Am I speaking to the home owner please?"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   
caller in broken English: "am I speaking with mr .................." (my dad)

my dad just in from work and watching the England jamacia recording: gives me the im not in signal.

me: "no sorry hes not in"

caller: am I speaking with a family member ?

me: "yeah but im not in either"

I get at least of 2 of theese calls a day I know that they are trying to get me to change my phone provider a soon as i pick up the phone , do they not get the message ? how many times can I tell them to f*** off? whats wrong with theese people? why are they doing this to me , I hate them I hate there employers and I WISH A POX ON THEM AND THERES.

Please tell me im not the only one dealing with theese cold callers or what ever they are?

I truly wish harm upon them, im sorry but its how i feel.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   
urgh i detest cold callers, i get alot of them and my number is ex directory (not in phone book etc)

when the hanging up bit didnt work on them i started trying various things
for example i reply with the sentance,

"madams house of pain how may i help you?" that usually gets them to hang up haha
or i say somthing like

"you have reached the phone number of scotland yard noone can take your call at the moment so please leave a message after the beep"

works for me

[edit on 043030p://58064 by ronishia]

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 05:52 PM
link   
If it's a female cold caller I usually ask them if they are wearing any panties.

Males' I just usually ask them for their home phone # so I can call them back later.

They just hate it when you don't follow the script. Just have a little fun and remember they are just trying to make a living the best they can and would probably rather be doing anything other than calling you.

Zen happens

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 09:57 PM
link   
it pisses me off to know end! I have a very ethnic name so the absolutly butcher it. It's not like i really care but don't try 10 times to get it right, it makes it worse.

I know this is really mean but if they call from a forgein country i ask them to sing "jingle Bells". frikin halarious. One guy got so made he called 12 times after that.

! War against tellie-marketors!

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ronishia
urgh i detest cold callers, i get alot of them and my number is ex directory (not in phone book etc)

when the hanging up bit didnt work on them i started trying various things
for example i reply with the sentance,

"madams house of pain how may i help you?" that usually gets them to hang up haha
or i say somthing like

"you have reached the phone number of scotland yard noone can take your call at the moment so please leave a message after the beep"

works for me

[edit on 043030p://58064 by ronishia]

LMAO HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

That's a good one, next time try to sell them something, it really freaks them out!
Ask them if they'd like to buy a lightly grilled stoat in bernaise sauce, see what kinda response you get!

Q

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Just ask them to remove you from the calling list. It works sometimes.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Ya know those air horns people take to sports games?

Their not just for sports games !!

Works wonders

Pisses the dog off and freaks out the cat, but .........

NN

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I tend to use "town name" institue for the criminally insane, where can I direct your call!!

When my bro's here, I get him to answer in japanese (his japanese is better than mine!!) That is hilarious!!!!

[edit on 10-6-2006 by Kurokage]

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
If it's a female cold caller I usually ask them if they are wearing any panties.

Males' I just usually ask them for their home phone # so I can call them back later.

They just hate it when you don't follow the script. Just have a little fun and remember they are just trying to make a living the best they can and would probably rather be doing anything other than calling you.

Zen happens

Your last statement I think is about the most true thing ever said

As for good responces, one I like the most was" Your interupting the ritual sacrafice"

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Have you heard the recent ones where they claim they're responding to an ad we supposedly left on the internet??? Wha?? It's about finances and we supposedly left an ad and this guy is going to help us handle our finances. Yeah, right, I just inhereted $400, 000 and I'm leaving an ad on the Internet to get advice on what to do with it and this guy just happened to see it!

The other one I live is credit card consolidation. They've looked over our finances and know that they can help us. We pay our credit cards off every month. 0+0=0.

We don't answer the phone, they eventually leave a message.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   
We had a cold caller kinda stalk us once.

This guy called trying to sell us cable or something (I can't remember). My boyfriend decided to mess with the guy by giving him a ficticious name and just answered his question with obvious lies, speaking in a hillbillish accent and saying he was very rich and things like that. Then eventually when he couldn't hold his laughter in any longer he hung up.

Well the guy must have written down our phone number because later that night he started calling us an he would hang up when we answered or he would sit there and breath into the phone. This went on for about a week. Finally my boyfriend and his friend talked to the guy, threatening to kick his butt and other macho man bullying rhetoric, and the guy finally stopped making his prank calls to our house.

I personally thought it was a tad bit funny, however for most people I'm sure this would've been a scary and horrifying experience.

top topics

join