It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terror Raid In Canada

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 05:23 PM
link   
And a twist... seems the RCMP may have supplied the NH4NO3... source Toronto Star newspaper... www.thestar.com.../Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1149371435834&call_pageid=968332188492

[edit on 4-6-2006 by V Kaminski]

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 08:08 PM
link   
The Ottawa Sun is bunk... NO proofs were shown by authorities that Al Qaida has anything to do with that. Most media outlets in Canada even said that the feds "claim" that the 17 who were arrested were terrorists, but that no proof was shown of their terrorist plot. They don't even wanna talk about what their targets were.

As long as the authorities do not show any proofs of terrorist plot, I won't buy anything of that Al Qaida crap. Ten years ago a local gang could be framed by the feds with tons of explosives and weapons and they would still go to jail over criminal charges, and now the government can frame anybody who has the Anarchist Cooknook in his house for being a "terrorist"...

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 09:20 AM
link   
RCMP and Public Safety Minister Stockwell Day are expecting more arrests in relation to the Toronto Terror Plot and were tipped to the activities by monitoring internet sites that promote "anti-Western sentiment". Here's a CBC link.

[edit on 5-6-2006 by V Kaminski]

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by V Kaminski
And a twist... seems the RCMP may have supplied the NH4NO3...

MSNBC just reported the bags were marked as being ammonium nitrate but the contents were just some form of unspecified powder, apprently the police planned this all out. Nothing in hard print at this time to confirm that, but it is/was being shown on MSNBC.

Have to give the mounties and A Plus for planting the fake stuff.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Hi shots, was there some suggestion from some corner that Canadian Police are somehow stupid? Your title suggests that some may consider this to be so. Do you have a link? Or is there a report you can point to?

Thanx,

Victor K.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Hi shots, was there some suggestion from some corner that Canadian Police are somehow stupid? Your title suggests that some may consider this to be so. Do you have a link? Or is there a report you can point to?

No I did not mean to imply they were stupid that is why I said they are not dumb because it would take some planning on their part to pull this off. And no there is nothing in print stating it was exchanged (the powder that is,) however as I Stated that is what MSNBC claimed on live broadcasts two times this morning.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Attendees at "the terror training camp" in Washago township were described by local residents "as kind of hard to miss" and "something wrong about them", not to mention the chopper overflights or the setting of cameras and such in neighbours mail boxes, or apparently the frequent automatic weapons fire.

Seems this group wasn't particularly adept at spotting "surveillance" or discreet when choosing an explosives supplier either. Let's hope the next batch (or the rest of this batch) are apprehended in such a controlled manner. Here's a Canada.com link that describes some of the local experience in Washago in regard to this still developing story.

Thanx,

Victor K.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by shots
No I did not mean to imply they were stupid that is why I said they are not dumb because it would take some planning on their part to pull this off. And no there is nothing in print stating it was exchanged (the powder that is,) however as I Stated that is what MSNBC claimed on live broadcasts two times this morning.

It was reported in the Toronto Star today. I don't have the time to look it up now but It said that the RCMP had changed A.N. for an inert powder. They even delivered it.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
It was reported in the Toronto Star today. I don't have the time to look it up now but It said that the RCMP had changed A.N. for an inert powder. They even delivered it.

Thanks I saved you time for later on toay here it is

Although police haven't officially said so, sources have told the Star's Michelle Shephard that the final act in the multi-year investigation came when federal agents intercepted the group's order for the fertilizer, and arranged to have it delivered by truck.

But, the Star has learned, police switched the fertilizer with a harmless powder before making the delivery.

After the deal was done, the handcuffs came out.

TheStar .com

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Bet they were surprised
when the handcuffs came out

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   

And a twist... seems the RCMP may have supplied the NH4NO3... source Toronto Star newspaper... www.thestar.com.../Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1149371435834&call_pageid=968332188492

[edit on 4-6-2006 by V Kaminski]

Kaminski, you've got my vote for WATS!

What was a quiet hypothesis inside my mind just had been proven by the best newspaper in Canada!

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   
The Lexington Herald-Leader is reporting of international co-operation concerning the recent Toronto arrests and that the Toronto operation is part of an "electronic, phone and web" surveillance that is and has been on-going in seven nations. Those interested may wish to check this Herald-Leader link.

Thanx,

V. Kaminski

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I'm feeling a little more cynical than usual today and wanted to share.

The timing of these raids couldn't have been better for CSIS. It pushes these stories right out of the limelight:

May 28, CTV - Probe could find how CSIS handles information
May 31, Globe and Mail - Lacking a case, CSIS disrupted suspects' lives

I suppose now that we have been 'saved' we aren't supposed to care about how they conduct themselves.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Yes Duzey, the timing does seem rather fortuitous, happening at a time when CSIS Senate hearings are underway, and the RCMP is moving to centralize it's HQ. and pushing for more support in the public realm, have we forgotten the rules by which our institutions are required to abide?

Perhaps the third party rendition issue still isn't completely resloved either. When it comes to public security and safety I want the RCMP and CSIS to be absolutely ruthless AND respect the spirit and letter of the law in discharging their responsibilities. This most recent set of arrests would be "tainted" badly by any facilitation of entrapment (especially if using Canadian minors). You are correct to point out "what is being under-rug-swept" by such news headlines "bumping" what otherwise would have been significant news stories.

That there may be international co-operation and co-ordination in such campaigns both in and out of government is not entirely unreasonable nor unexpected but a genuine concern nonetheless... Who's watching the watchers? You and I? Who's making certain that our governments are not breaking the laws which they swear to uphold? What are the "rules" of conduct?

Those who ask such questions seem to get a "Floydian" brick wall... ask any Ottawa journalist these days... Get set for a "Team Canada Blue" media push in the States... I'd say Congress and Senate (and the media) will be sold a confidence inspiring bill of goods... sort of a feel good pro-Canada media blitz to alay the fears of those with "voices-loud" in the Senate and Congress who believe Canada is a "Terrorist Safe Haven" because of immigration. Such folks may wish to look in the mirror before casting blame...

Thanx,

Victor K.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Thanks for indulging my cynicism, Victor.

Ever since the embarrassment for our country that was Project Thread, I'm taking everything with a grain of salt.

After watching the changes that our neighbours to the south have gone through in the last 5.5 years, I'm a little apprehensive about what is happening. I don't think anyone could have anticipated the change in the American psyche after 9/11. Having the benefit of watching what has transpired in the US since then, my suspicious nature has been ratcheted up to a whole new level.

And since I'm speculating, how about the sudden change of mind on giving the House a vote on Afghanistan 2 weeks ago. This investigation had been ongoing for quite some time, the Mayor of TO said he heard about it in January. Perhaps a setup to get the Liberals to vote against extending the mission and making them look 'soft on terror'?

I don't want to live in a country divided along silly left/right lines and I will be mad as hell if this event is used to foment that kind of nonsense.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 03:36 PM
link   

I don't want to live in a country divided along silly left/right lines and I will be mad as hell if this event is used to foment that kind of nonsense.

It's almost too late for that. Harper still wants to push his Anti-Gay agenda which WILL split the country politically speaking. NEway, the approval rate of the Afghan war in Canada is plummeting, last I saw was 38% in favor while the rest were either against or apathetic about it all. Of course Alberta remains strong in favor of the war since they are like 50% American NEways......

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I'll give you the almost.

I wish we could just drop the whole gay marriage thing too, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen. On the positive side, it is no longer a 'shall we outlaw gay marriages' question, but a 'should we talk about revisiting the issue of gay marriages' kind of question. A very small distinction, but an important one. It's not what he promised to do and that may upset some of the traditional supporters.

Alberta is always going to be off in their own little universe. Just as long as nobody tries to enact some kind of National Energy Program, they will be happy in a strange complainy sort of way. Quebec taught the West the value of threats.

I'm OK with Afghanistan. The way I see it is we (and some other people) went in there and overthrew their government. We kind of owe it to them to stick around until they are stable, 10 or so years from now. Like the sign in the china store says 'You broke it, you bought it'.

And to bring us back to our topic, I just don't trust CSIS. I also don't trust the RCMP, the government, the opposition, the media or the fellow with the office down the hall from mine. He has beady little eyes and I'm sure he's up to no good.

Let's just say I have issues with trust.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Steven Vikash Chand's lawyer has stated that his client is being also charged with "wanted to be-head our Prime Minister". This was just shown on CTV in an interview with his lawyer Gary(last name?) didn't catch the rest. Now CTV, CBC keep talking about the Chuck Guite case.

Just found this link on Canoe about the threat against Harper.

cnews.canoe.ca...

[edit on 6-6-2006 by alphacenturi]

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   
They watched these dudes for two years... I find it odd that they would be operating without "guidance" from some higher authority, these old boys don't seem too bright... I hope I'm entirely wrong but the notion of new arrests are not going away... two years is a long time to collect data... this "be-heading" thing is a "no-brainer" and seems to be standard notion in the media as an accepted modality claim amongst such extremists... however the "storming and bombing of buildings" and such leaves me wondering if we have enough military "grunt" at home right now... ever driven in the "exit" to the parking on Parliament Hill? Uh, ain't nothin' stoppin' anyone as of a week or so ago. BTW. the lawyer's name for the accussed Vikash Chand is Gary Batasar.

Thanx,

Victor K.

[edit on 6-6-2006 by V Kaminski]

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   
This article gives an idea of some of the Muslim community involvment with the RCMP and CSIS over this investigation.

Even the suspects knew they were being watched, apparently that's why CSIS was on the list as one of the possible targets.

www.canada.com...

I live in Mississauga and was in Brampton on Saturday at the bus terminal. My daughter was going away for the weekend. Traffic was brutal around on Hurontario (HWY 10) where the courthouse is.

But I made it home unscathed

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by alphacenturi
Steven Vikash Chand's lawyer has stated that his client is being also charged with "wanted to be-head our Prime Minister".

I was reading about that. Storm the parliament and take our politicians hostage. Then threaten to behead them if we don't leave Afghanistan.

I really don't mean to be insensitive to the plight of those poor politicians, but I can picture the reaction in pubs across the country.

'They're going to behead our caucus? Meh. Another pint please.'

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join