It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mammals smell

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Ok seems like any forum that involves the paranormal someone always throws in the whole 'reptilian agenda' thing. WTF x 10000000
You know what...the idea of reptiles being unemotional demonic creatures has been done, you can see it in various religious texts and even 'scientific' documentations. It's like people haven't moved beyond their primitive ideologies. Now I see lot of these conspiracy theorists trying to aim their agendas against their political enemies by calling them reptilians. I simply don't know what to think...

I think I'll just vote for a fine republican in the next election, anyone related to Bush or perhaps a good friend. Maybe someone in his administration? I love the Bush administration and I wish them the best!

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 04:32 PM
link   
During the dawn of man, he feared reptiles because they attacked (only b/c they felt threatened) and sometimes when they bite they would make you feel great pain (b/c of venom.) So that's probably why man says reptiles are evil.

As for me, I always had a fascination with reptiles (mostly snakes) and birds. But I don't really like mammals, they do stink and are weak. I don't even like calling humans mammals.

[edit on 2-12-2006 by wildcat]

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Mammals are weak?

This mammal has no trouble eating your beloved snakes.

This is one messed up thread.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Guy Fawkes
Mammals are weak?

This mammal has no trouble eating your beloved snakes.

This is one messed up thread.

Try having that thing fighting a black mamba or a anaconda or also a king cobra.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Mongooses are noted for their audacious attacks on highly poisonous snakes such as king cobras.
www.britannica.com...

en.wikipedia.org...
If a king cobra encounters a threatening natural predator, such as the mongoose, which while not immune to the snake's venom, has some resistance to the neurotoxins,[1] the cobra will generally try to flee. If all else fails, the cobra will flatten its upper ribs forming a hood around its neck and emit a high-pitched hiss, sometimes with feigned closed-mouth strikes.

The King Cobra is a coward.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Not so fast, you failed to show me a predator of a anaconda or a black mamba.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildcat
Not so fast, you failed to show me a predator of a anaconda or a black mamba.

You want to go best for best? Because that is what you are doing, presenting your best reptile against a small mammal.

Show me a predator for a Grizzly, or a Lion. You will only find one, man, which is also a mamal. The Anaconda's biggest preditor is man also.

The point is you claim mammals are weak, which I have shown, they are not.

[edit on 2-12-2006 by Guy Fawkes]

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Guy Fawkes
You want to go best for best? Because that is what you are doing, presenting your best reptile against a small mammal.

Show me a predator for a Grizzly, or a Lion. You will only find one, man, which is also a mamal. The Anaconda's biggest preditor is man also.

The point is you claim mammals are weak, which I have shown, they are not.

A lion is no match for a blood sucking fly (Stomoxys.) There is this large crater in Africa, ten miles wide that is a home to many species including lions. One year the rain came higher than normal thus spawning a sworm of blood sucking flies. The lions only defence was their tongue which never worked anyway plus climbing trees was useless too. The flies nealy wiped out the entire lion population as well as hyena and any other mammal in the crater. Only six lions survived. This fly is also capable of taking out grizzly bears in mass numbers plus any other mammal because that's what they prey on. *And this fly does not prey on reptiles. You have overestimated the power mammals because a simple and unintelligent being has a major advantage over their them.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Mans only defence is technology which is, the easy way out.

How about the largest species of crocodile versus a grizzly bear. You cannot tell me I am using my best reptile because you are using yours (best for best, remember.)

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Please understand that I absolutely despise flies and had a hard time looking up the real name of the fly I am talking about with a large picture of one right in front of me. Just remember, you started this fight and I have to defend myself.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Even know the black mamba venom without treatment kills 100% of the time, the most venomous creature on earth is a frog which is an amphibian.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Even know the black mamba venom without treatment kills 100% of the time, the most venomous creature on earth is a frog which is an amphibian.

Hmmm...

Well, if your on about the Goldne Poison Frog, they apparently speculate it gets the poison from another creature:

The poison frogs are perhaps the only creatures immune to this poison. The poison attacks the sodium channels of the cells. Through the ages, the clever frog has evolved special sodium channels that the poison can not harm.

Frogs normally have no occasion to eat their own poison but this frog is different. The frog apparently eats the same poison as his own but produced by some OTHER CREATURE. He eats the unknown creatures as we might eat shrimp or chicken: just standard food. Frogs grown in captivity, however, can't eat the same food and they are NOT poisonous. "All evidence indicates that such frogs obtain the poisons unchanged from some creature in their diet," says Daly.

"Thus, the high toxicity of P. terribilis appears due to consumption of an unknown mysterious small insect or other arthropod, which may truly be the most poisonous creature on Earth. It is a mystery that we hope to someday solve."

Link Poo

EDIT: There is this too:

Its alkaloid poison prevents nerves from transmitting impulses leaving the muscles in an inactive state of contraction. This can lead to heart failure or fibrillation. It also lasts long after the frog has left the area, and chickens and dogs have died from contact with a paper towel that a frog had walked on. One wild adult terribilis has enough poison to kill up to 10 adult humans. However, this poison is lost in captive-bred and raised frogs due to a lack of certain items in its diet, currently unknown, although new research has hinted that a beetle from the family Melyridae may be the key ingredient responsible for the frog's lethal poison

[edit on 3/12/06 by stumason]

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   
My argument doesn't include amphibians, it is about reptiles.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Your the one who mentioned frogs mate!

Sea snakes are pretty venomous though...

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Your the one who mentioned frogs mate!

That doesn't mean it is part of my argument.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   
The polar bear would be the best mammal. But against a Oxyuranus microlepidotus (that's a snake,) dead for sure. This snake would probably be my best reptile as well as the most powerful crock. As for fantasy mammals and reptiles, the minotaur would be no match against a fire breathing dragon.

[edit on 3-12-2006 by wildcat]

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 02:33 PM
link   

The polar bear would be the best mammal. But against a Oxyuranus microlepidotus (that's a snake,) dead for sure. This snake would probably be my best reptile as well as the most powerful crock. As for fantasy mammals and reptiles, the minotaur would be no match against a fire breathing dragon.

Is an Ogre a mammal? I reckon that could take a dragon... If not, then a Giant could

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Is an Ogre a mammal? I reckon that could take a dragon... If not, then a Giant could

The dragon could breath fire on the giant while flying. The giant would not be able to reach it therefor it can't hurt it. A T-rex could get on orgre or a giant. Or a pack of raptors could get them both.

[edit on 4-12-2006 by wildcat]

top topics

join