It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where Do Exorcised Demons Go?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Okay, so I had a very random thought yesterday. Sorry if this is more religious than paranormal, but I think it belongs more here:

Bear with me in assuming that demons could be real for this particular instance, what do people who believe in exorcism think happens to the demons after they are exorcised?

Does the Catholic church say anything about this? Do the demons get sent back "from whence they came", do they just get thrown out and have to wander the Earth, do they go into the next closest living thing? Does an exorcism make them holy and they actually get into heaven?

In all the times I have heard about demons and exorcism, I've never heard anybody say what happens to them afterwards.

So basically I'm wondering if anybody knows why saying certain words can allegedly cast a demon out of someone, and more specifically, where is that demon forced to go once it is exorcised?

Some possible options:
1. Back to hell/hell-like place.
2. Since they are blessed and have all the holy words spoken to them from the priest, could potentially go to Heaven/heaven-like place
3. Purgatory.
4. Ceases to exist.
5. Takes another physical lifeform in the close vicinity as a new host.
6. Wanders around the earth until it somehow finds someone new.
7. Any of several above options.
8. ???

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 09:22 AM
link   
8. To the spa or steamroom to relax the muscles after exorcising. Maybe?

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I guess it depends on who exorcises the demon, if an exorcism occurred. The exorcist can then 'banish' the demon to a specific place.

I would think that demon move from physical body to physical body at their own whim, depending on the person's spiritual state.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Pardon my asking, but does ANYBODY have video evidence (besides Hollywood) of ANY type of demon and/or posession that WASN'T some GOTH teenager OVER acting and looking for attention?

I've seem some pretty good UFO vids and pix, but NONE of a demonic posession. Does anybody have a link or 2 as to point me in the right direction?

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 09:47 AM
link   
What would you expect to see in a real exorcism video, snoochie? It's kinda like channelling. You have no way to tell if it's actually happening or if someone is BSing it, although some are much more convincing than others.

UFOs could potentially show up on video. You aren't going to see a demon go flying out of someone on video most likely though.

There are a couple on the internet if you look hard enough though. Or at least several voice recordings I've found.

[edit on 3-6-2006 by Yarcofin]

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Where do exorcised demons go?
...to the gym...(or actually home if their exorcised)

peace

dalen

someone already beat me to the punch with a better responce...still couldnt resist.

[edit on 3-6-2006 by dAlen]

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Good question, Yarcofin. However, we should be more concerned with the person becoming repossessed; and remember, possession is nine-tenths of the law. Groan. Sorry, just had to.
Here's a couple interesting sites I googled, Snoochies

www.religioustolerance.org...

www.newadvent.org...

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yarcofin
What would you expect to see in a real exorcism video, snoochie?

I don't really know...BUT I'm sure it would pretty riviting to say the least! I was just wondering if anybody has ever claimed "HERE is a REAL demonic posession video" and provide a link.

Originally posted by Yarcofin You aren't going to see a demon go flying out of someone on video most likely though.

You have to admit, THAT would pretty cool though...

Originally posted by YarcofinThere are a couple on the internet if you look hard enough though. Or at least several voice recordings I've found.

COOL! I'll do some sleuthing later today! Thanks Yarco!

Snooch

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Thanks friends!

THIS is the ATS I've grown to love! A GOOD topic with people ACTUALLY being friendly, light-hearted, and HELPFUL!

....NOT like what's been going on here lately. I don't understand while all the bashing!?

Eh....Anyway, it's members like dAlen and desert who can insert a bit of humor (2 funny replies BTW!) and NOT offend anybody yet STILL remain on TOPIC!

THIS is what I love MOST about ATS.

KEEP IT UP!

Snooch

[edit on 3-6-2006 by snoochies]

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by snoochies
THIS is the ATS I've grown to love! A GOOD topic with people ACTUALLY being friendly, light-hearted, and HELPFUL!

....NOT like what's been going on here lately. I don't understand while all the bashing!?

[edit on 3-6-2006 by snoochies]

Agree 100%! It's actually kinda relieving to see how people are acting on this thread.

Yarcofin, I think you can find the exorcism rites on the internet, I have them somewhere that I had printed out a long time ago. You should search for it in latin though, so you know you're getting a better chance at the real deal. I think it says there where they are being ordered to go. In latin, it is called "Exorcismus In Satanam Et Angelos Apostaticos"

If I find my copy, I will let you know, I'm looking through my files now.

Good thread, btw! I've always found this subject to be most intriguing.

*Edit - Here's the link.

[edit on 6/3/06 by niteboy82]

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Yarcofin, this might be helpful, fourth paragraph

www.timesonline.co.uk...

Snooch, the sites I listed were more of a refutation of demonic possession, but...I found this one to be scary

paranormal.about.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 10:50 AM
link   
According the the Christian new testament, they go out into desert places (option 6 on your list), looking for someone else to possess.

If they cant, they come back to their original home (the person who just got free from them) and they bring their friends to go back into that person making them even worse off then before.

As far as a literal what is going on, science could explain it to an extent I suppose, but their is a wealth of info yet to be uncovered so it will be somewhat hard to give a definitive answer.

peace

dalen

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 11:20 AM
link   
i believe demons are sent to an alternate reality where they are torchered until they have had enough

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Does anyone know if there is a babel-like site on the net, that would give me at least a rough translation of latin to english? I really don't want to go back and translate the exorcism rite again, as I can only find my latin copy. I thought it may be helpful to shed some light on yarcofin's question. If I could get a rough translation, it would be much easier for me to go back and fix it.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 12:00 PM
link   
i think i heard that they go and make country records.

but my source could be highly suspect.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   
You are under the impression that Man has any way to 'Exorcise' a demon.
This is not actually true.
A Demonic possession, contrary to popular myth, is 100% controlled by the demon that is using the host body.
Demons take the Body over to do certain deeds, IF for any reason the host is discovered to be possessed, the Demon makes the decision of whether or not its in its best interest to move from the body or take action to prevent the discoverer from revealing the secret.

If the Demon leaves the Body it does so of its own free will and moves onto another soul somewhere else in the world.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by JebusSaves
You are under the impression that Man has any way to 'Exorcise' a demon.
This is not actually true.
A Demonic possession, contrary to popular myth, is 100% controlled by the demon that is using the host body.
Demons take the Body over to do certain deeds, IF for any reason the host is discovered to be possessed, the Demon makes the decision of whether or not its in its best interest to move from the body or take action to prevent the discoverer from revealing the secret.

If the Demon leaves the Body it does so of its own free will and moves onto another soul somewhere else in the world.

I thought that man's only part in the exorcism was really providing the intercession between God and possessed person to rid the demon? The demon is supposed to ask for absolution in order to be saved.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Thanks to everyone who has shared some light on the subject so far and has been civil like snoochie said.

niteboy82, here's a copy of the exorcism in english:

Here

I don't know if there are sites like Babelfish that translate to Latin. There are many sites that will translate Latin one word at a time, but it's hard to find one to translate phrases. Like This one, but it's not very good. It couldn't even translate the word "dog".

So apparently magicians, etc can lock demons in bottles and throw them to the bottle of the ocean, but it's only a matter of time before they get found again probably. And you can cast demons into sheep and run them over the side of a cliff, but then what happens once the sheep all die? I suppose we will never know the full demonic cycle

By the way I am pretty much undecided on the exorcism/demon issue. So I'm not trying to get proof if it exists or not, I'm just saying assuming that this does exist, what is the outcome. Pretty much just a "what if" board.

Another question just also popped into my head. I wonder if there is like a counter-exorcism that demons can use to fiight back. In movies and testimonies they always seem to be saying random stuff in many different tongues, but what? Is there a Satanic Anti-Exorcism that can actually make them stronger and defeat the priest's words? Is there a counter-exorcism to get rid of angels and forces of good? Crazy stuff.

[edit on 3-6-2006 by Yarcofin]

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 01:40 PM
link   
This site does a decent Latin-To-English translation

Here's what I've translated it as, still pretty crude and missing words:

EXORCISMUS UPON TO PAY A CREDITOR AND ANGEL APOSTATICOS Order Leonis Pp. XIII the publishing of a book Acta Sanctae To sit vol. XXIII The following exorcismus to read aloud power counting from Episcopal , and not not a Sacerdotibus , quae counting from According to order suis to this authority government. Upon by name Father , and Daughter , + and Breath To sanctify. out of ones senses

Ps. LXVII. Exsurgat God and dissipentur personal enemy ejus : and to flee quae oderunt he a the making ejus. As to to be wanting fumus , to to be wanting : as trickling wax a the making fire , so pereant peccatores a the making Dei.

Ps. XXXIV. Trial , Lady , bad me : to take by assault impugnantes me. Confundantur and revereantur quaerentes breath meam. Avertantur retrorsum and confundantur cogitantes me jaw. Fiat as dust before the making to toss in the air : and angel Demesne coarctans these. Fiat viae of those tenebrae , and oily : and angel Demesne to follow these. Since in order to absconderunt me ruin noose himself : superfluous exprobraverunt breath meam. Grace in that snare whom to be ignorant of ; and imprisonment how anscondit apprehendat he : and upon noose corpse upon itself. Breath but meam exsultabit upon Master : and delightful over, upon salutari to stitch.

To Holy Michaëlem Archangelum. prayer

Leading politician gloriosissime cælestis of a soldier sancte Nostril Archangele , to support we upon prælio and wrestling quæ us facing rule and power , facing to clean guide tenebrarum of these , against spiritualia worthlessness , upon cælestibusus. To come upon aid of men , whom God creator inexterminabiles , and to imaginem similitudinis suæ fecit , and a tyrant devil to send out price very. Præliare today when beatorum Angelorum army prælia Demesne , as fight against ducem pride luciferum , and angel ejus apostaticos : and not valuerunt , worthless place contriver is their to increase upon coelo. But projectus is of drachmas he large serpens ancient , quae vocatur devil and to pay a creditor , quae seducer universe orbem ; and projectus is upon earth , and angel ejus when for that holy mass are. Behold ancient personal enemy and homicida violently upright is. Transfiguratus upon angel shining , when tota to contrive breath crowd broadly round and to undertake earth , when upon this deleat name Dei and Christi ejus animasque to æternæ fame crown resolute furetur mactet and perdat upon eternal ruin. Virus worthlessness suæ , as river immundissimum , of drachmas wicked transfundit upon homines depravatos mind and tumble down corde ; breath fault impietatis and reviling halitumque deadly luxury , vicious omnium and injustice.

Church , Recognition immaculati betrothal gift faverrrimi hostes repleverunt amaritudinibus inebriarunt absinthio ; to omnia desiderabilia ejus indefatigable wretched hand. When residence beatissimi Rocky and Cathedra truthfulness to lamp gentium to set up is , there thronum posuerunt abominationis and impietatis suæ ; when to strike hard Shepherd , and herds to destroy bid farewell. ^) Adesto and , Duke invictissime , devastation Dei against irrumpentes spirituales worthlessness , and fac victory. You protection and patron sancta respect Church ; you fame supporter facing terrestrium and infernorum nefarious power ; to you surrender Master breath redeemer upon northeast by north wind happiness locandas. Prayer Of the gods peace , when to crush to pay a creditor up to, under foot our , that not beyond bid farewell to take captive tender homines , and Church bad. To bring forward our prayers upon to sprinkle Highest , when quickly to surpass we pity Demesne , and apprehendas draconem serpentem ancient , quae is devil and to pay a creditor , and imprisonment to send upon hell , when not seducer to increase gen tes. From this place tuo discuss præsidio and protection sacri ministerii our authority [ if you wish fuerit laicus , or clericus quae ordinem exorcistatus not yet guardian dicat : sacra sanctae Mother Church authority ], to infestationes devil fraud repellendas upon by name Jesu Christi Dei and Demesne our confident and ax to go to.

V. Lo Crucem Demesne , fugitive faction unfavorable. R. Conquer Lion about tribu Juda , source David. V. Fiat pity your , Lady , over, upon we. R. How speravimus upon you. V. Lady , to listen to prayer meam. R. And a shout my to you grace. [ if you wish fuerit at least diaconus to join V. Master you. R. And when breath tuo. ^) Oremus

God , and Patris Demesne our Jesu Christi , invocation name holy your , and indulgence tuam the suppliant exposcimus when , very intercessionem immaculatæ always Virginis Dei Genitricis Husband , happiness Michaëlis Archangeli , happiness Joseph ejusdem happiness Virginis Betrothal gift beatorum Apostolorum Rocky and For a little while and omnium Sanctorum , facing to pay a creditor omnesque to another place unclean breath , quae to bad kindness to be produced animasque perdendas pervagantur upon to clean , us aid præstare digneris. Very eumdem Christum Master our. out of ones senses

EXORCISMVS Exorcizamus you , all foul breath , all satanica power , all clash infernalis opponent , all a selection , all assembly and sector devil , upon by name and valor Demesne Our Jesu Christi , to root out and flee from a Dei Church , counting from breath to imaginem Dei laid up stores and price divine influence Recognition what blood ransoming +. Not beyond boldness serpens callidissime , ensnare human kind Dei Church to follow , and Dei amber excutere and to sift as wheat +. Commander in chief to you God highest + , in which upon magna your pride you similar government till then præsumis ; quae omnes homines vult to be well be made and to recognition truthfulness to come. Commander in chief to you God Patris + ; commander in chief to you God Son + ; commander in chief to you God Breath Holy +. Commander in chief to you majestas Christi æternum Dei Word , flesh deed + , quae for advantageous to be produced our your envy ruin humiliavit semetipsum facfus hobediens all the way to mortem ; quae Church suam ædificavit above firmam rocky , and you carry those down below facing she never to be prævalituras edixit , when this himself permansurus omnibus days all the way to completion sæculi. Commander in chief to you oath Crucis omniumque christianæ faithful Mysteriorum valor +. Commander in chief to you elevations Dei Fruitful Maiden Husband quæ superbissimum capitis your a first urgently immaculatæ suæ conceptionis upon her humility crushing. Commander in chief to you assurance sanctorum Apostolorum Rocky and For a little while , and ceterorum Apostolorum +. Commander in chief to you Martyr what blood

And so on...

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Yarcofin,

I can tell that you are a scholar and a very serious person so I will answer your obviously sincere question regarding demons who have been exorcized. You are not to share this information with anyone as the location of the home is, of course, secret least a drove of crucifix wielding catholic priests rain down upon the aging, retired demons.

There is a home in Woodland Hills (West Valley Los Angeles) where exorcized demons are sent so long as they were doing a good job polluting catholics and were subjected to the very occasional priest who actually succeeds in the exorcize process.

I will not give you the address least you travel to LAX, rent a car, manage to find Woodland Hills, drive along Mullholland Dr., take a left on Saltillo St, stumble on the house, by accident, and bother the demons who, lets face it, have had a hard enough time working for that angel god doesn’t like any more.

The home is about ½ mile from the retired actor’s retirement home and you shouldn’t bother them either. Those are the only hints I will give you. Good Luck.

Any other serious questions involving your advanced lever of scholarship…just ask.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join