It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terror Raid In Canada

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Hey Duzey, I'm a bartender and the pub jokes have already started

As far as I know if Mr. Chang is found guilty of these alleged offenses, he can also be charged and convicted of sedition and high treason, these carry life imprisonment charges, which basically here means 25 years with parole elegibility, somehow though if this guy is found guilty I can't see him being granted parole ever, not that he would deserve it in my book.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I'm not holding my breath for a conviction on any of these cases. This juror is still undecided.

The last time the RCMP/CSIS broke up a 'terror cell', in 2003, they couldn't prove any of the charges in court. The men ended up getting deported for immigration violations.

These are Canadians, so we can't deport them. Chand will be lucky if he doesn't spend the next 15 years in jail under a security certificate.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   
From what I've been able to gather, the RCMP intercepted the shipment of Ammonia Nitrate and substituted it with the powder to allow the "deal" to go through and catch the suspects. A true sting, catching them red handed.

Lets stop the "defence" of these home grown terrorists.

As a Canadian, I'm really pissed at the idea that if found guilty, I can look forward to paying, through taxes, for their incarceration for years to come due to a lack of a death penalty.

My opinion.... pack them up along with their extended families, strip away any visa, passports, and any other legal right to staying in this country and pay for a one way ticket back to their homelands. An awful lot cheaper and maybe then they'll appreciate the freedom and security they had in a free country such as Canada, once its taken from them permanently.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdelta99
Lets stop the "defence" of these home grown terrorists.

No defence here, just an acknowledgement that they are entitled to due process coupled with the observation that I've seen this play out before and come to nothing.

Throw in the timing: CSIS hearings, RCMP looking for more money and the budget passing yesterday, oh so quietly, without a vote.

If there is enough evidence to convict them, fine. Until then, I'm going to refrain from judgement.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Well I'm sure that some if not all the defense lawyers will try screaming 'entrapment', if they can. So far that does not seem to be the case.

I believe this operation was in the works so long as to make sure any charges laid would prove fruitful.

The RCMP did not encourage them to buy the nitrate, they basically waited for them to initiate a sale and then proceeded to take it over.

Without this they probably didn't have enough physical evidence for the raids.
I am already fed up with the lawyers whining about their clients rights-

Their family members can only speak with them through plexi glass

When the raid happened, it was raining and the law enforcement officers dirtied their homes with their muddy shoes

The alleged are not allowed to pray together while they are in jail

This article refers to the 'entrapment issue'
www.theglobeandmail.com...

As much as we reserve judement on these alleged terrorists until the charges are proven, we must not sit in judgement of our Law enforement, the RCMP, CSIS and other agencies are here to prtotect us.

I certainly will not be giving the benefit of doubt to the accused terrorists, my loyalty lies first and foremost with the law enforcement, it's a shame more Canadians don't give them the benefit of doubt. Once again the would be criminals seem to have secured themseleves center stage for the sympathetic spotlight.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 05:57 PM
link   
The officers in Newmarket did more than dirty carpets according to this current local York Region link of which some may not be aware. "Glass flying and rubber bullets" by eye-witness account.

Thanx,

Victor K.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by alphacenturi
Well I'm sure that some if not all the defense lawyers will try screaming 'entrapment', if they can.

That's their job. If they don't scream entrapment, the client isn't getting an effective defence and could appeal on that basis alone.

As much as we reserve judement on these alleged terrorists until the charges are proven, we must not sit in judgement of our Law enforement, the RCMP, CSIS and other agencies are here to prtotect us.

I certainly will not be giving the benefit of doubt to the accused terrorists, my loyalty lies first and foremost with the law enforcement, it's a shame more Canadians don't give them the benefit of doubt.

Is that what we would call talking the talk, but not walking the walk? Either you are innocent until proven guilty or you're not. Laws aren't in place just to protect the people we think deserve it.

You know I like you alphacenturi, I just wish I didn't have to disagree with you so often.

[edit on 6-6-2006 by Duzey]

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by V Kaminski
York Region link of which some may not be aware. "Glass flying and rubber bullets" by eye-witness account.

Fluff piece, read it and you'll see the incongruities. Glass and rubber bullets? Wow, there's a heath hazzard. Amazing no one asked for the MOL to make sure it was not a "work refusal". Amazingly enough, NO one was hurt by any of these hazzards.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I did read it, found it informative and I thought more than "a fluff piece", I can provide more links providing a flame-war is not going to ensue, or you can read the newspaper tomorrow too... that's why I in good faith reported it here to the ATS community. Anyone is entirely entitled to draw their own conclusion. I'm sorry you found it uninformative Intrepid I did not mean to offend anyone... I reported it in the spirit of presenting accurate information.

My apologies,

Victor K.

[edit on 6-6-2006 by V Kaminski]

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   

I did read it, found it informative and I thought more than "a fluff piece", I can provide more links providing a flame-war is not going to ensue, or you can read the newspaper tomorrow too... that's why I in good faith reported it here to the ATS community. Anyone is entirely entitled to draw their own conclusion. I'm sorry you found it uninformative Intrepid I did not mean to offend anyone... I reported it in the spirit of presenting accurate information.

My apologies,

Victor K.

No apologies are necessary. You just got a piece of media fluff there. That happens all of the time. Sometimes it's difficult to sort through it.

Just saying that I work in the institution that these guys are housed in. Can't say much more than that. They would be in a hosptital, or at least our Heath Care Unit if any serious injuries had occurred. They aren't.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Globe and Mail might be considered to be a reputable newspaper a link that states some less detailed secondary account of the arrest in Newmarket here's their link today. I expect more detailed stuff from all the papers by about 5:30AM EDT. There were many witnesses not just the long-time owner of Magic Motorcycles (the neighbour).

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Globe and Mail might be considered to be a reputable newspaper a link that states some less detailed secondary account of the arrest in Newmarket here's their link today. I expect more detailed stuff from all the papers by about 5:30AM EDT. There were many witnesses not just the long-time owner of Magic Motorcycles (the neighbour).

And that has what to do with this?

The officers in Newmarket did more than dirty carpets according to this current local York Region link of which some may not be aware. "Glass flying and rubber bullets" by eye-witness account.

Thanx,

Victor K.

Still not getting you Victor.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Just got off the phone with Magic Motorcycles and I asked them what went down last Friday night... straight from an eyewitness who works there.

The parts guy said it was "straight out of hollywood", "full tactical squad", "lots of gunfire", I asked how many officers he said dozens, I used to sell those guys bike wholesale parts and accessories years ago.

Thanx,

Victor K.

Edit: Phone number removed. Can't do that man, without consent.

[edit on 6-6-2006 by intrepid]

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Not fluff, fact. I like them. I refuse to report "junk" no matter what anyone says. I have high confidence in this data. The second article supports "the fluff" in the first and the phone call is the back check... OK?

Victor K.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Thanks, I like you too Duzey, and it's ok to disagree and I can safely say I think you agree with me

I just don't like reading articles such as this, the star here seems to jump all over these guys right from the start of this article in such a way that I find distasteful and disrespectful.

This is only a couple of days after what transpired, whether these alleged terrorists are innocent or not this article borders on sounding childish in dealing and reporting an extremely serious situation.

www.thestar.com.../Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1149460818253&call_pageid=1149329604487&col=11 49329604479

Considering the enforcement agencies have stated recently that there would be more arrests, I'm glad for the position they took up at the courthouse that day.

Maybe a little more testostorone was flowing that day, but I would have been one pissed off citizen if they had of posted only a handful of officers there to oversee the situtation.

I guess it just bugs me that everyone seems so quick to jump down the throats of the very people who are employed to protect us, this is not to say they are oh so perfect in any way, but what does it tell us about our own society when we are more quick to judge the percieved good than we are to judge the percieved bad?

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Wow alpha' that article does sound skewed... thanx for that link. I'd not have known otherwise, It does sound well - out of the ordinary. I wonder how many years this'll take to prosecute? The next wave of arrests? The next wave of spin from all sides? Yikes!

Thanx,

Victor K.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Not fluff, fact. I like them. I refuse to report "junk" no matter what anyone says. I have high confidence in this data. The second article supports "the fluff" in the first and the phone call is the back check... OK?

Victor K.

Um, no. But I have to take myself out of the mix as you've made me make a staff move, ie: deleting a phone number. Please don't do that again, it's not legally viable.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 07:18 PM
link   
For those who may be interested Magic Motorcycles is listed in the biz directory of the city in question... I meant no harm and only wanted folks to be assured that I back check my data before posting on ATS that which is available in the public domain. Thanx to Intrepid for removing the phone number... I did not realize that I may have been in violation of the T&C...
Again my apologies all and to to Intrepid for pointing out my indescretion...

Thanx,

Victor K.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Thanks, I like you too Duzey

Aww, group hug time.

what does it tell us about our own society when we are more quick to judge the percieved good than we are to judge the percieved bad?

Honestly? I think it tells us something really good. I think it would be awful to live with everyone looking for the bad all the time.

It not like the authorities never screw this kind of stuff up. Or grandstand. Or time things to suit their collective interests. Or even make an honest mistake. There's a reason for innocent until proven guilty.

Like I said, if they have the evidence to convict them, great. But right now, based on their track record with this, I'll wait and see.

edited to completely change the post because it sucked.

[edit on 6-6-2006 by Duzey]

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 08:03 PM
link   
It would seem that our RCMP wanted to get a step ahead in their procedure regarding the arrests of the 'alledged terrorists'

Seems the kid gloves were already in place.
If the Muslim communities are hell bent on wanting to be treated the same and not segregated, perhaps they should try a little harder at not expecting things to be so different because they are Muslim.

www.sweetness-light.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join