It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terror Raid In Canada

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by BattleofBatoche
Okay then lets see a picture of all this ammonia nitrate instead of just taking their word for it. Where the heck are you going to store 3 tons of ammonia nitrate?
wheres the picture, well why is that not flashed across the air waves?
well why? BECAUSE THEY LIE TO SCARE YOU!!!!!!!

All they have shown is a picture of the side of a house and a box of flash lights.

No they showed more then just a box of flash lights the box also had other items such as a meter and batteries as I recall. One photo included a bag of the fertilzer here is it

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Could a fully stacked pallet of ammonium nitrate like the ojne pictured equal about a ton and a half? That may have been what they siezed.
Well there are your pictures batoche.

[edit on 6/3/2006 by DYepes]

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 05:36 PM
link   
That's damn scary. I'm surprised no one's picking up on the FIVE MINORS who were arrested. Doesn't this raise some questions, such as who is indoctrinating these young people?

DE

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 05:56 PM
link   
The fertilizer shown in images:

A bag of fertilizer, not seized in the raid, used in a press conference for display purposes. (CP/Aaron Harris)

cnews.canoe.ca...

Really... 3 tonnes of this stuff is nothing.

There is tonnes and tonnes of this stuff on farms and being sold at ag depots all over Canada.

I think you could buy non suspicious blends of bulk fertilizer and filter out the same pure ammonium nitrate.

If this group is for real I bet they have way more.

To get 3 tonnes they would only need 120 bags of the shown product.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Dulcimer, three tonnes is still enough to do some serious damage. Remember, these people were known in their communities. They had jobs, cars, homes, etc. Three tonnes was more than something. More than enough to flatten Union Station.

DE

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wask

Originally posted by Sauron

I blame this on Mini Me (Stephen Harper)

[edit on 3/6/2006 by Sauron]

Why would you blame him? Wasen't it the Liberals who made the decision to go to Afghanistan? Oh yeah thats right they don't like to talk about that.

[edit on 3-6-2006 by Wask]

The liberals sent troops in the wake of 9/11 when the public was still outraged and miss led about the attacks. since 9/11 and all the shaddy stuff that has gone on, there is no reason that our government can come up with to further support an administration that has such poor public approvall. Look at what we have done to our good name in the name of BUSH. I dont want to go travelling anymore, cause i dont feel like anything but american, thanks to canada's new military role in foriegn affairs.

Depending on how many targets locations were being raided, 400 is a modest number. Recently here in Vancouver i believe 200 officers raided 20 residence or something like that to rescue a kidnapping victim. 10 officers per target, and the more targets hit simotaniously, the better the chance of anyone slipping through the cracks.

Canada has a lot of police per capita, and rairly the chance to let them all go out at once and do some damage.

It is nice to hear about when something is done right like the incident here in Vancouver, but this incident in Toronto is going to help Bush's campaign in the Middle East too much to enjoy.

Fertilizer? this is jsut another ploy to keep track of Marijuanna Growers.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Canada has a lot of police per capita, and rairly the chance to let them all go out at once and do some damage.

Actually Canada's Cop per capita is really low compared to countries like US, and Germany.

en.wikipedia.org...
Canada has 182 police officers per 100,000 people. That is a substantially lower rate than most developed countries with only Japan and Sweden having so few police officers. The United States has 243 per 100,000 and Germany 290. Canada's national police force is the RCMP which is the main police force in Canada's north and rural areas outside of Quebec, Ontario, and Newfoundland. Those three provinces have their own provincial police forces. Major cities also have their own police forces.

In 2001, Canada had about 32,000 people in prison or about 0.13% of the population. In the United States about 0.7% of the population is incarcerated and the European average is 0.2% with France and Germany having lower rates than Canada, but the United Kingdom, Spain and most of Eastern Europe having higher ones.

[edit on 3-6-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx
Dulcimer, three tonnes is still enough to do some serious damage.

DE

Don't mean to speak for them but all Dulcimer was saying is that it is a relatively easy amount to purchase and store.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx
That's damn scary. I'm surprised no one's picking up on the FIVE MINORS who were arrested. Doesn't this raise some questions, such as who is indoctrinating these young people?

DE

They are indoctrinated at a very early age:

A review of a sample of official Saudi textbooks for Islamic studies used during the current academic year reveals that, despite the Saudi government's statements to the contrary, an ideology of hatred toward Christians and Jews and Muslims who do not follow Wahhabi doctrine remains in this area of the public school system. The texts teach a dualistic vision, dividing the world into true believers of Islam (the "monotheists") and unbelievers (the "polytheists" and "infidels").

This indoctrination begins in a first-grade text and is reinforced and expanded each year, culminating in a 12th-grade text instructing students that their religious obligation includes waging jihad against the infidel to "spread the faith."

Schools

By the time they are in twelfth grade, they are totally brainwashed. Probably even sooner.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Nothing like sending out 400 cops to take 10 guys. Probably Muslims playing with paint ball guns like in Virginia. Actually the Amonnia would suggest a farmer connection. Therefore the Canadian Gov't probably needs to create a scare in order to fufill the U.N.'s global gun ban which cannot happen when Western Canada demands the Gun registry to be scrapped. Ontario law enforcement have to justify the amount of money it spends on militarizing its police force while the brainwashed reds suck off the gov't teet.
It's all fake propaganda. We have to justify Afganistan cause the NDP & Libs are yipping & yapping about pulling our troops out.

I couldn't stop reading your bs and kiddish comments... What a heck is that? Didn't you watch the news? Did you read Sun and Star today? When in the name of God happened in Canada, Ontario, or Toronto a stuff like that? You know very good how decently is the muslim community treated in this country. You know how open minded people are and nobody would have accepted a foul play over here. Listen man, I take that freaking subway everyday from Yorkdale to go to Young Str. I get there with my wife and kidds, I go to CN Tower very often and for God sakes I want to feel safe and secure. Instead of bashing your own government (if you are canadian) you better think how horrible could have been on Monday if that bombe would have gone off... Did you hear any comment from the muslim community? NONE! Nobody said a word, nobody made a comment...
Btw Harper and Tory doesn't have to justify nothing about Afganistan. Were Liberals who sent those troops there... Geee this forum should have a age limit

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Telos, anymore posts like that last one be prepared to to wear your Red Flags.

This is the News Network, not Slugfest.

[edit on 3-6-2006 by intrepid]

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000

In 2001, Canada had about 32,000 people in prison or about 0.13% of the population. In the United States about 0.7% of the population is incarcerated and the European average is 0.2% with France and Germany having lower rates than Canada, but the United Kingdom, Spain and most of Eastern Europe having higher ones.

[edit on 3-6-2006 by sardion2000]

so by those stats it can be said that canada has 30% fewer police than the states, but the states have over 5 times the amount of crime leading to incarceration.

so i guess what i meant was, canadian police have a lot more time on thier on hands.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Telos

I couldn't stop reading your bs and kiddish comments... What a heck is that? Didn't you watch the news? Did you read Sun and Star today? When in the name of God happened in Canada, Ontario, or Toronto a stuff like that? You know very good how decently is the muslim community treated in this country. You know how open minded people are and nobody would have accepted a foul play over here. Listen man, I take that freaking subway everyday from Yorkdale to go to Young Str. I get there with my wife and kidds, I go to CN Tower very often and for God sakes I want to feel safe and secure. Instead of bashing your own government (if you are canadian) you better think how horrible could have been on Monday if that bombe would have gone off... Did you hear any comment from the muslim community? NONE! Nobody said a word, nobody made a comment...
Btw Harper and Tory doesn't have to justify nothing about Afganistan. Were Liberals who sent those troops there... Geee this forum should have a age limit

It's this kind of fear that will open the door to a police state.

and the liberals did not send the troops to afganistan, the public did. If they did not send troops they would have to explain to the public why we are not supporting our closest neighbor. a lot has changed since then.

when you say age "limit" did you mean those too old to understand, or too young?

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Goose I know how close is Harper with Bush and I'm not saying that the news is true. Could be a mere fabrication and attempt to bring the laws for the gun control and other stuff like that... etc etc, or could really be a terrorist act. We don't know yet. That's was my point. Let's wait and see before we jump to the conlcusions.

P.S. As for the age limit, you've got it right, I meant too yong

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Telos
Did you hear any comment from the muslim community? NONE! Nobody said a word, nobody made a comment...

Really? You must not get the same channels on tv as I do.

I heard lots of muslim comments. They ranged from 'we came to Canada to get away from this kind of extremism' to 'this is why seperation of church and state are so important' to 'praise be to allah that they were caught before anything happened'.

At least I know what all the talk on homegrown terrorism in the news this week was about.

Originally posted by clearwater
Only 10% of applicants are screened.

Are you taking your information from the recent stories in the news? Like this one: CSIS concedes nine of 10 immigration applicants not screened.

If so, then you should read what Stockwell Day had to say about it:

"In that regard, I can assure you that CSIS screens 100% of all immigrants who apply for their refugee and/or permanent residency status from within Canada. CSIS also screens 100% of all the applicants who applied at our embassies and consulates abroad referred to them as a security risk."

Hooper testified that only 10% of the some 20,000 immigrants from Afghanistan and Pakistan were screened by CSIS in the last five years. Day's spokeswoman Melisa Leclerc insisted the minister was not contradicting Hooper's testimony, but putting it in context and "clarifying." All immigrants not vetted by CSIS are screened by immigration officials, which means 100% are vetted, she said.

CSIS gives 100% to screening, Stock says

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 11:59 PM
link   
canada cought terrorists?

[edit on 4-6-2006 by candy_chimes_boy]

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 12:05 AM
link   
im gettin kinda freaked by the capitol hill shootings and these terror arrests in CANADA whilst USA is protesting Iran's rights.

freakin freaky -> for lack of non-obscene words.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Batoche,

If you look closely at the pictures of the siezed articles in the CTV news article link below, you'll notice a small black platic tool box, fitted with a cell phone wired to what would be the detonator device. Combine this with the amount of fertilizer purchased....oh yeah, obviously they're just a bunch of farmer's here.

www.ctv.ca...

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes
Well Batoche what were they doing with all that ammonia nitrite? If they were planning on starting a farm or fertilizer operation, than they damn well better have the documentation to show for it. Or were they just holding it for someone who was?

Okay then lets see a picture of all this ammonia nitrate instead of just taking their word for it. Where the heck are you going to store 3 tons of ammonia nitrate?
wheres the picture, well why is that not flashed across the air waves?
well why? BECAUSE THEY LIE TO SCARE YOU!!!!!!!

All they have shown is a picture of the side of a house and a box of flash lights.
LOL wow you got to be kidding i have read plenty of conspiracy theorys but this realy tops it, would you be asking for evidence within 2 days of the arrest if they had actualy made the bomb and killed a couple thousand people no you wouldnt because the evidence would be where the destruction is.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Well, there's a new part of the story now... the backlash...

www.cbc.ca...

It's sad to see that some people still feel that the best way to oppose these things is to hit the religious centers. That's not what you do. What you do is you prosecute the people that were responsible, that's it. Justice, not revenge.

Anyways, I find it hard to see how some extremist muslims can do such an action knowing that it won't help their people - that instead it creates the opposite reaction. Ghandi people! Violence begets violence! Same goes to all who think people not of their faith will rot in hell or equivilant - let us sinners or heretics or infidels or whatever rest in peace. People need to choose their faith for themselves. If you think that's the wrong choice, do not force the choice on others. Discuss, and talk, that's all you can do.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join