It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prevailing Left blowing wind on ATS (Op/Ed)

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   
And people please read these three articles. I find that they're very accurate as to the way the world is right now. Democrats and Republicans alike are working for the same boss. Rockefeller, Rothschild and crew..

Part 1:
onlinejournal.com...

Part 2:
onlinejournal.com...

Part 3:
onlinejournal.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795

Originally posted by thermopolisWow proof of the edge of the razorblade........................Just look at the long list of "banned" members..............many, many were "conservative".........

And many were -*gasp*- "liberal"!!!

Including a Mod as I recall.

So, what's your paranoid point Thermopolis?

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 05:04 PM
link   
apparently according to souljahs test im a libertarian (sp?). Isn't that more right leaning as Im aware of?

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally quoted by Muaddib

Then you get some members like ceci2006 who in order to make her point has to excerpt quotes and claims which are nothing more than insults, belittling comments, and patronizing rhetoric...

I was simply minding my own business and tending to my blog when I came across Muaddib's comments about my posts on grover's Op/Ed: "Cracks in the Facade". To be fair, he deserves a reply.

What started off the posts on grover's thread was a simple request. I asked that someone who is conservative explain why they supported Mr. Bush and refute grover's Op/Ed with an Op/Ed of their own. Muaddib spent his time attacking the nature of what I asked and refused to write an Op/Ed piece in rebuttal. Even to this day, he has not.

So, I felt that this phenomenon of extremism within the Right is a worthy issue to examine since no one would give me an answer. I looked up a plethora of sociological and psychological tracts that explained the mindset of extemism that is taking over the conservative right. And then, I researched the phenomenon about why Bush supporters--despite the evidence--would still support the POTUS.

Unfortunately, for myself and Muaddib, we got into a spirited debate in which he hurled insults at me for what I posted. Furthermore, until someone would rebut grover's piece, I continued my research about this phenomenon as a form of dissent. Muaddib did not have the courage to write a rebuttal piece.

Semperfortis, whom I respect very highly, did. He had the courage to write about his feelings regarding the country and the POTUS. After he did, I stopped my dissent and answered his post. And in this op/ed, Semper has more bravery and candor than Muaddib did on the same issue. And despite the fact we see things differently, he has shown that he will engage in a debate in a forthright manner especially when discussing his views. So, unlike what Muaddib says, I do not see all conservatives in the same way.

So, these posts in grover's thread were not an attempt to deride the "true conservative spirit" that needs to take back the Republicans. Instead, I was curious--as grover was--about the extremists of the party who attempt to sabotage our basic Constitutional rights in order to continue their stranglehold over the nation. I tried to do it without attacks or derision. Instead, I looked for academic evidence and investigation to broaden my understanding of this subject matter.

The point I am trying to make is that when one asks a question, the person who replies to it in a respectful manner will always display character. Those who answer it in a manner without giving opposing ideas some time for thought, respectfully do not.

[edit on 6-6-2006 by ceci2006]

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by MuaddibSo as long as liberals,

There's more types of people than merely "liberals" that disagree with the present administration.

So, to sumarize Republicans or anyone who disagrees with the "opinion of the left" is a religious fanatic, psychotics who "propagate a non-local disease", Nazis, perverse, have a "virulent pathogen maligna egophrenia", and are paranoid.

Like you, although certainly not in the same way, I also disagree with a broad characterization of Bush supporters. Though, I disagree with any broad characterization of any group. The comments of two members do not come anywhere close to exhausting the long, long list of complaints against Bush and against the virulence of some of his supporters. There are fanatics in any camp and to say that there aren't fanatics among Bush's supporters would be a lie. Perhaps, grover and ceci should have been more specific, as it seems they were addressing a certain type of Bush supporter and not necessarily all of them as being of the same background and behavior.

Yet a Republican tells a member to "grow up" and he is immediately "warned"..

You stated I was a ten year old and didn't know how to read, there's a difference. Ours was a personal ruckus, the comments of the other members was not intended for a specific individual. By the way, I got a point deduction for my part...we were both in the wrong, at least I'm willing to admit my fault.

As well, I can't even count how many times people on this board have quoted Ann Coulter, or some other crackpot to demonize liberals. Oh, and the vehemence towards Muslims and the Middle East in general can get downright disgusting on this board. To think that Bush supporters (I wouldn't dare call all of you republicans) are the only ones on this that are criticized is definitely a mischaracterization of the diverse attitudes found on ATS.

[edit on 6-6-2006 by Jamuhn]

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn

You stated I was a ten year old and didn't know how to read, there's a difference. Ours was a personal ruckus, the comments of the other members was not intended for a specific individual. By the way, I got a point deduction for my part...we were both in the wrong, at least I'm willing to admit my fault.

I asked if you were ten years old because you were baiting me, which if i remember should be against the policies of the board unless that changed too, into an argument by exagerating and claiming, several times now, that I posted a fake news story. Several times I responded to you, with excerpts and links, and you keep coming back with "you made a fake story", so I concluded that you must have some problem understanding what you read, since i gave several links and explained what happened and that the story by one reporter was taken out from the internet, the story which said insignias were being used, while the story from an Iranian journalist, who is saying almost the same thing except for the insignia part claimed by the other reporter, is still around.

I also gave excerpts with links to what the Iranian president said, that article 13 dress code, is a "dress code to identify the traditional Islamic culture, and that it should have different colors". Traditionally, "different colors in Iranian Islamic culture" was to identify the different religious minorities"... Yet, you keep trying to claim that "it is a fake story.

[edit on 6-6-2006 by Muaddib]

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
I asked if you were ten years old because you were baiting me, which if i remember should be against the policies of the board unless that changed too, into an argument by exagerating and claiming, several times now, that I posted a fake news story.

This doesn't have anything to do with this thread. If you want to keep overlooking everything I refuted towards you about that Iranian story, you can ignore the facts I posted on the actual thread you put up. Once again, as I figured, you take one sentence out of everything I previously wrote and try to derail another thread. How about you stop being so hard-headed and actually respond to something related to this discussion. If you still have a problem with what I posted on your ATSNN story about Jew badges, then post it there, here is not the place. Even though I know what you posted was and still is fake, I'm not going to be baited to get in such an unrelated discussion with you. So are you up to the task, to actually respond to something related to this thread, especially that..."There are fanatics in any camp and to say that there aren't fanatics among Bush's supporters would be a lie."

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Stay on topic please.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Including a Mod as I recall.

So, what's your paranoid point Thermopolis?

Isn't calling a member of this site paranoid a bit........... redundant?
All of you people are paranoid nutters, its why I come here, everyone needs a good laugh.

Mod Edit: BB Code.

Mod Edit: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 6/6/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn

This doesn't have anything to do with this thread.

You are right, and you shouldn't have brought your lies up in this thread...

About "responding to your baiting post in this thread", last i checked the thread is about "the left blowing wind on ATS".... quite on topic I would say. i have seen members exagerate and take issues out of context just so they can "bash and blame the current administration, Republicans, and anyone who agrees with anything the present administration has done".

[edit on 6-6-2006 by Muaddib]

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 09:37 PM
link   
And I have seen the other side here on ATS also, Muaddib.

And because of that I'm willing to conclude that we're all being played. Left Wing and Right Wing are a total farce, and non-existance up in the higher political ranks.

It only exist with the common people like us, and is fueled by the MSM.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally quoted by Jamuhn
Perhaps, grover and ceci should have been more specific, as it seems they were addressing a certain type of Bush supporter and not necessarily all of them as being of the same background and behavior.

It goes beyond that, Jamuhn. I had asked a simple question along with a simple request. Muaddib did not honor that request to describe what proper conservatives or Republicans were supposed to be like. Instead of wasting his time trying to stir up an argument over what was being described, as a card carrying member of the Republican party he should have put his best foot forward.

He did not.

What I don't understand is that people are asked all the time on this board for proof to back up their claims. When backing up proof, they do not parody another member's efforts. They post the proof and comment on it to help solidify their side of the issue. So, if Muaddib had really taken my posts and grover's comments seriously and intellectually, he would have brought up the likes of William F. Buckley, Peggy Noonan, George F. Will or others who have talked about conservatism for a long time.

But he didn't.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 09:52 PM
link   
i have a simple question for every person talking about how insulting the "liberals" are, whats your point? A majority (not all) are doing the EXACT same thing. If some stupid bush basher comes on here spouting an opinion, IGNORE HIM/HER. You insulting them makes you just as guily, and you are.

so whats your points? because for every example for a liberal insulting members i can give examples of a conservative doing the same. So what is your point?

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by MuaddibYou are right

Thank you! That's what I've been trying to tell you all this time!

As ceci says, what is a Republican these days, Muadibb?

Originally posted by ceci2006It goes beyond that, Jamuhn. I had asked a simple question along with a simple request...describe what proper conservatives or Republicans were supposed to be like.

I'd like to know too, ceci. It seems all this Republican/Democrat, right/left wing talk has significantly confused the situation. Anything that disagrees with republican ideals is "anti-patriotic" and "left-wing" and anything that agrees with republican ideals is anti-freedom and "right-wing." Yet, when one looks at the issues the, "alpha-Republican", George Bush stands for big government, increased spending, and federalism (usurping state's rights as in the case of gay marriage), and truly a Republican ideal, a larger military. And, many democrats stand for the same thing! One can take the opposite too and see how "right-wingers" such as Libertarians oppose some aspects of this current republican platform.

And, for that matter, someone please describe "left-wing" too. These charts may help...

Nolan Chart

Pournelle Chart

[edit on 6-6-2006 by Jamuhn]

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797
apparently according to souljahs test im a libertarian (sp?). Isn't that more right leaning as Im aware of?

As am I. And as for it being a more right-leaning position, I dunno. Maybe. I'm personally in favor of less governance by the federal government, and more listening to the people, since we're the ones that put them there anyway. At least I think we are... hmm, think I just got an idea for a new thread.

I do agree though that there aren't anymore Reps or Dems. There's only the facade that those in power want us to see. If we could see what was really going on, would we even want to??

TheBorg

[edit on 7-6-2006 by TheBorg]

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I'm a Republican, or at least I have voted basically Republican for the last several elections. I'm also a conservative--in the sense that word used to mean. When I cross party lines to vote for a Democrat, which I do quite frequently, it is always to vote for a conservative Democrat. Here in Texas there are still quite a few conservative Democrats in office and I have no problem supporting them.

I personally think the Democratic party has been hijacked by the Kennedy's & Kerry's & such and I don't really like that very much. By the same token, I think the Republican party has almost been taken over by the Bible thumpers and I don't like that either.

As far as the Bush administration goes, I think Bush himself is a good, well intentioned human being, but that he has appointed far to many ultra-conservatives (probably as a payback for their election support). People such as Rumsfeld (who seems cocky & intolerant) piss me off. Newt Gingerich is another one that had the same effect on me. I don't like people like that and I sure don't like them leading the Republican party. I had high hopes for Colin Powell and think his appointment as Secretary Of State was a good move, but somewhere along the line Powell seems to have lost his passion for his own beliefs and so he quit--probably in utter disgust. I still have hopes for Rice and think she could develop into a good President.

[edit on 7-6-2006 by Astronomer70]

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797

Yes it is Right leaning - RIGHT for You that is.

Everything else is an Illusion.

Just like David Chopperfield.

And thanks for actually reading my post - it looks like nobody else does.

Or maybe just just read the first two sentances, went to the test and forgot about the rest.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
I suggest you take the World's Smallest Political Quiz and take a Load off.

Everybody looks so Tense to me in here.

Why doesn't nobody actually read what others have to say?

Actually I was point at my post in this thread - since it looks like nobody actually read it.

Hello?

Maybe This Article will give you some informaton about "Liberals"?

No?

Well let me just say, that IF there is a Republica or Democratic president they ALWAYS have to go to the same Boss in the end, if you know what I mean?

They are BOTH CONTROLLED BY THE SAME GLOBAL ELITE!

Same Face - TWO MASKS!

You want to know who?

David Rockefeller, Zbigniew Brzezinski, Henry Kissinger, Prince Philip, the Rothschild's, the Bilderbergs and the rest who make up the Cream of this World - well more the CRAP of this World.

The biggest con: Democrats & Republicans work together to destroy America

America is being destroyed by enemies within and with the help of a corrupted Congress and dumbed down (through public education and the corporate media), apathetic, indifferent and lazy public. The window for action to reverse the fascist trend of the last 50 years is fast closing and only an awake and vigilant citizenry can begin to comprehend and take action against the coming totalitarian devastation we have allowed to manifest in our country.

September 11, with the perpetrators in the shadow government and clandestine operations, signaled the final stages from the NWO (New World Order) cabal that they are now in a flight forward end game. The elders in this ‘open conspiracy' for global totalitarian control of the planet, its peoples and resources, David Rockefeller, George H.W. Bush, Zbigniew Brzezinski, Henry Kissinger, Prince Philip, the Rothschild's, and the rest are pushing for some major advancement in their diabolical agenda before their mortal demise.'

And as I said befor - they CREATED this Divide among the People!

IT IS ARTIFICIAL!

It is just here to keep the people divided, in conflict among each other (like you here in this post) and most imporant - CONTROLLED.

I am sorry to be the bringer of Bad News, but somebody has to!

Basicly America is a ONE Party State. Can't you see through the Looking Glass? The Oppsition between the Reps and Dems is just a Show, an Illusion, a Spectacle for the PEOPLE. There is NO left and NO right in todays politics - They all have ONE SAME BOSS.

M O N E Y !

Can you PLEASE think about it?

I took the test and guess what? I AM A LIBERAL!!!
and here is how it describes liberal:

LIBERALS usually embrace freedom of choice in personal

matters, but tend to support significant government control of the

economy. They generally support a government-funded "safety net"
to help the disadvantaged, and advocate strict regulation

of business. Liberals tend to favor environmental regulations,

defend civil liberties and free expression, support government action

to promote equality, and tolerate diverse lifestyles.

so tell me what is so terribly bad about all that?

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 06:11 AM
link   

LIBERTARIANS support maximum liberty in both personal and

economic matters. They advocate a much smaller government; one

that is limited to protecting individuals from coercion and violence.

Libertarians tend to embrace individual responsibility, oppose

government bureaucracy and taxes, promote private charity, tolerate

diverse lifestyles, support the free market, and defend civil liberties.

Whats wrong with that? I dont think "capitalism should have any affiliation with government. They should remain COMPLETELY seperate. if they dont we will end up communists or fascists. Thats what pisses me off most about the republicans, they have some good beliefs, then blow it by giving all this power to businesses. By doing that you change democracy into fascism. Not calling you a fascist, but these republicans aren't giving any less power to control, just giving it to the businesses rather then the government. Since we both know that government has become so intertwined with business lately that you can't tell the different, what is republican really stand for?

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Lately???

You mean like since at least 1913 government was intertwined with business.. When businessmen began to print federal notes.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join